The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 167 of 226 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

My high school lo those many years ago ran an offense they called the Notre Dame Box, but my father always said it was really just a Winged-T. AU's offense reminds me of that a great deal. I would argue that you almost need to abandon any keys or reads and simply hold your spot on the DL, regardless of what the OL does. AU is particularly good at disguising their plays by doing unorthodox things with their OL.

Combine this with very little time to adjust and you get outflanked a lot if you are trying to do too much on D.

My real concern about what is going on is really with the officials. If the stated purpose of an HUNH offense is to gas a defense full of 18-23 year old men in prime physical condition so that they start to ignore their fundamentals, get out of position, and make bad decisions, what in the world does it do to the officials? And if it cuts down on defensive adjustment time does it not also cut down on the time the officials have to do their checks for illegal formations, eligible receivers, false starts, and such? And I pity the poor umpire, who many times barely gets away from the LOS before the ball is snapped, and really has not a prayer of getting into position to call anything but the most blatant of holding penalties - assuming of course that there were holding penalties to call. There may be even more misdirection here than meets the eye.

I hope that Alabama decides to include a no-huddle package (not necessarily hurry-up) in their offense next year designed to hamper defensive substitutions. I would love to see what our OL and RBs could do against a DL that was good and gassed about midway through the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    Actually the winged-T uses miss-direction to get defenders to abandon their primary responsibilities to produce running room, i.e., defenders have to stay at home - over-pursuit will get killed against the Auburn scheme. And Auburn's version requires good one-on-one tackling skills by the defense. Getting penetration can be effective but not at the expense of losing gap responsibility. UGA did a very credible job against Auburn in the 2nd half of their game. If FSU can be that good for the entire game, they can win big over Auburn. But if FSU attempts to beat the offensive linemen by penetrating around the defenders and leaving gaps, or by over-pursuit then Auburn can run it up on FSU.

Having a month to prepare is a big advantage to be effective against the Auburn winged-T versus Missouri or other SEC schools since they don't face another offense like Auburn's. LSU was fortunate to face Auburn early before they were effective in the offense. Auburn has been better each week in this offense & they have the personnel to run it effectively. Just remember that the foundation of the winged-T is to use miss-direction to gain advantage over stronger, faster defenders, so the Auburn offense can neutralize a superior FSU defense if FSU is not disciplined in their approach - something a month of seeing the winged-T in practice should provide. It should be a good game.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

The NFL Channel annouced that Saban is signing a 7 million a year contract extension with Bama. The question is; will Nick send UT a Thank You note?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The NFL Channel annouced that Saban is signing a 7 million a year contract extension with Bama. The question is; will Nick send UT a Thank You note?
    if thats the case then Jimmy Sexton played both sides like a concert pianist...

did some checking around on the NFL Channel report...and that 7 million dollar extension was the one that Sexton had on his desk since it was reported last week...but apparently was never signed...Even Rich Eisen from the same NFL Channel just tweeted that the Saban to Texas story is gaining legs....

all I know is there is a TON of misinformation out there from all the parties plus from many that have no interest at all..Its quite entertaining..bordering on maniacal
    Last edited by BonMallari; 12-10-2013 at 08:03 PM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

St. Nick to Texas. Done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    just curious Jacob, since you are wired in to the LSU message boards, what is their take on the subject ? do they think its real ? Do they even care ? Are they laughing and saying I told you so ?

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    jacob, i hope it's true......the tide needed another good reason to rodeo up and bulldog some long horns!

bon, i suggest you leave santa out of this and just watch the show tonight and give yourself a nice gift!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    just curious Jacob, since you are wired in to the LSU message boards, what is their take on the subject ? do they think its real ? Do they even care ? Are they laughing and saying I told you so ?
    It's freaking STUPID!

Most folks are ready to pull their freakin HAIR OUT b/c we're all so sick of hearing about NICK SABAN TO TEXAS!

He's NOT GOING! get over it. He'll Retire @ Bama.

Yet even if he did leave, WHO CARES!?!?

I'm ready to puke with all this incredible ridiculous drama over Brown and Saban.

There's my take. I don't give a crap where they go or for how much.
    I just want to watch football. Whether or not Saban or Brown are head coaches are not,
    makes no difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Most people that I know don't care either way. It's a business. I wouldn't be shocked if he left. I can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    jacob, i hope it's true......the tide needed another good reason to rodeo up and bulldog some long horns!

bon, i suggest you leave santa out of this and just watch the show tonight and give yourself a nice gift!
    You don't really want it to be true. In any event, how is the duck season going?

Yea. You want him to stay. We know.

Just like we'd have liked to seen these three in the middle stay for a few more years. LOL

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/2/11...04-650-366.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Yea. You want him to stay. We know.

Just like we'd have liked to seen these three in the middle stay for a few more years. LOL

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/2/11...04-650-366.jpg
    What a classic picture...my boy WM on one side and Jimbo on the other..were there any other notables on that staff that went on to HC jobs anywhere