The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 75 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

  1. #741
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    How many LSU fans does it take to change a light bulb?
    hnt and metal,

    take it easy on my friends from bayou country. i don't think dustin was the one who brought up the closeness of the game he provided play by play on.....was he?

    the thing you need to remember is that miles and saban sent coach meyer away needing to "spend more time with his family". taking him at his own word and admiring him for his decision, it becomes evident to the rest of the country that the big 10 must be weak. meyer himself has made the big 10 where an sec coach goes to post a record of 20 and 0......and still be afforded plenty of time with his family!
    john mccallie

  2. #742
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    I didn't bring it up, I just delivered my opinion on the comment.

    So let's see, you can't have an opinion unless you wager money and now you can't talk about the past?

    You guys got some hidden rules I don't know about?
    Is there a time limit on when football talk becomes irrelevant, like no further back than 12 months from the current date or something?
    ..... sounds to me like you guys got some pinned up anger issues ... sort of like your favorite team got an azz whoopin and you still haven't got over it or something....

  3. #743
    Senior Member metalone67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Dustin, you talk about LSU this year like they are the best team on the field. All you have is the past.
    At least we can say we didn't get beaten like a red headed step child by a no name team.

    I'll be the first OSU fan to say that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat Bama any time soon. Thank God for Big 10 coach to save them. LOL
    The foundation to a great retriever is obedience.
    Firestorms Full Throttle Chevy aka Callie-Roo 7/5/2007 - 10/25/2013 I miss you every day
    Proud owner of Kona's Surfer Girl, aka Loki.

  4. #744
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    hnt and metal,

    take it easy on my friends from bayou country. i don't think dustin was the one who brought up the closeness of the game he provided play by play on.....was he?

    the thing you need to remember is that miles and saban sent coach meyer away needing to "spend more time with his family". taking him at his own word and admiring him for his decision, it becomes evident to the rest of the country that the big 10 must be weak. meyer himself has made the big 10 where an sec coach goes to post a record of 20 and 0......and still be afforded plenty of time with his family!
    Meyer is an Ohio son. Spin it how you like but the Big 10 doesn't appear to be the math equation.


    Ohio State's 12-0 record was the second undefeated season for Meyer, who also went 12-0 at Utah in 2004;
    In his 11 seasons as a head coach, Meyer has the 10th-best winning percentage (.835) in college football history, and second-best among current coaches, with a 116-23 record;
    He has won two national championships;
    He has won 13 games three times, the first to accomplish the feat, in addition to his two 12-win seasons;
    He is the only active coach - and one of only nine all time - to have two winning streaks of at least 20 games (22 at Florida and 20 with Utah/Florida), and he has five winning streaks of 10-or-more games;
    He won more games his first 10 years - 104 - than all but two coaches in college football history; and
    He reached 100 wins faster than all but one coach in the last 55 years - Bud Wilkinson - and faster than all but five coaches all-time.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  5. #745
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    Dustin, you talk about LSU this year like they are the best team on the field.
    Please sir, I beg you, to show me where I said any such thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    All you have is the past.
    Should I be talking about Future Games/Championships that I don't yet know about and obviously haven't happen yet?

    Weird...

    Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    At least we can say we didn't get beaten like a red headed step child by a no name team.
    Please tell me you're not talking about the past? b/c that's all I have right? and that's taboo I thought.

    But if you are referring to the Ole'Miss game, I do find that incredibly interesting and complex.
    Complex b/c here we now have another Ohio St fan saying that a loss in which the losing team tossed two critical interceptions in the RedZone and the EndZone and had a muffed punt, came back and tied the game and then lost by a Field Goal as Time expired.

    THAT you'd consider getting beat like a red-headed step child......
    .......but losing 38-17 with 1:42 left to play in the National Championship is NOT?

    Interesting you Ohioans are.

  6. #746
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    I think LSU is a good team. But perhaps not good enough to be casting stones this year on the unbeaten ones.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  7. #747
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    I think LSU is a good team.
    But perhaps not good enough to be casting stones this year on the unbeaten ones.

    I get your point sir, but in the end, I'm just talking football facts.
    It has nothing to do with what team I pull for as a fan.


    On LSU, yes I think they're good too, but they are clearly young. I mentioned during the draft that LSU fans should be happy to go 8-4 in 2013.
    The beginning of the season had us thinking differently with Zach looking a lot better and Odell and Landry. Reality set in as the season got gritty and now we’re back thinking what we were in the summer. 8-4.

    I seriously do not THINK LSU overcomes Bama. Not unless there is some form of Melt-Down with McCarron.(Not likely)
    That's not to say I don't think they can beat Bama, just not straight up with no mistakes, not without some Bama help.

    But NO ONE thought Ole'Miss would beat LSU. But they didn't take a Zach M. melt-down into affect either.
    Thus Ole' Miss won the game b/c they kept themselves in it to win. They (were) the best team on the field that day)

    But like always, College Football is one of the most volatile and unpredictable sports. You just never freaking know!

    I'm a realist, a humble fan. My post above are not tied to anything to do with 2013 LSU.

    I posted in context of the game mentioned. 2007 Ship Game.

    2013 LSU? I'm taking it one game at a time......that's what kind of team they are this year.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 10-29-2013 at 10:13 AM.

  8. #748
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I get your point sir, but in the end, I'm just talking football facts.
    It has nothing to do with what team I pull for as a fan.


    On LSU, yes I think they're good too, but they are clearly young. I mentioned during the draft that LSU fans should be happy to go 8-4 in 2013.
    The beginning of the season had us thinking differently with Zach looking a lot better and Odell and Landry. Reality set in as the season got gritty and now we’re back thinking what we were in the summer. 8-4.

    I seriously do not THINK LSU overcomes Bama. Not unless there is some form of Melt-Down with McCarron.(Not likely)
    That's not to say I don't think they can beat Bama, just not straight up with no mistakes, not without some Bama help.

    But NO ONE thought Ole'Miss would beat LSU. But they didn't take a Zach M. melt-down into affect either.
    Thus Ole' Miss won the game b/c they kept themselves in it to win. They (were) the best team on the field that day)

    But like always, College Football is one of the most volatile and unpredictable sports. You just never freaking know!

    I'm a realist, a humble fan. My post above are not tied to anything to do with 2013 LSU.

    I posted in context of the game mentioned. 2007 Ship Game.

    2013 LSU? I'm taking it one game at a time......that's what kind of team they are this year.
    I agree with most stated. It's along the same vein as reality in the Big 10 or current year teams. Fluffing off the Buckeyes just because of conference would be foolish. Believing they might not have a bad day is foolish too.

    Actually a Buckeye team of a few years ago WITH Meyer driving the bus was a more likely National Team. Tres had his limits.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  9. #749
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    I agree with most stated. It's along the same vein as reality in the Big 10 or current year teams. Fluffing off the Buckeyes just because of conference would be foolish. Believing they might not have a bad day is foolish too.

    Actually a Buckeye team of a few years ago WITH Meyer driving the bus was a more likely National Team. Tres had his limits.

    I think the Buckeyes win out this year and beat Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

    I do not think Fl. St wins out. If they fall, you're one upset away from being #2.

    Heck if Florida St falls this weekend, ALL you Buckeyes might be wearing Purple and Gold for next weekend! ROFL!

  10. #750
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    ...but imagine this for a moment...
    Sugar Bowl: No. 1 Alabama vs No. 4 Ohio State
    Rose Bowl: No. 2 Oregon vs No. 3 Florida State



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •