RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#784 ·
Hmm, Both TAMU and LSU have a bye week before they play each other. Coaching will tell.

#786 ·
Well Oregon, Florida St., Ohio St. and Bama all have a steep hill to finish climbing.

We'll know all we need to within 8 days.

Within that time we'll see,
#3 Florida St vs #7 Miami(about to get exposed) tomorrow
#2 Oregon @ #5 Stanford (Thurs. Nov. 7th)
#1 Alabama vs #13 LSU Nov. 9th
#6 Baylor vs #10 Oklahoma (Thurs. Nov. 7th)

Yep...it's November

/...and yes that's two Top 10 Matchups being played on the same night on a Thursday...
...while the NFL game is on....oh wait....it's Redskins vs Vikings, nevermind.....lol

#787 ·
Aggies beat LSU and win SEC Championship.

In women's soccer!

#789 ·
Well with 2:10 left in the 1st Qtr Ohio St is up 28-0 ..... lol

Scoring Summary

FIRST QUARTEROSUPUR
TD14:03Danny Etling pass intercepted by Doran Grant at the Prdue 33, returned for 33 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Drew Basil extra point GOOD.70
TD11:28Braxton Miller pass complete to Jeff Heuerman for 40 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Drew Basil extra point GOOD.Drive info: 2 plays, 49 yds in 0:37140
TD2:37Braxton Miller pass complete to Nick Vannett for 8 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Drew Basil extra point GOOD.Drive info: 6 plays, 62 yds in 1:46210
TD2:10Braxton Miller pass complete to Philly Brown for 2 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Drew Basil extra point GOOD.Drive info: 2 plays, 21 yds in 0:23280

Ohio State Drive Summaries
STARTQTRPOSS.YARDPLAYSYARDSRESULT
12:45100:37OSU 49249Passing Touchdown
08:03102:47OSU 17651Interception
04:23101:46OSU 38662Passing Touchdown
02:33100:23OSU 21221Passing Touchdown

Purdue Drive Summaries
STARTQTRPOSS.YARDPLAYSYARDSRESULT
15:00100:57PUR 1825Interception
14:03101:58PUR 2539Punt
11:28103:25PUR 25730Punt
05:16100:53PUR 1534Punt
02:37100:04PUR 251-4Fumble

#793 ·
Because the SEC pays better than the Big 10 for its players. Plus they don't have to worry about getting busted for it, for now anyway.

#805 ·
With their schedules pretty much even for the rest of the year,
whoever comes out as #2 tonight, will likely stay there.(Assuming both win out).

The only slight possible edge is if the Florida Gators win out.
Doing so, MAY slip them back into the Top 25. Thus giving Fl. St. one more ranked opponent to play
and if won, another boost in some end of the season points.
Plus they'd have to beat Florida @ The Swamp. (Voters impression)

Hmmm...interesting....

/

#809 ·
Knowing your skill at predictions is only exceeded by your Uncle Franco, I rest much easier with your statement.

#808 ·
Thursday's two big matchups and Saturday's SEC brawl may go a long way in sorting out the eventual Nat.Championship picture

Oklahoma @ Baylor : the line opened this morning Baylor - 9 and was bet to -14

Oregon @ Stanford : the line opened at Oregon - 7.5 and has moved to 10.5 at some outlets

LSU @ Alabama : the line opened at Bama - 9 and has moved to -11 at a few outlets

of the three unbeaten teams, I would think one would fall, now if I only knew which one it would be

#813 ·
Can anyone tell me why South Carolina and LSU are rated so much higher than UCLA and Arizona State. UCLA beat Nebraska when they were ranked. ASU beat Wisconsin when they were ranked. Neither of the SEC teams have beat a non-conference ranked team. For that matter, I think that the SEC teams of only beat one non-conference time, i.e., Virginia Tech. And its not just that I'm a Duck supporter. What possible logic doesn't have Florida State ranked number one? In the BCS they are ranked above Oregon as they should be.

The ranking system stinks and always has. It propelled Notre Dame into the national championship game when only a couple of kids in some catholic schools believing that Notre Dame should have played for the National Championship. As a consequence, it even demeans Alabama's claim to be the best college football team in the nation last year. It is a shame when so much money is involved that we have this charade of polls. Now we going to have that dope, the one who warned us of an imminent mushroom cloud over Detroit on the committee to decide who plays in the championship rounds next year. Its probably not earth shattering, but I think football fans are owed better. And it not just about the Oregon Ducks, because as much of a fan as I am, I think that they are probably the four or fifth best team in the nation.

