The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 108 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

I think I will rest on my laurels after being 1000% on my football predictions.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I have no idea if Stanford, ASU or Oregon could beat LSU, Alabama or one of the Florida teams right now, but would sure like to see them try.
    They could beat one of the FL teams--definitely put a smackdown on the Gators or Miami. Not sure they could handle FSU or UCF or one of the decent FL teams though.

The Gators are particularly putrid. FL fan's must be thinking fondly of the Ron Zook era and UT fans must be so happy that whatever happens with Mack, at least Muschamp isn't the lady in waiting anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    They could beat one of the FL teams--definitely put a smackdown on the Gators or Miami. Not sure they could handle FSU or UCF or one of the decent FL teams though.

The Gators are particularly putrid. FL fan's must be thinking fondly of the Ron Zook era and UT fans must be so happy that whatever happens with Mack, at least Muschamp isn't the lady in waiting anymore.
    Cant/wont lay all the blame on Muschamp...Gator fans can play the injury card because once Driskell went down at QB, the back ups are dreadful, they lost a lot of other key players and the Brent Pease offense just hasnt clicked...I would take Muschamp/Pease in Austin right now, would be waiting at the airport to pick them up...remember the Gators were pretty darn good last year, if they want to dump Will after one bad year he wont go unemployed for longer than 24 hours
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    Something else of interest and point of proof...of those SEC teams highlighted, almost ALL of thier losses have been to other SEC teams.
    Ok, duck. Name one good non-SEC team, a SEC team has beat this year. Virginia Tech? Georgia State. I think Auburn struggled and won do a bad call against lowly Washington State

thats this year. How did the SEC do last year in the bowls. I think it was 4-4, against some of the worse times in the top 25.

The SEC IS IN FOR SOME RUDE SHOCKS BY THE END OF THIS YEAR

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    Ok, duck. Name one good non-SEC team, a SEC team has beat this year. Virginia Tech? Georgia State. I think Auburn struggled and won do a bad call against lowly Washington State

thats this year. How did the SEC do last year in the bowls. I think it was 4-4, against some of the worse times in the top 25.

Way too easy.....it was my Longhorns..they got Throttled by Ole Miss 44-23..probably the best kick in the pants they got this year, because they have won six straight since that drubbing
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

i am very pleased you are back schaeffer!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    When you get your tail whipped by 21 its a blowout, take your crying towel, go home and think about next season.
    One thing you have to understand is that LSU has never actually been beaten in a football game. They have been screwed by officials, run out of time, been the victim of an SEC office that favors Alabama (see: Albert Means incident), and a host of other things, but never beaten.

I saw LSU beat Alabama 27-3 in 2003. I guess what I should say is that if we had only been able to get pressure on Rohan Davey and cover Josh Reed so he did not have what seemed like 1000 yards receiving, Alabama would have won that one too.

Keep in mind that I do pretty much subscribe to General Neyland's theory that football games between two fairly evenly matched teams are lost rather than won because of one team's mistakes. For all the bullcrap about Alabama having trouble with "mobile QBs", if you go back and look at their very few losses over the last 5 years you will probably find that they turned the ball over uncharacteristically and that they faced a QB playing well enough to take advantage of it. But the TOs - or mistakes - are the key stat.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Schaeffer is apparently subscribing to the "broken clock" theory of Tim Brando. One of these years (maybe even this year) an SEC team will lose the BCS game and he will be right.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Schaeffer is apparently subscribing to the "broken clock" theory of Tim Brando. One of these years (maybe even this year) an SEC team will lose the BCS game and he will be right.
    I think his point is more one of that it would be easier to judge conference against conference if the quality teams of one played against quality teams in another conference. It's not just the SEC, overall it is pretty rare for a USC or Alabama to book an out of conference game against a real contender. I don't know if it was more common in the past, but I remember USC playing Alabama or LSU a few times in nonconference play back in the 70s and 80s.

Here's the problem with scheduling OOC games. You have to schedule them years (Sometimes many years.) in advance. When you do that, what looks like an elite game @ that time, might not pan out @ the time it's played. Take the gumps this year with VA Tech & LSU with TCU. When they were scheduled, they were must see games.