The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 40 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I am very familiar with following the money..I live in Las Vegas
    So you know what "Follow the money, and the money follows you into the SEC" means, then?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Mackovic was the long time OC for the Dallas Cowboys,and got a good recommendation from his boss, UT alumnist Tom Landry..Mack Brown was an assistant coach at Oklahoma,and his brother was the coach at Rice
    In today's times, those are about as tenuous as Mike Price's "Alabama connection" being the stripper who cooed "Roll Tide!" to which he replied "It's rolling, baby!..." - thus so, er, severing that connection that he was fired before he ever coached a game at 'Bama. Come to think of it, Price has a Tejas connection too - with the vaunted UTEP Miners. Maybe you could exploit it by sending him some Amy's Ice Cream to entice him come to Austin. If he likes sweet nothings for "connecting," he's got probably a sweet tooth connection too.

Betcha Jerry Jones is giving a lot more thought to Johnny Football at quarterback for the 'Boys who wear the star than to getting a coach who spurned the NFL back into the league.

MG

And once again, in spite of all that Texas money, he is still coaching at Alabama. I'm sure they were not even close to the only ones to inquire.

It is obvious that, like every other former coach, at some point he will no longer be here. Just like at some point Miles will no longer be at LSU.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post

Texas has prostituted itself out with attorney Joe Jamail, by accepting his donations and plastering his name all over DKR Stadium..between him Red McCombs, and Jim Bob Moffat, there isnt a move made on the 40 Acres that doesnt have their approval
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

It's pretty clear this story broke out today, a few days after another embarrasing loss by UT, to put pressure on ole Mack to step aside. If it was for any other reason it would of broke 9 months ago when these "conversations" went on.
    To me, I wouldn't understand why Saban would leave Bama for another college job. Even if it was for 2 million more a year. He has it made where he is at and has a dynasty going on like no other in recent CFB history and it could very well just be in the middle of it. Would he really better him self by going to Texas?Would he be able to win more than he already is? Being 62 yr old does he want to have to rebuild another top tier program? With Saban already being well compensated and having no financial issues to worry about and If UT could pay more money, would the extra 2 million or so a year overcome all the happiness and control he has at this point?
    HRCH DRAKE

One other intangible in the UT situation is that since it is a state university, the salary of the head coach must be approved by the Board of Regents, along with an endorsement by the Governor of the State...and last time I checked he was an Aggie thru and thru

Just saw Melissa Stark on the NFL Network....was always wondering what happened to her
    Last edited by BonMallari; 09-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think Gov Perry would endorse Kiffin.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Saban on the Texas rumor this evening on his coaches show, Mentions other rumors of the past two years about NFL jobs, and says, "Quite frankly, I'm just too damn old to start all over some place else." lol

Ya'll watching this NC St/ Clemson game. Think Clemson pulls a typical clemson and drops this game? NC state up 7-6 early in 2nd. Lot of game left for anything to happen
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    Saban on the Texas rumor this evening on his coaches show, Mentions other rumors of the past two years about NFL jobs, and says, "Quite frankly, I'm just too damn old to start all over some place else." lol

Ya'll watching this NC St/ Clemson game. Think Clemson pulls a typical clemson and drops this game? NC state up 7-6 early in 2nd. Lot of game left for anything to happen
    I think Clemson will pull it out. They're not quite playing like they did against UGA but then again I don't think the upper 1/3rd of the ACC is like the ACC of the past few years. Bottom line NCST is a decent team and is tough at home.

I see where Arian Foster admitted today that he received money on the side while at Tennessee...must be what, "Follow the money to the SEC is all about"