#815 ·
Fresno State #16 and Northern Illinois #18 are you kidding me! The injustice in that is unbelievable. Two dominate, undefeated teams like this should be in the top 10 no doubt! Really though I'm just trying to follow the logic of some on here, everyone else please forgive me!

#818 ·
Dustin, What poll is the one you posted? The AP poll I saw had teams ranked differently.

#822 · (Edited)
Well Shafter... I have to admit... Your PAC 10-12 boys do play some amazing non conference schools. I noticed OR beat Nicholls ST 66-0, Stanford bulldozed Army by an incredible 34-20, UCLA beat 3-6 Nevada 58-20, and ASU beat Sacramento State 55-0.

I know those west coast boys are tough... I'm just glad my South Carolina Gamecocks didn't have to run that gauntlet...

#828 ·
Well Shafter... I have to admit... Your PAC 10-12 boys do play some amazing non conference schools. I noticed OR beat Nicholls ST 66-0, Stanford bulldozed Army by an incredible 34-20, UCLA beat 3-6 Nevada 58-20, and ASU beat Sacramento State 55-0.

I know those west coast boys are tough... I just glad my South Carolina Gamecocks didn't have to run that gauntlet...
^^this is exactly what i was thinking.

teams of all conferences schedule the same "get well" opponents. as someone noted earlier, sometimes the athletic directors and coaches get a shock when they put these schedules together. here are two examples of how different expectations can be from reality in the few years between a schedule being set and the game being played:

1. when alabama scheduled virginia tech for their 2013 schedule, i am sure bama thought vt would be the top tier, highly ranked, quality team history indicated they would be. didn't turn out that way!

2. when tennessee scheduled oregon for their 2013 schedule, i am sure the vols thought the ducks would suck just like the ducks have throughout recorded history. didn't turn out that way!

as one of my favorite southern tv charachters gomer pyle used to say, "soo-prize, soo-prize, soo-prize!";-)

#824 ·
Schaeffer, I've never claimed to be an intellect; however, I feel pretty confident that you're not and if you don't like what I post then feel free not to read it. If you're ever in Louisiana let me know so we can see if you can shut my pie hole up!!! For what it's worth my posts are directed are your idiotic comments.

#825 ·
Schaeffer, I've never claimed to be an intellect; however, I feel pretty confident that you're not and if you don't like what I post then feel free not to read it. If you're ever in Louisiana let me know so we can see if you can shut my pie hole up!!! For what it's worth my posts are directed are your idiotic comments.

You guys still read them? After seeing all the flack you guys were writing about him I just put him on the ignore list. Sounded like a legit troll account that only signed up to play ego games and stir the pot. Seems that's still what's going on.

#829 ·
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. lol

^^this is exactly what i was thinking.

teams of all conferences schedule the same "get well" opponents. as someone noted earlier, sometimes the athletic directors and coaches get a shock when they put these schedules together. here are two examples of how different expectations can be from reality in the few years between a schedule being set and the game being played:

1. when alabama scheduled virginia tech for their 2013 schedule, i am sure bama thought vt would be the top tier, highly ranked, quality team history indicated they would be. didn't turn out that way!

2. when tennessee scheduled oregon for their 2013 schedule, i am sure the vols thought the ducks would suck just like the ducks have throughout recorded history. didn't turn out that way!

as one of my favorite southern tv charachters gomer pyle used to say, "soo-prize, soo-prize, soo-prize!";-)

Well except for the Big 12, as of late. They play everybody in their conference, every year.

#833 ·
Jack Del Rio taking over as the interim head coach job for the Denver Broncos....he was considered to be one of the front runners for the USC Trojans HC job, AD Pat Haden's list just took a hit

#835 ·
Jack Del Rio taking over as the interim head coach job for the Denver Broncos....he was considered to be one of the front runners for the USC Trojans HC job, AD Pat Haden's list just took a hit
Not necessarily - like Marvin said, Sarkisian may be "available" - or else he and Ed. O could co-head coach the Trojans next year. Personally, I'm thinking Edsall Peter Principles himself to yet another level and "leaves" Maryland for USC on the eve of their going (as cannon fodder) into the B1G. Though speaking of cannon fodder, that might be what the B1G wants to rename itself - the CFC (Cannon Fodder Conference), what with the Twerps and (Permanent) Rut as newest members of what's already the lamest of the Power-Six conferences.

MG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.