The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 78 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Once again you have shown the power of the Internet to advertise to the whole world that your mouth (or in this case, your fingers) have a tendency to operate prior to... And more often than your brain. You are the one who chose to introduce yourself to this forum by insulting just about anyone and everyone. Sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

I don't agree with everyone you attack here. But they were here long before you and generally know when to say when.
    Like when to put people on the ignore list? Checked in a couple weeks ago and saw all the flak about him and his post so I just added him to the ignore list immediately. The only time I see his post now are when you guys quote him....and what I see is that it was the right decision. Pure Troll Account used to just flame and stir shit.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Once again you have shown the power of the Internet to advertise to the whole world that your mouth (or in this case, your fingers) have a tendency to operate prior to... And more often than your brain. You are the one who chose to introduce yourself to this forum by insulting just about anyone and everyone. Sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

I don't agree with everyone you attack here. But they were here long before you and generally know when to say when.
    That's good for a chuckle on this frosty morning in the Pac NW - & why I put no one on ignore - though many of us disagree we try not to confirm our lack of knowledge on any subject by posting on a thread we know little about .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

As much as I hate to admit. I watched the Crimson Tide on Saturday and they looked scary big, strong and fast

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

the last time O(bnoxious)State U played in the Championship game I remember all the sports casters in at least Cincinnati sure shut up bout how great the buckeyes were.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    As much as I hate to admit. I watched the Crimson Tide on Saturday and they looked scary big, strong and fast
    On any given Saturday that's a common occurrence among the elite. Not everyone has the depth to look that way all season long. But I guess that's why some play powerhouses like Georgia State midseason to stay healthy.

The Sam Janklovich method of keeping your ratings up .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    On any given Saturday that's a common occurrence among the elite. Not everyone has the depth to look that way all season long. But I guess that's why some play powerhouses like Georgia State midseason to stay healthy.

The Sam Janklovich method of keeping your ratings up .
    ....but yet they still have a higher SOS than Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    the last time O(bnoxious)State U played in the Championship game I remember all the sports casters in at least Cincinnati sure shut up bout how great the buckeyes were.
    You think it's obnoxious down there you should live in Cbus!! But let's not confuse show business with football. Like we've seen here, many a listener will dial in for what they want to hear. Cause when heard, it can then be believed.

This year the word has been a bit more realistic. I suspect on the heels of BCS changes next year. Heck - commentators were airing on the side of caution with Penn State given a fine freshman QB and a couple good receivers. As it turns out 63-14 was enough to win the game.

The difference for the Bucks is Meyer. He don't walk on water but Tressel played not to lose. It ain't that way now.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    ....but yet they still have a higher SOS than Oregon.
    & as it's been some time back, Boise State started the year ranked in the top 10 ????????????????? SOS is an opinion, if it weren't Notre Dame would be an afterthought. The Ducks are not a bad team, how good, the schedule will decide, as it should. They have some teams on their schedule that also know how to play.

Marvin S

[QUOTE=Marvin S;1158716]On any given Saturday that's a common occurrence among the elite. Not everyone has the depth to look that way all season long. But I guess that's why some play powerhouses like Georgia State midseason to stay healthy.

i said that Alabama look tough--that's all. If one could ever call a team cowardly--Alabama would be the poster child. They like to thump their chests, but look at their schedule. Invariably if they perceive that they are going to have a tough game they try to get a bye the week before. They travel very short distances.

In spite of all of the chest thumping, the remainder of the SEC pretty much sucks. That's fine, conferences have off years, but the sports media has bought into this notion of this dominant SEC and that's a bunch of bunk.

Its a a bad system where a team is number one after playing little but cupcakes, but simply on their ratings even before a ball has been snapped. To have Alabama ahead of Oregon OSU FSU Baylor is garbage created by the media. Sadly, their supporters buy into the hype.
    The Sam Janklovich method of keeping your ratings up .[l

I will call first thing tomorrow in the morning sorry to keep you waiting hope you understand.

[QUOTE=schaeffer;1158729]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    i said that Alabama look tough--that's all. If one could ever call a team cowardly--Alabama would be the poster child. They like to thump their chests, but look at their schedule. Invariably if they perceive that they are going to have a tough game they try to get a bye the week before. They travel very short distances.
    Once again, Google can be your friend if you let it. Our schedule does line up favorably this year, but most of our fans would say it's about time. Do a little research and you might discover that the sitution has historically been the opposite of what you suggest. In 2010, 6 teams in the SEC had a bye week before playing us (we had one before LSU too, so that one cancels out a bit).

In spite of all of our chest thumping, cupcake scheduling, short traveling, and other shortcomings, we seem to still produce a team that can destroy the #1 or #2 team in the BCS game for 7 years straight - 2010 Auburn excluded. The last 3 for us have been 37-21, 21-0, and 42-14. You'd think if your hypotheses were anywhere close to being correct we'd be getting regularly exposed on the big stage, wouldn't you?
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"