The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 172 of 226 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    I think Denver might really be Schaffer!!!!
    Coachmo or Probably Less: From anything that I've read of yours, I would say that your statement suggesting that you "think" is clearly an impossibility. I will await your response. It seems to come within a minute of my posting. Come on Coachmo or Probably Less, I know that you can't resist the bait.

Just pointing out the similarities between the trolls! It's cold outside shouldn't you be tucked safely under your bridge? FYI, I post what I want to post and it has nothing to do with "bait". You on the other hand. I love the comment about you reading. That's hilarious! You reading...now that would truly be something to see!
    Last edited by coachmo; 12-12-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    sorry denver,
    pro football sucks. it's the wwe with a ball. i haven't watched a pro football game since staubach and tarkenton. i wouldn't walk across the street to shoot a deer or see a pro football game.
    roll tide!
    So you hate deer hunting too, or am I reading that wrong? I much prefer duck hunting and the related dog work, but I like to hunt deer a few times a season, especially if it snows. I also prefer Pro football to College, but like them both. Unfortunately my Rams have been pretty bad for ten years straight. I'm glad that I'm old enough to look back on fifty years of Rams football and remember them as being a good team overall. Roman Gabriel, the Fearsome Foursome, George Allen, Eric Dickerson and much later our only Super Bowl win with Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner and the GSOT.
    John

Who do you root for if your teams not playing? Do you always root for teams in your conference against any other team? How about arch rivals? As a USC fan my hopes for each season start out with National Champion expectations, barring that a Rose Bowl bid, if they don't make that I have little interest in any of the other hundred or so bowl games, most are meaningless. The next most important thing for me is to beat UCLA and Notre Dame. This year was a total bust so I'll watch other teams play in some of the prestige bowls, Cotton, Orange, etc. Now I hate UCLA and Notre Dame, but I respect them and will root for them in a bowl game, as I will for Stanford, Washington or Arizona State, but Oregon bugs me so much I'll root against them. Non of this is logical, but I guess that's why we are all so different, it's all individual.

How about you guys, what's your preference?

I will always root for my Horns..I like watching the Aggies play just so I can talk to my brother about it later...Never been a conference homer, for example the Oklahoma vs Alabama game, I just want to see a good game,same goes for the FSU vs Auburn game....always enjoy watching Notre Dame getting their tails kicked..I like certain coaches and might pull for them in certain games (Meyer, Muschamp,Harsin,Mora Jr. Sarkesian,Saban)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

john,

though i duck hunt alone a couple of days a year i don't enjoy quiet, solitary hunting. deer hunting is just not my cup of tea. i like a ten man duck blind, a wagon full of quail hunters or a big pheasant drive with blockers. when a person says, "i was a member of john's hunting party!", it is my hope they mean it literally. i like to shock people by serving 8 hot breakfasts cooked on stove on a dog stand in a timber hole and never miss a volley while doing it! that said i was impressed by the very big deer and limit of big ducks you posted the pic of. i have killed deer while duck hunting, but never one with antlers.

i am a conference homer. pulling for sec teams is my norm. my last week of pics had auburn over mizzou. my intension was to pull for auburn. but once the game started i was all mizzou, it just didn't feel right. i will pull for auburn over fsu......i think?

i like to see the traditional powers(from my youth) do well. i like to see strong seasons by the likes of southern cal, oklahoma, nebraska, texas, ohio state, michigan and even notre dame. i had an uncle who would take me to knoxville to tennessee games a couple of times a year as a kid. as a result i am a closet vol fan.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Who do you root for if your teams not playing?
    Do you always root for teams in your conference against any other team?
    How about arch rivals?
    For College;

I usually like to see my conference win. Why not?
    Winning helps the Conference and makes the gauntlet tougher.
    The tougher the gauntlet is to get thru, the better the team is if it makes it through.
    Thus the success of the SEC Teams in the Big Game against other OOC Teams.

I could watch Ohio St, Oregon, Notre Dame, Oklahoma & USC lose every Saturday,
    never turn the channel and enjoy every snap of it.

When it comes to THIS year's BCSNCG. I'm torn.
    I don't much care for the 8 in a row, b/c I don't much care for Auburn.

I do like Jimbo and liked watching the Noles' growing up too.

I'm not sure I'll root for FSU, but I wouldn't be upset if they won.

Pro-Football;

I could watch the Cowboys, Patriots, Jets, Panthers and Titans lose every game too and love it.

However, at times I find myself at odds with that.
    We clearly watch these kids from High-School Recruits,
    through College and then finally to the big stage of the NFL.

So I liked to watch Games with my phone or tablet in hand
    so I can keep track of WHO from LSU is playing in whatever game I'm watching.

Considering the LSU players on some of these teams, there is a conflict of interest at times

I like the Seahawks, b/c I like Lynch and Carroll. Thomas and Sherman are lights out too. I like Defensive Teams.
    I also watch a good bit of Wilson in College too. Now waiting to see if Simon and Ware will get a shot to play next year maybe?

I like a lot of other NFL teams too. It usual has to do with the Players though.

LSU not playing in a major bowl this season has me excited about the New Orleans Bowl. UL Ragin Cajun vs the Tulane Green Wave led by Nick Montana. Both programs are headed in the right direction and the Superdome will be soldout. Dec 21st in N O is going to be one gigantic tailgate party!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    For College;

I usually like to see my conference win. Why not?
    Winning helps the Conference and makes the gauntlet tougher.
    The tougher the gauntlet is to get thru, the better the team is if it makes it through.
    Thus the success of the SEC Teams in the Big Game against other OOC Teams.

I could watch Ohio St, Oregon, Notre Dame, Oklahoma & USC lose every Saturday,
    never turn the channel and enjoy every snap of it.

When it comes to THIS year's BCSNCG. I'm torn.
    I don't much care for the 8 in a row, b/c I don't much care for Auburn.

I do like Jimbo and liked watching the Noles' growing up too.

I'm not sure I'll root for FSU, but I wouldn't be upset if they won.

Pro-Football;

I could watch the Cowboys, Patriots, Jets, Panthers and Titans lose every game too and love it.

However, at times I find myself at odds with that.
    We clearly watch these kids from High-School Recruits,
    through College and then finally to the big stage of the NFL.

So I liked to watch Games with my phone or tablet in hand
    so I can keep track of WHO from LSU is playing in whatever game I'm watching.

Considering the LSU players on some of these teams, there is a conflict of interest at times

I like the Seahawks, b/c I like Lynch and Carroll. Thomas and Sherman are lights out too. I like Defensive Teams.
    I also watch a good bit of Wilson in College too. Now waiting to see if Simon and Ware will get a shot to play next year maybe?

I like a lot of other NFL teams too. It usual has to do with the Players though.

Ok, beyond your conference are you regional. No offence to you Southerners, but everything else being equal and no arch rivalries involved, I tend to root for teams that are closest to me. I'll root for a western team against an eastern team. Bear in mind anything east of Colorado is east coast to me. As a kid I thought Arizona was an eastern state, couldn't see how they let them in the Pacific conference. I also tend to root for North against South. Now Bon brought up Coaches, there are certain coaches such as Charlie Weiss who I just don't like and will root against no matter where they are, some I really like, Lou Holtz when he was coaching, Pete Carroll and Phil Fulmer for example. Then there are fans, where I live U of Montana fans are so obnoxious as are their radio announcers that I automatically root against them just for GP.