The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 76 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I get your point sir, but in the end, I'm just talking football facts.
    It has nothing to do with what team I pull for as a fan.

On LSU, yes I think they're good too, but they are clearly young. I mentioned during the draft that LSU fans should be happy to go 8-4 in 2013.
    The beginning of the season had us thinking differently with Zach looking a lot better and Odell and Landry. Reality set in as the season got gritty and now we’re back thinking what we were in the summer. 8-4.

I seriously do not THINK LSU overcomes Bama. Not unless there is some form of Melt-Down with McCarron.(Not likely)
    That's not to say I don't think they can beat Bama, just not straight up with no mistakes, not without some Bama help.

But NO ONE thought Ole'Miss would beat LSU. But they didn't take a Zach M. melt-down into affect either.
    Thus Ole' Miss won the game b/c they kept themselves in it to win. They (were) the best team on the field that day)

But like always, College Football is one of the most volatile and unpredictable sports. You just never freaking know!

I'm a realist, a humble fan. My post above are not tied to anything to do with 2013 LSU.

I posted in context of the game mentioned. 2007 Ship Game.

2013 LSU? I'm taking it one game at a time......that's what kind of team they are this year.
    Keep it mind that they had already taken an loss to Georgia a team that wasn't that good, I bet all the Ole Miss fans knew they would beat LSU, homers have that kind of faith in their team.
    Last edited by mngundog; 10-29-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I think the Buckeyes win out this year and beat Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

I do not think Fl. St wins out. If they fall, you're one upset away from being #2.

Heck if Florida St falls this weekend, ALL you Buckeyes might be wearing Purple and Gold for next weekend! ROFL!
    Amen. I don't 'hate' any teams. Whatever moves us a long is fine with me.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

dont forget an undefeated Big 12 champion Baylor mucking up the picture, their strength of schedule will only get better if they run the table vs Tech>OU>Texas
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    dont forget an undefeated Big 12 champion Baylor mucking up the picture, their strength of schedule will only get better if they run the table vs Tech>OU>Texas
    Pot Stirrer!
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

This is bad but outside the few teams I like I always go for the team that will screw up the BCS as much as possible. I hate the NCAA and love to see them look stupid. I am all in for having 4 undefeated teams.

SOS just doesn't work with Big 12, it's a non sequitur along the lines of driving an amphibious Edsel. I mean, have Rice and SMU applied for reentry? Only thing Baylor's run is good for is making Tejas' pigskin pardners (BOT) ponder giving the head coach's job to Art Briles over Le Smiles.

Now that they are getting into the meat of their schedule it'll get interesting.

The only team they played so far that had a defense worth mentioning cut their normal offensive stats by 50%. (K. State)

OU is sporting a good Defense in the Big 12 right now too and so is Texas(Well beginning to. Lord knows they have the Talent)
    Problem I see, is that their defense is good enough to slow Baylor down,
    but their offense might not be good enough to keep up. that was K. States problem too.

The Big 12, Pac 12 and SEC all have some interesting weeks coming up in College Football.

It's NOVEMBER MADNESS!
    Last edited by Dustin D; 10-29-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    Dustin, you talk about LSU this year like they are the best team on the field. All you have is the past.
    At least we can say we didn't get beaten like a red headed step child by a no name team.

I'll be the first OSU fan to say that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat Bama any time soon. Thank God for Big 10 coach to save them. LOL
    They are the best team on the field every time they win. Not so much when they lose
    Bill Davis

There are 8 undefeated teams left...will be down to 7 after the FSU/Miami game this weekend...Fresno State and N.Illinois may finish unbeaten and may get an at large bowl bid....so that leaves 5...of those POTENTIAL unbeatens, Baylor does not have to play in a conference championship, whereas FSU,Bama,Oregon, Ohio St would all have to fend off one last challenge with a BCS bowl on the line...and then there will inevitably be an argument if one of those loses in their conference championship game by a squeaker, but I hope we get two undefeated teams playing for it all
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Are ya'll finished with your cum ba ya moment and group hug? Good! SEC, ain't no Conference that has the horses like we do!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org