The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 154 of 226 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

  1. #1531
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Interesting, would you have a link?
    The top 12 schools are as follows: (2013 NFL Week 1 rosters)

    1. USC 40 players
    2. LSU 39
    3. Miami 38
    4. Georgia 36
    5. Florida State 31
    5. Texas 31
    7. Alabama 30
    7. Cal 30
    7. Tennessee 30
    10. Ohio State 27
    10. Oregon 27
    12. Florida 26
    http://college-football.si.com/2013/...d-nfl-rosters/

  2. #1532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    We produce players, not coaches down here
    Just kidding but maybe the 40 degree parallel may have something to do with running the program. You would have to drop Cincinnati and Miami.

  3. #1533
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Considering the (per capita) ratio. That's pretty impressive for Louisiana.

  4. #1534
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The top 12 schools are as follows: (2013 NFL Week 1 rosters)

    1. USC — 40 players
    2. LSU — 39
    3. Miami — 38
    4. Georgia — 36
    5. Florida State — 31
    5. Texas — 31
    7. Alabama — 30
    7. Cal — 30
    7. Tennessee — 30
    10. Ohio State — 27
    10. Oregon — 27
    12. Florida — 26
    http://college-football.si.com/2013/...d-nfl-rosters/
    Five of the twelve are SEC teams! I don't know how you can say that SEC players don't make the final cut?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  5. #1535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Five of the twelve are SEC teams! I don't know how you can say that SEC players don't make the final cut?
    I don't recall ever saying anything remotely close to that.

  6. #1536
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Considering the (per capita) ratio. That's pretty impressive for Louisiana.
    but did all those players at their respective schools come from the state where the school exists....all the big programs recruit nationally, highly doubt the 27 NFL players from Oregon played their HS ball in that state
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #1537
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    but did all those players at their respective schools come from the state where the school exists....all the big programs recruit nationally, highly doubt the 27 NFL players from Oregon played their HS ball in that state
    Hmm don't know. I just know per-capita, Louisiana dominates in the NFL.

  8. #1538
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Monroe, LA
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    The state is loaded with talent again this year.

  9. #1539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Monroe, LA
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Make that the 2011 draft. Who's better than Russell Wilson? After three-quarters of the 2013 season and all of 2012, I don't think you would find many NFL GM's taking Luck over Wilson. He's accurate and mobile which is the direction most NFL teams are headed.
    I'll take Andrew Luck & trump you all day, everyday. It's not remotely close.

  10. #1540
    Member Tim Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elyria, Ohio
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I'll take Andrew Luck & trump you all day, everyday. It's not remotely close.
    Luck will probably end with a better career, but to say it's not close just tells me you haven't watched Wilson that much. He's got a great arm and is extremely athletic. He has tremendous instincts to play qb. I just think he is a winner.
    Tim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •