The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 150 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    At the very least he owed it to the kids to finish the season at the bowl game, he could have walked away after that with his head held high...personally lost some respect for him the way he handled it...He was the INTERIM coach...the entire staff will probably change when Sark brings in his own guys, they were all coaching for their jobs..IMO Haden gave him an honorable way to stick with the program, there are classier ways to exit....If Coach O was in the running for the job then Del Rio, Sumlin, and Peterson would have never been interviewed
    Like I said before, coach O is a regular guy, and he did what a regular guy would do. Not the PC thing to do. He's not fake. I think he did the right thing. No mixed msgs! What Haden offered him was not honorable, it was a consolation prize as a second fiddle. He paid his dues, after Ole Miss, and now proved he at least deserves a shot somewhere. Maybe Texas??

At the very least he owed it to the kids to finish the season at the bowl game, he could have walked away after that with his head held high...personally lost some respect for him the way he handled it...He was the INTERIM coach...the entire staff will probably change when Sark brings in his own guys, they were all coaching for their jobs..IMO Haden gave him an honorable way to stick with the program, there are classier ways to exit....If Coach O was in the running for the job then Del Rio, Sumlin, and Peterson would have never been interviewed

Many in Seattle feel the same way about Sarkesian... They have one game left as well.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Many in Seattle feel the same way about Sarkesian... They have one game left as well.
    good point...did you hear his interview on ESPN when they asked him about the USC job, he was speaking with a forked tongue for sure, saying that USC came calling to him and how he was concentrating on the upcoming game and getting to a bowl game
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

How about Mark Richt at Georgia, I know they were decimated with injuries, but is he feeling the heat ?
    Likely Not.

Talk about Injuries? The Florida Gators have had 15 players who were starting at the beggining of this season,
    not playing now b/c of injuries. 14 before the FSU game.

Pretty sure that will cover Will M's rear.

I'm not super happy about the Sarkesian hire. He's kind of reminds me of Lane Kiffen, but not as bad. I miss Pete Carroll, I know a lot of people hate him, but I think he's a great coach. look at what he has done in Seattle. As for USC, Carroll made Trojan football exciting like the old McKay- Robinson years.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I'm not super happy about the Sarkesian hire. He's kind of reminds me of Lane Kiffen, but not as bad. I miss Pete Carroll, I know a lot of people hate him, but I think he's a great coach. look at what he has done in Seattle. As for USC, Carroll made Trojan football exciting like the old McKay- Robinson years.
    John : I think Sark is a lot closer to being Pete's boy than being another Lane Kiffen...remember that Sark was tutored by Norm Chow both at BYU and at USC..I remember Sark playing QB at El Camino CC, and then BYU...he was a darn good QB...I think he will be good at USC, and FTR I have always been a Bruin fan
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Isn't Pete Carrol the reason for the USC sanctions? He broke the rules and then bailed to the NFL. Maybe he made it exciting, but he also handcuffed it and fled!

No. Mark Richt isn't feeling any heat, nor should he.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver View Post
    Isn't Pete Carrol the reason for the USC sanctions? He broke the rules and then bailed to the NFL. Maybe he made it exciting, but he also handcuffed it and fled!
    No I don't think Carroll was the reason. I'm not sure how involved he was with the Reggie Bush deal, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. I think he left for the NFL because of the great opportunity, not to bail out of a bad situation.

No I don't think Carroll was the reason. I'm not sure how involved he was with the Reggie Bush deal, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. I think he left for the NFL because of the great opportunity, not to bail out of a bad situation.
    35 million of them . Made possible by Allen hosing the taxpayers on the stadium .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!