The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Random Fast Fact;
    Dustin, you guys have a lot to do with that. Our games are just so physical.

I am also forced to say that we have at least 3 wins over top 2 teams in January. When it counts.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Dustin, you guys have a lot to do with that. Our games are just so physical.

I am also forced to say that we have at least 3 wins over top 2 teams in January. When it counts.
    Yea, you know stats, they're just fun to look at.
    Who cares about November when you're bringing home the Crystal Ball in January.

Here is the rest of it;

Since 2009, Alabama has compiled a 4-5 record in November against teams that finished the season ranked.
    Saban gets a pass for 2007;(or it would be 5-5) it was his first year, and he didn't inherit a program in good shape.
    2008 Alabama did not face any opponents in November that finished the season ranked.

Chronologically, the 4 wins were against a
    9-4 LSU, 9-4 Mississippi State, 10-3 LSU, and a currently 9-3 LSU.
    The 5 losses were against an
    11-2 LSU, 14-0 Auburn, 13-1 LSU, 11-2 Texas A&M, and a currently 11-1 Auburn.

What do the 4 wins have in common?
    The opponent finished the season with 2 or 3 other losses.

What do the 5 losses have in common?
    All of them were close, but Alabama always fell short. T
    he opponent finished the season ranked in the Top 10. etc. etc.

Like I said, just interesting to look at how some things work out.

/

so Coach O quits in a huff after being passed over for the USC job after being offered the asst head coach position and a pay raise comparable to the Kirby Smart's of the coaching world....now USC will have to go to their bowl game with another interim coach....guess it wasnt all about the kids after all was it Coach O ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I'm not spamming Bama friends, seriously,
    just love me some Sports Science.

Here ESPN's Sports Science breaks down the Return.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    so Coach O quits in a huff after being passed over for the USC job after being offered the asst head coach position and a pay raise comparable to the Kirby Smart's of the coaching world....now USC will have to go to their bowl game with another interim coach....guess it wasnt all about the kids after all was it Coach O ?
    In a way, it kind of is about the kids. After being miserable with Kiffin, he taught them to have pride in themselves. They went through a lot together, and accomplished a lot. Then he's given the consolation prize? I coached HS wrestling for 18 yrs, if I were asked to step down and be someone's asst that I felt I was just as good as, if not better..... No thanks! I would bet that it's killing him to leave the kids at this point. At least he's not sitting there faking it, acting like all is well, then bailing. That would send a worse msg to the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by mjiorle View Post
    In a way, it kind of is about the kids. After being miserable with Kiffin, he taught them to have pride in themselves. They went through a lot together, and accomplished a lot. Then he's given the consolation prize? I coached HS wrestling for 18 yrs, if I were asked to step down and be someone's asst that I felt I was just as good as, if not better..... No thanks! I would bet that it's killing him to leave the kids at this point. At least he's not sitting there faking it, acting like all is well, then bailing. That would send a worse msg to the kids.
    At the very least he owed it to the kids to finish the season at the bowl game, he could have walked away after that with his head held high...personally lost some respect for him the way he handled it...He was the INTERIM coach...the entire staff will probably change when Sark brings in his own guys, they were all coaching for their jobs..IMO Haden gave him an honorable way to stick with the program, there are classier ways to exit....If Coach O was in the running for the job then Del Rio, Sumlin, and Peterson would have never been interviewed

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

So any of you now Urban Meyer Fans question him on NOT suspending any of the players from the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    At the very least he owed it to the kids to finish the season at the bowl game,
    Happens all the time this time of year. Teams go to Bowls, without their head coach b/c he's moved on somewhere else.

Not sure why that is, but it is pretty dumb.

O was probaby just p*ssed off that they passed him over for a lightweight like Sarkisian - can't say I blame him. Muschamp may be looking his way but then again, Muschamp may not have a lot of time left to look at and hire anybody but to one-year contracts.

MG

ESPN telling everyone how to put Auburn ahead of Ohio St.....wow

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn%3A10068485

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    So any of you now Urban Meyer Fans question him on NOT suspending any of the players from the fight?

Happens all the time this time of year. Teams go to Bowls, without their head coach b/c he's moved on somewhere else.

Not sure why that is, but it is pretty dumb.
    it goes back to the Schembechler "...a Michigan man will coach a Michigan team...

as for Meyer not suspending the guys in the fight especially the one that flipped the double bird to the crowd, that will leave you shaking your head

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    O was probaby just p*ssed off that they passed him over for a lightweight like Sarkisian - can't say I blame him. Muschamp may be looking his way but then again, Muschamp may not have a lot of time left to look at and hire anybody but to one-year contracts.

MG
    Muschamp has gone 7-6, 11-2, and 4-8...he fired Pease and also the O line coach..if he recruits well and gets a QB to finish a season he can turn it around, if not he will be the first to admit that he doesnt deserve the job...seems like the team quit on him but thats just from watching the later games after Driskell went down

How about Mark Richt at Georgia, I know they were decimated with injuries, but is he feeling the heat ?