The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm obviously not Jacob but we are talking about my team. Go online and read the article...not a peep about Les. Players named but not any "boosters". Boosters at every school, every school can be out of control. I say, "Pay the players"! They make so much money for the university, and yes they do have the scholarship, but, cash is all around them. If it wasn't for the Swimsuit Issue, SI would be non existent their circulation is that poor. They are desperate for a story. Nothing will come of this, just SI trying to get some attention in a non-swimsuit edition.
    You sound like an Aggie Franco. lol
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    You sound like an Aggie Franco. lol
    I've been following the story today. This is the one line in the story that involves Miles; Player, "Coach, I don't have any transportation". Coach Miles, "I'll see what is available".

That's it! Not, we have cars available for players or see this alum, he'll supply you with wheels. Heck, Les might have had the campus bus in mind.

Tim, when was the last time you purchased a SI mgaizine that didn't have a girl wearing a tiny bikini on the cover? I thought so. When was the last time you have gone to thier website other than to look at the girls in tiny bikini videos? I thought so. SI just isn't what it was 25-30 years ago. ESPN has killed them financially and with readership/viewers.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-10-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    Mr. Hawkes, I made it clear, prior to the beginning of the season, that the Oregon Ducks are the cream of the crop. My statement reflects the simple fact that the SEC is getting wacked when they play out of conference. Tally it up buster. The SEC is a media darling, period. Watch Tennessee this weekend. You will see a dismantling and ill bet you a dollar to a doughnut that they end up at the least, in the middle of the SEC pack. A joke.
    Well, you might have made a statement, but that doesn't hold much water. I can say I'm a billionaire, but my account will not reflect that. Let me break this down for you. Oregon won't even win The PAC 10/12/14/16/whatever they are calling it today. I'm certain it'll be something different tomm. Did you watch the games @ all???? Do you know what the word you used implies???? It doesn't appear that you do. In any event, The SEC is The Conference & nothing you left coasters can say to debunk that simple fact, will do that. Let me see here, UT will finish no better than 4th in their division. They would be no better than 6th in The West. So if they lose big, which most predict they will, that will prove nothing. Oregon has proven that their gimmick offense doesn't win big games. Soooo, spin away. I'll be here the rest of the day.
    Last edited by Jacob Hawkes; 09-11-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    So Jacob will LSU be looking for a new coach after the OSU implications of paying players when Smiles was there?
    No need to hire a new coach. There's not a smoking gun. Slingblade, despite his asinine game time decisions, actually runs a good program. Is he my choice? No. He's one of 2 people who has what it takes to win a championship & never lose their mind or a ton of games. Urban Legend couldn't deal with The SEC year after year. St. Nick hasn't proven that he can. He's probably looking for a rebuilding gig. So I'll take him. He hires excellent assistant coaches & usually does a good job with coordinators.

Tim, Who do you root for?
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

He's an Arkie fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm obviously not Jacob but we are talking about my team. Go online and read the article...not a peep about Les. Players named but not any "boosters". Boosters at every school, every school can be out of control. I say, "Pay the players"! They make so much money for the university, and yes they do have the scholarship, but, cash is all around them. If it wasn't for the Swimsuit Issue, SI would be non existent their circulation is that poor. They are desperate for a story. Nothing will come of this, just SI trying to get some attention in a non-swimsuit edition.
    Part 1 of 5, that's all I'm saying at this point.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

"Fields disputed the credibility of the players quoted in the story. Five of those players were dismissed from Oklahoma State for various reasons."Anyone that played at OSU or is from Stillwater knows those guys [quoted] are not credible," Fields told McMurphy. "If you thought guys were getting paid, why not prominent players instead of backups and third-string guys?"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-les-miles-era
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Tim, Who do you root for?
    Honesty and integrity something that is totally lacking from the suits at the ncaa, to the suits at the university collegiate level, to the coaches on the sidelines, to the players on the field. Step into the real world Wayne they are all corrupt. Wake up America. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    He's an Arkie fan.
    lol had a friend/family member play bball for Arkie doesn't make me a fan. I don't ever ride a Harley.