The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 62 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post
    Seriously???????????????

Your talking about a Georgia team that was without six starters due to injury. You take out two of the best backs in the country, the top three recievers on the team, and a starting safety on a young defense and let me see where ANY team is. That said, turnovers, not injuries got the Dawgs whipped Saturday.
    I don't remember---don't have the best of memories---but, other than Miami and Clemson, has an SEC team played any team this year that was ranked at the time they played?

If my memory is correct, then what does this say about the power of the vaunted SEC? Particularly when Florida State will expose Clemson tomorrow to be a mere second tier team, only elevated so high because they defeated Georgia, a team that was perpetuating the myth that the SEC is this super strong conference.

Really? You're basing your stance on the old belief that since one team (Clemson) beat another (Georgia) and that team (Clemson) then gets beat by someone else (Florida State) then by default they (Florida State) must be superior to the team that got beat (Georgia) by the team (Clemson) they (Florida State) beat. Or as you put it a whole conference!!! Are you serious? When was the last time Florida State, Clemson, Stanford, Oregon (never), Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Texas, etc. was even relevant in crowning the best in college football? Let me answer the question for you...about 6 times in the last 20 years. For the record I tried to make this sound as ridiculous as possible to match your comment about the SEC. As far as an SEC school playing a ranked opponent you may want to check the Top 25. It's made up of a bunch of SEC schools that play each other almost on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by coachmo; 10-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    I don't remember---don't have the best of memories---but, other than Miami and Clemson, has an SEC team played any team this year that was ranked at the time they played?
    Georgia has played four teams that are ranked in the top 25, and will play at least two more?

How many teams has YOUR team played that are ranked in the top 25?

My memory isn't that good either. Just who is your team again. All I ever hear you do is bash the SEC.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

coach,
    schaeffer is unwilling to verbalize it, but by making these leaps of who beat who logic he confirms for us all that in his heart of hearts he believes that notre dame was a better team than stanford last season. schaeffer logic: if notre dame beat stanford and stanford beat oregon, then notre dame was better than oregon!

btw oregoon has played a ranked team, washington. washington will lose again tomorrow making three in a row. they will also lose to ucla. they will be bowl eligible at the season's end because of a weak schedule. but by tomorrow night they are exposed for the fraud they were built up to be by the west coast biased media in an attempt to give some measure of credibility to any win by the ducks!
    john mccallie

Roseberry : please post your predictions for the weekend games so I can place my bets accordingly
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

in an upset, central florida over louisville by 3.
    sc beats the vols by 14.
    ducks win by 52 over another big opponent.
    ucla beats stanford by 3. this 2nd loss exposes stanford's weakness.....too many white boys!
    notre dame beats the trojans by 10 in the "i am only watching because i love the turtle neck, cable knit sweaters of the usc cheerleaders bowl".
    lsu beats ole miss by 13 after ole miss has a big rushing first half.
    alabama takes a knee and beats the razorbacks by 12.
    florida beats mizzou by 3. mizzou can't get it done without franklin.
    the aggies sell out, stack the box on defense trying to force auburn to beat them passing. the "booger eaters" still rush for 275 on them. texas a&m wins by 10.
    in the biggie of the week, winston finally plays quarterback like a freshman. clemson wins by 3 on the last posession.

bon,
    if you can't win in vegas by betting against that.........
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Really? You're basing your stance on the old belief that since one team (Clemson) beat another (Georgia) and that team (Clemson) then gets beat by someone else (Florida State) then by default they (Florida State) must be superior to the team that got beat (Georgia) by the team (Clemson) they (Florida State) beat. Or as you put it a whole conference!!! Are you serious? When was the last time Florida State, Clemson, Stanford, Oregon (never), Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Texas, etc. was even relevant in crowning the best in college football? Let me answer the question for you...about 6 times in the last 20 years. For the record I tried to make this sound as ridiculous as possible to match your comment about the SEC. As far as an SEC school playing a ranked opponent you may want to check the Top 25. It's made up of a bunch of SEC schools that play each other almost on a weekly basis.
    I sorry partner, but you clearly miss my point. For your benefit, I will spell C A T for you: The sporting press has anointed the SEC as the premier conference in college football. This is primarily based upon pre-season rankings. The SEC teams play primarily marshmallows out of conference and get the resultant victory. Ergo, those teams maintain their high rankings. When they finally start playing in conference, it is a circle jerk where they rotate positions in the top twenty-five. I understand that it is not of earth shaking significance, but it is an system that is unfairly applied. Why for example is Florida State ranked below Alabama or LSU--teams that they are better than?

I guess us in other regions of the country get tired of the constant chest beating from SEC supporters. If they think they are so great, play some tough non-conference games.

You can ramble on all you want, but the fact remains, SEC teams have played two non-conference ranked teams at the time . .and lost both of them. (And these losses were by two of your darlings: Georgia (before their so-called injury problems and after bitch slapping South Carolina,another little darling) and Florida. So you can pound the table all you want, but you can't offer one piece of evidence that the SEC is that great of conference this year. The evidence just isn't there. Sorry Bubba

We shoot dogs with a Canon

Hey schaeffer I don't need you to spell anything out! I'll stick to what I posted which is based on facts. You can try all you like but look back over the last 20 years the championships don't lie! Explain who exactly has Florida State played so far this year? I'll let you think about that one. Your argument is kinda, sorta stupid since Florida State is ranked ahead of LSU and since Alabama is the defending champs then maybe they should be ranked ahead of the Seminoles. Or should we all just agree with you since you think they're better? Get a grip! One more thing Enstein, I'm not a fan of Georgia or Florida!
    Last edited by coachmo; 10-18-2013 at 10:37 PM.