The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 52 of 226 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

starting safety for Alabama Ha Ha Clinton Dix suspended for violating team rules...was projected as the top safety in the NFL draft
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    starting safety for Alabama Ha Ha Clinton Dix suspended for violating team rules...was projected as the top safety in the NFL draft
    Good thing we play Georgia State this weekend. And we can replace him with Landon Collins, a former 5-star recruit.

In all seriousness, it's certainly not good when one of your upperclassmen is getting suspended for any reason. They are supposed to be the ones keeping the knucklehead underclassmen out of trouble.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by Ducks and Dogs SC View Post
    We heard the same thing last year about the Irish. Whether it be the Tide, Bayou Bengals, Aggies, or Dawgs, the Buckeyes would have their hands full! How many ranked teams have the Buckeyes played this year? Georgia has played 3 top 10 teams, won 2 and lost by 3 points on the road to Clemson.
    Ducks and dogs: the problem is that two of the three ranked teams are SEC teams tat were ordained even before the season began. Their one loss was to a non SEC team: Clemson. For that matter, how many decent non-conference teams have the SEC played this year? I can think of two--Clemson and Miami. That should tell you something about the quality of the SEC.
    Last Saturday, thr receivers were wide open. The fact is both defenses suck.
    Finally, last year, everyone knew that the Irish really sucked. Almost every victory was eked out at the last moment. Their entry in the national championships is a product of a failed system that ranks so many SEC Teams so high

Aggies have a bye week so I can relax.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    Finally, last year, everyone knew that the Irish really sucked. Almost every victory was eked out at the last moment. Their entry in the national championships is a product of a failed system that ranks so many SEC Teams so high
    i am so pleased this has been clarified for the college football world. i didn' know the irish were an sec team? here i was thinking the irish "got in" the national championship game by scoring more points in four quarters of a football game than everyone they played on their "tough" independent schedule including stanford. a team oregon couldn't out score in four quarters and one overtime? please remind us all who on "the ducks" 2013 schedule it is that fields a great football team? who? stanford?......good, not great? who?

as for the "ordinations", remind me who the AP ordained in the preseason of 2012? was it an sec team? nope, the constant, west coast, good God we media members wish someone would beat an sec team, bias, ranked the mighty university of southern california trojans #1 in the pre season of 2012. alabama may not be, in truth and fact the best team in the nation at this particular time.....but they have sure taught the poll voters not to make complete fools of themselves by voting someone else ahead of them!

when the scores are 9 to 6 (lsu beating alabama in 2011) the "offenses are pitiful" or "it's so boring". when the scores are 44 to 41(georgia beeating lsu) or 49 to 42(alabama beating ta&m) no one says the quarterbacks, recievers and running backs are the most significant conference grouping in history, just the "defenses suck".

just one question to help clarify how good sec offenses are this year:

q: what is the most significant accomplishment of the sec's fourth best quarterback?

a: two bcs title wins!!!!!!

"TO BE THE MAN.......YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN! WOOOOOOO!"-Nature Boy Rick Flair kiss the rings and live with it schaffer!
    john mccallie

I couldn't help but notice that you skipped right over the question about OSU's schedule. According to everybody I have heard speak about it, the only real challenge they have all year is Michigan.

I think it's funny that everybody else now complains that the SEC has teams ranked high just because and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It hasn't been that long ago that we all thought if OSU, Michigan, and Notre Dame could fog a mirror they would be in the Top 10. The SEC has won a couple championships lately, on the field, so there is that.

I also wonder how all the folks who are trying to "structure" the new playoff system to make sure 2 SEC teams won't make it will feel when the inevitable down cycle occurs and their rules exclude a deserving Big 10/11/whatever it is now team or God forbid Notre Dame.
    Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    Ducks and dogs: the problem is that two of the three ranked teams are SEC teams tat were ordained even before the season began. Their one loss was to a non SEC team: Clemson. For that matter, how many decent non-conference teams have the SEC played this year? I can think of two--Clemson and Miami. That should tell you something about the quality of the SEC.
    Steve Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    when the scores are 9 to 6 (lsu beating alabama in 2011) the "offenses are pitiful" or "it's so boring". when the scores are 44 to 41(georgia beeating lsu) or 49 to 42(alabama beating ta&m) no one says the quarterbacks, recievers and running backs are the most significant conference grouping in history, just the "defenses suck".:
    Great point John. If either of these scores had involved Oregon (not to pick on them) we would have been hearing about what an epic game it was, how the HUNH offense was revolutionizing college football (by basically running a single wing offense fast), and how Mariota had vaulted himself into the Heisman lead with such an explosive performance.
    Steve Wyatt

Someone, remind me which Conference has dominated the first two rounds of the NFL Draft over the last 15 years And, how many D players were drafted from LSU, UGA and Bama in the last NFL Draft?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Someone, remind me which Conference has dominated the first two rounds of the NFL Draft over the last 15 years And, how many D players were drafted from LSU, UGA and Bama in the last NFL Draft?
    If we are talking about NFL players, the active list is:
    1. USC
    2. LSU
    3 Miami
    Last edited by mngundog; 10-03-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    If we are talking about NFL players, the active list is:
    1. USC
    2. LSU
    3 Miami
    I'm talking Conferences over the last 15 years in the first two rounds and not schools. I posted a link to that in last year's College Football thread and there wasn't a Conference close to the SEC. In regards to schools, I believe Tennessee was number one as they had a ton of players drafted from 1998-2003.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.