The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 150 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

  1. #1491
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    At the very least he owed it to the kids to finish the season at the bowl game, he could have walked away after that with his head held high...personally lost some respect for him the way he handled it...He was the INTERIM coach...the entire staff will probably change when Sark brings in his own guys, they were all coaching for their jobs..IMO Haden gave him an honorable way to stick with the program, there are classier ways to exit....If Coach O was in the running for the job then Del Rio, Sumlin, and Peterson would have never been interviewed
    Like I said before, coach O is a regular guy, and he did what a regular guy would do. Not the PC thing to do. He's not fake. I think he did the right thing. No mixed msgs! What Haden offered him was not honorable, it was a consolation prize as a second fiddle. He paid his dues, after Ole Miss, and now proved he at least deserves a shot somewhere. Maybe Texas??

  2. #1492
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    At the very least he owed it to the kids to finish the season at the bowl game, he could have walked away after that with his head held high...personally lost some respect for him the way he handled it...He was the INTERIM coach...the entire staff will probably change when Sark brings in his own guys, they were all coaching for their jobs..IMO Haden gave him an honorable way to stick with the program, there are classier ways to exit....If Coach O was in the running for the job then Del Rio, Sumlin, and Peterson would have never been interviewed

    Many in Seattle feel the same way about Sarkesian... They have one game left as well.
    Bill Davis

  3. #1493
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Many in Seattle feel the same way about Sarkesian... They have one game left as well.
    good point...did you hear his interview on ESPN when they asked him about the USC job, he was speaking with a forked tongue for sure, saying that USC came calling to him and how he was concentrating on the upcoming game and getting to a bowl game
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #1494
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    How about Mark Richt at Georgia, I know they were decimated with injuries, but is he feeling the heat ?
    Likely Not.

    Talk about Injuries? The Florida Gators have had 15 players who were starting at the beggining of this season,
    not playing now b/c of injuries. 14 before the FSU game.

    Pretty sure that will cover Will M's rear.

  5. #1495
    Senior Member John Robinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bigfork, Montana
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    I'm not super happy about the Sarkesian hire. He's kind of reminds me of Lane Kiffen, but not as bad. I miss Pete Carroll, I know a lot of people hate him, but I think he's a great coach. look at what he has done in Seattle. As for USC, Carroll made Trojan football exciting like the old McKay- Robinson years.

  6. #1496
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I'm not super happy about the Sarkesian hire. He's kind of reminds me of Lane Kiffen, but not as bad. I miss Pete Carroll, I know a lot of people hate him, but I think he's a great coach. look at what he has done in Seattle. As for USC, Carroll made Trojan football exciting like the old McKay- Robinson years.
    John : I think Sark is a lot closer to being Pete's boy than being another Lane Kiffen...remember that Sark was tutored by Norm Chow both at BYU and at USC..I remember Sark playing QB at El Camino CC, and then BYU...he was a darn good QB...I think he will be good at USC, and FTR I have always been a Bruin fan
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #1497
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Evansville, WI
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I'm not super happy about the Sarkesian hire. He's kind of reminds me of Lane Kiffen, but not as bad. I miss Pete Carroll, I know a lot of people hate him, but I think he's a great coach. look at what he has done in Seattle. As for USC, Carroll made Trojan football exciting like the old McKay- Robinson years.
    Isn't Pete Carrol the reason for the USC sanctions? He broke the rules and then bailed to the NFL. Maybe he made it exciting, but he also handcuffed it and fled!

  8. #1498
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    4,101

    Default

    No. Mark Richt isn't feeling any heat, nor should he.

  9. #1499
    Senior Member John Robinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bigfork, Montana
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denver View Post
    Isn't Pete Carrol the reason for the USC sanctions? He broke the rules and then bailed to the NFL. Maybe he made it exciting, but he also handcuffed it and fled!
    No I don't think Carroll was the reason. I'm not sure how involved he was with the Reggie Bush deal, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. I think he left for the NFL because of the great opportunity, not to bail out of a bad situation.

  10. #1500
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    No I don't think Carroll was the reason. I'm not sure how involved he was with the Reggie Bush deal, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. I think he left for the NFL because of the great opportunity, not to bail out of a bad situation.
    35 million of them . Made possible by Allen hosing the taxpayers on the stadium .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •