The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 84 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Well Shafter... I have to admit... Your PAC 10-12 boys do play some amazing non conference schools. I noticed OR beat Nicholls ST 66-0, Stanford bulldozed Army by an incredible 34-20, UCLA beat 3-6 Nevada 58-20, and ASU beat Sacramento State 55-0.

I know those west coast boys are tough... I'm just glad my South Carolina Gamecocks didn't have to run that gauntlet...
    Refresh my memory - didn't WSU (a team rebuilding with little depth) play Auburn to open the season? & wasn't the game in doubt until the end? & where is Auburn ranked now?

& the Huskies started with Boise State - IMO somewhat overrated, but still managed to beat Alabama in a bowl game a short while back . I thought the Huskies were playing well, should have beat Stanford but didn't & then had UCLA & ASU in order. Those three defeats will probably cost the Huskies coach his job unless he wins out & I'm not sure he's that good at calling plays .

I wish the big guys played each other more like the Basketball bigs do, would lead to some interesting outcomes IMO. But like SECffer I get a little intimidated by the football intellect, the knowledge of facts though not outcomes, that originates in the SEC .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    & the Huskies started with Boise State - IMO somewhat overrated, but still managed to beat Alabama in a bowl game a short while back ..

Boise St beat Oklahoma after the 06' season in the Fiesta Bowl,
    Utah beat Alabama after the 08' season in the Sugar Bowl.

Memory Refreshed.

..and I thought rank doesn't matter?

Jack Del Rio taking over as the interim head coach job for the Denver Broncos....he was considered to be one of the front runners for the USC Trojans HC job, AD Pat Haden's list just took a hit
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Refresh my memory - didn't WSU (a team rebuilding with little depth) play Auburn to open the season? & wasn't the game in doubt until the end? & where is Auburn ranked now?

& the Huskies started with Boise State - IMO somewhat overrated, but still managed to beat Alabama in a bowl game a short while back . I thought the Huskies were playing well, should have beat Stanford but didn't & then had UCLA & ASU in order. Those three defeats will probably cost the Huskies coach his job unless he wins out & I'm not sure he's that good at calling plays .

I wish the big guys played each other more like the Basketball bigs do, would lead to some interesting outcomes IMO. But like SECffer I get a little intimidated by the football intellect, the knowledge of facts though not outcomes, that originates in the SEC .
    Hi Marvin, didn't dig that far back... I just looked at the PAC teams in the top 25. The only point is that schools on all sides of the country have an occasional patsy on the schedule... It's a money maker for the small school, and an easy win (usually) for the big school. Win-win.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Jack Del Rio taking over as the interim head coach job for the Denver Broncos....he was considered to be one of the front runners for the USC Trojans HC job, AD Pat Haden's list just took a hit
    Not necessarily - like Marvin said, Sarkisian may be "available" - or else he and Ed. O could co-head coach the Trojans next year. Personally, I'm thinking Edsall Peter Principles himself to yet another level and "leaves" Maryland for USC on the eve of their going (as cannon fodder) into the B1G. Though speaking of cannon fodder, that might be what the B1G wants to rename itself - the CFC (Cannon Fodder Conference), what with the Twerps and (Permanent) Rut as newest members of what's already the lamest of the Power-Six conferences.

MG

My analysis says I need some good teams to lose.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...39&src=desktop

Just in case you folks forgot what week it is.

LSU/gumps in tuscaloser.

Sadly, a Coach isn't just going to fix USC's problems.

They need to improve HERE;
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...ank/class/2014

Love Patrick Peterson's quote;
    "If you played at Alabama or LSU, it's one of those games you measure yourself by," Peterson said. "Look at the players who've come out of both schools, how many of those guys are in the NFL. It's the game in college football." SEC has dominate the first two rounds of the NFL Draft for over a decade! And, an example of why the SEC is by far the best and toughest Conference in the world!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Sadly, a Coach isn't just going to fix USC's problems.

They need to improve HERE;
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...ank/class/2014
    the right coach is vital to any Top 10 program and recruiting..I will stick with my prediction that both USC and Texas will have new head football coaches in place well before Jan 1 or shortly after any bowl game they MAY qualify for..the Feb 1 national signing day can be a back breaker for either program...IMO both school have the same names on their short lists of potential candidates
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"