So the U (Miami 'Canes) got what amounts to a hand slap after all the allegations, if there was ever a program that lacked institutional control it was Convict U
The Cajuns just wrapped up a win against A. State.
The interesting point of the game? Their two longest drives, didn't produce points.
But having the lead, it worked out nice keeping the other offense off the field.
The main reason they sustained their drives; 12/21 on third down.
Cajuns 'D' also held A. State in check.
Louisiana-Lafayette Drive Summaries START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT 12:34 1 03:04 ARST 50 8 31 Field Goal Good 07:30 1 06:19 ULL 25 12 77 Rushing Touchdown 13:17 2 02:33 ULL 14 6 86 Rushing Touchdown 09:25 2 03:45 ULL 18 6 14 Interception 03:39 2 01:19 ULL 25 3 6 Punt 01:04 2 01:04 ULL 32 8 47 End of Half 15:00 3 08:03 ULL 16 14 73 Field Goal Missed 05:23 3 05:20 ULL 16 11 71 Field Goal Good 12:55 4 01:57 ULL 19 3 9 Punt 08:54 4 08:54 ULL 12 17 70 End of Half
Yes you're seeing that correctly.
ULL held the ball for the last 9 minutes of the game. PWNED!
Team Stat Comparison
ULL ARST 1st Downs 26 10 3rd down efficiency 12-21 5-12 4th down efficiency 1-1 0-1 Total Yards 470 168 Passing 205 89 Comp-Att 18-28 11-21 Yards per pass 7.3 4.2 Rushing 265 79 Rushing Attempts 58 25 Yards per rush 4.6 3.2 Penalties 4-30 4-44 Turnovers 1 1 Fumbles lost 0 0 Interceptions thrown 1 1 Possession 42:18 17:42
Last edited by Dustin D; 10-22-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Andrew Toney just hit you with a spot foul for nickname negligence: Leaving out the Ragin' in (front of) Cajuns.
After a 40 year draught of no bowl games, looks like the Ragin Cajuns will make it three in a row under third year HC Hudspeth. I'd be shocked if they didn't play Tulane in the New Orleans Bowl. The New Orleans Chamber of Commerce is pulling for them since they have brought an average of 40,000 fans to each of the bowl game the last two years. Tulane HC Curtis Johnson (WR Coach under Sean Payton and N O native) is building a solid program, getting a new on campus stadium and the team is led by some kid with the last name of Montana whose dad's name is Joe.
Maybe a more interesting bowl game would be the Ragin Cajuns vs the Oregon Ducks since they both beat Nichols State by 63 points
Last edited by Franco; 10-23-2013 at 07:14 AM.
I am tired of letting Republicans and Tea Party supporters co-opt the term "conservative". Republicans are not conservatives... they are radical fundamentalists and we should be referring to them as such....Libertarian blogger
YES! YES! YES! Please pump up the HYPE! Keep it going for the next 2½ months!
Can't wait to start hearing "Oregon, the Team no one wants to play" ...ewww*shivers* scary!
I love it! Crank up the HYPE!
In all fairness to Roseberry (John Mc) I thought it was my turn to take first shot at CFB prognostications
Disclaimer : these are for entertainment purposes only,and my season record against the spread is about 52%...it usually consists of betting one $10 parlay card per week so I have some interest to talk with my guests who want to know what the line is for different games..I am by no means a professional handicapper but I did go 9-1 two weeks ago all on CFB
1. Texas + 3 at TCU; wont bet against my Horns
2. Utah + 6.5 at USC: I will take the Utes plus the points maybe even straight up on the money line to beat the Trojans
3. Texas A&M - 17 vs Vandy : JF plays a half and Vandy back door covers
4. UCLA + 24 vs Oregon: the line opened at 17.5 and jumped all the way up to the current number, wont touch the game
5. Alabama -28 vs Tenn: the number will be in doubt till the end..will take Bama to cover on a meaningless pick six at the end of the game
6. Oklahoma -7 vs Texas Tech: I will watch this game...Oklahoma at home to cover
7. LSU -47 vs Furman : Furman the school that produced Hall of Fame golfer Beth Daniel, and LSU fans make fun of Bama's schedule
8. Baylor - 35 vs Kansas: Baylor the best team you havent seen all year will hang 60 on Charlie Weis and Kansas,they may however give up 20
9. Missouri -2 vs SoCarolina: if Shaw doesnt play the Gamecocks go down
10. Nevada - 6.5 vs UNLV : UNLV stinks and should get run out of the stadium but its a big in state rivalry game...dont care either way
there you go John...have at it...if you bet that card I know where I can sell you an island in the Sonoran desert
Shaw is tough, but if you want to be a running back, play running back. The backup is a way better passer and always has been. He just hasn't been on the field much this year.
what you say sounds good except:
i like the longhorns that beat oklahoma to beat tcu. the longhorns that lost to ol' miss....not so much. which ones show up? i say longhorns win by 3.
alabama wins by 2.8......not 28. take the vols people!
gamecocks win by 6. i wouldn't want to ruin a perfect record of underestimating mizzou 7 week in a row!!!!!
baylor may need a third digit on the scoreboard!!!!!
good luck to all!!!!!!!