The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 27 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I am tired of all the distractions this week. Seriously, let the college kids get paid. The NCAA, the conferences, & the individual schools are like a bunch of damn pimps.
    What about drug use? No one is going to be able to stop it, should we condone it like Leslie did with the Hemp Badger?
    Last edited by mngundog; 09-12-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    Thats the truth. It would be hard for the powers that be set up ways to pay the players with out someone else getting their panties in a wad. One thing is for sure, they will never cut out the ole $1000 dollar hand shakes that go on between agents,boosters or some casual person that wants to give money or a discount to a player. No matter how much the Colleges educate the players about dealing with agents and the hows and how nots. There will always be shady play in every institution with a number of agents and players. Pay the players x amount per year and the agents will still swarm them like sharks so they can get there cut when they enter the draft. It'll always go on. The ncaa needs to adopt the moto ''If you cant beat em, join em''

There will definately not be any excuses if Bama was to lose. If we get beat, we get beat. But i have a feeling Bama will be on their A game for this one and come out victorious.
    I say, give them $10K a year & pay for their school fees & housing. Give them something to help out. Even then I think that's probably too low for what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    What about drug use? No one is going to be able to stop it, should we condone it like Leslie did with the Hemp Badger?
    Who said anything about that?? We are talking about compensation here.

Who said anything about that?? We are talking about compensation here.
    Since it headline news at SI and ESPN that players were getting payed, "Drugs were everywhere," and positive tests were ignored, I thought it was completely relevant to the conversation. Should we just let them do all the drugs they want and get payed also, since it can't be stopped? Doesn't a college program the frowns on drug use have a disadvantage in recruiting against teams like LSU and OSU where it is a non-issue?

Honey Badger was kicked off of the team for using MJ. Then, what about teams from Washington and Colorado where it is legal? If colleges from those two states get a pass, then you can bet most of the top recruits are going to want to play there. In regards to the compensation, the rules are antiquated and unrealistic.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-12-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

If Alabama's '12 National Champion titled is stripped away, who becomes the Nat. Champ? Is it the only team that beat them? Aggies for '12 National Champs! LOL!
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

I say, give them $10K a year & pay for their school fees & housing. Give them something to help out. Even then I think that's probably too low for what they do.
    Do football players deserve more than the girl who gets up works her butt off to compete in swimming? It is not supposed to be about MONEY it is supposed to be about the 100k education, meals, housing, and a level playing field Jacob. Sad thing is it isn't the kids fault. It is the fault of the suits that not only condone cheating but encourage it, for MONEY.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

the Okie State story just gets worse and worse, will wait to read all five installments, something tells me it goes all the way to T.Boone himself
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the Okie State story just gets worse and worse, will wait to read all five installments, something tells me it goes all the way to T.Boone himself
    I don't know if it is true. I don't know if it is not true. I only know that it mirrors what has become of amateur sports. There is no longer an
    amateur sport.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I don't know if it is true. I don't know if it is not true. I only know that it mirrors what has become of amateur sports. There is no longer an amateur sport.
    In other late-breaking news, dogs are now known to use their mouths to retrieve and it's been discovered that our solar system includes the Earth.

MG