The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 107 of 226 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Yeah, and it should be a 16-team playoff, not four - that way, half of the SEC would justifiably make the "postseason" every year. They could even keep the SEC and other conference championship games - be played for higher seeding in the playoffs. Meanwhile, I can only scoff (as would SECffer, I'm sure) at LSU sitting at No. 23 this week when they're a better team everywhere but on the SEC scoreboard than 12-13 teams ahead of them in the polls/BCS ranking.

And remember: Go 'Gators! - straight to the SEC cellar.

MG

You mean like the teams (non-SEC) that have proven themselves against the SEC teams in the BCS championship games over the past 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    The score should have been 24-7 before the gumps ever got the ball in The 2nd Half. Hardly a blowout. You won't find any fan for that team from that city who will say it was a blowout. Again, bless your heart.
    When you get your tail whipped by 21 its a blowout, take your crying towel, go home and think about next season.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    You mean like the teams (non-SEC) that have proven themselves against the SEC teams in the BCS championship games over the past 7 years.
    I have to believe that like all streaks, this one will also end. I have no idea if Stanford, ASU or Oregon could beat LSU, Alabama or one of the Florida teams right now, but would sure like to see them try. I am also waiting for USC to climb back from the abyss. I am old enough and know enough about college football history to understand teams and conferences go through cycles. I don't know whether we are closer to the middle or end of the SEC up cycle, I do know that it won't last forever.

John

Yeah, we should probably be gratified just by the fact that the "SEC cycle" outlasted college football's Fighting Irish Renaissance back to irrelevance...

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Yeah, we should probably be gratified just by the fact that the "SEC cycle" outlasted college football's Fighting Irish Renaissance back to irrelevance...

MG
    I'm with you on that. I particularly loved the Charlie Weis era, such an arrogant a-hole, it was fun watching the team regress under him.

i have kept my "smack" in check after the week's/weekend's games. i realize that everything that made this such a delightful cfb weekend for me are the same things that made it sad for others!

having said that, i gotta give props to tide senior linebacker t'nae(sp?) patrick. patrick was a standout at north jackson high here in jackson county. though he has three nat champ rings, his career playing time at bama has been mostly special team and some situations. saturday night in the first quarter he came out of nowhere and broke to the ball on the outside and caused the fumble that robbed lsu of what appeared to be a cakewalk run to the endzone. congrats to local kid done good!

also note that jacob is correct, lsu could have scored more, early had things gone "more their way". just don't forget that alabama defenders dropped from their grimey fingers, at least three interceptions that could have "gone their way". but as the old cliche' goes, "if them kids on defense could catch, they would be playing offense!"

j r, as you say things do go in cycles. i am just turned 50 years old. growing up here in alabama during the '60's and '70's it is really nice, as it relates to football that things have finally gotten back to normal around here!!!! (for another week or two anyway)
    john mccallie

JM, having been a fan since the 60's it seems like the Crimson Tide has been a constant with or without the SEC. I always thought of them as more a stand alone independent giant like Notre Dame always was.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I particularly loved the Charlie Weis era, such an arrogant a-hole, it was fun watching the team regress under him.
    Hey now, don't rank on Cholly - we still venerate him in the SEC as "The father of the modern 'Gator offense." Which continues modernizing itself into oblivion, taking Muschamp and the rest of the UF franchise along for the ride.

MG

I would love to see an Alabama/Stanford match up. 2 power type teams butting heads would be a good game to watch.
    I was hoping to see Baylor leapfrog ohio state but SOS is holding them back, just like it has held ohio out of the top spots. This year seems to be a good year to evaluate what a true playoff would look like. If it were a 4 team and season ends with records like they are, does Baylor get the nod over Stanford? Would hate it for Stanford. And if Baylor streaks out would hate to see them left out also.