The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 112 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Franco you are such an arrogant homer, how about a little humility, jeeze...
    I just let the facts speak for themselves. Your attempt at trying to compare the SEC to the Big 10 or any other Conference is laughable! Those other Conferences were NEVER as dominant as the SEC is today! Answer this; In the last 50 years, how many Football NC's has the Big 10 won in a row?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Franco my premise is that BCS title Games are BS and shouldn't count. Hey I hate the Big 10, they were our arch rivals my whole life, and they do seem to have regressed lately, but I argue that all things change, things go up and things go down, so I wouldn't count any once dominant conference out in perpetuity. I so can't wait for a true playoff system to settle this argument once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Franco my premise is that BCS title Games are BS and shouldn't count. Hey I hate the Big 10, they were our arch rivals my whole life, and they do seem to have regressed lately, but I argue that all things change, things go up and things go down, so I wouldn't count any once dominant conference out in perpetuity. I so can't wait for a true playoff system to settle this argument once and for all.
    I too am looking forward to the playoff system, just wish it were the Top 8 teams. The BCS selection was signed off by the schools and is the most comprehensive ranking system the sport has ever had. Unlike the previous systems that lacked comprehensive comparisons such as strength of schedule. But, lets face it, I can't find any back to back championships over the last 50 years by a Big 10 or Pac 10 school. Big bad Michigan 1964 & 97, Ohio St 1968 & 2002, Penn St 1982 & 86, Michigan St 1965. There aren't any two in a row much less anything resembling seven in a row!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I too am looking forward to the playoff system, just wish it were the Top 8 teams. The BCS selection was signed off by the schools and is the most comprehensive ranking system the sport has ever had. Unlike the previous systems that lacked comprehensive comparisons such as strength of schedule. But, lets face it, I can't find any back to back championships over the last 50 years by a Big 10 or Pac 10 school. Big bad Michigan 1964 & 97, Ohio St 1968 & 2002, Penn St 1982 & 86, Michigan St 1965. There aren't any two in a row much less anything resembling seven in a row!
    I can't argue with you on that history, I'm just not very impressed by the seven in a row thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    This is not like the old (new?) Big 10 when it was Michigan and OSU and nobody else.
    I think if you go back a little ways you'll find WI, IA, IL & on occasion Purdue in that mix on a regular basis.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I think if you go back a little ways you'll find WI, IA, IL & on occasion Purdue in that mix on a regular basis.
    Marvin, don't bother "real" college football wasn't invented until the advent of the BCS, didn't you know that.

But you conveniently left out the Big 8 and the SWC...and the days of AP and UPI split polls
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

You don't have to go back to far.

2002 Ohio State Jim Tressel
    2003 USC Pete Carroll
    2004 USC Pete Carroll
    2005 Texas Mack Brown
    2006 Florida Urban Meyer
    2007 LSU Les Miles
    2008 Florida Urban Meyer
    2009 Alabama Nick Saban
    2010 Auburn Gene Chizik
    2011 Alabama Nick Saban
    2012 Alabama Nick Saban