The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 174 of 226 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Questionable? Heck he will be able to get almost every top recruit in TX. AND that's a lot of good players. and have his bad debts paid for. Which I understand are very significant. He is in for serveral million on a bankrupt Perkin's Row development in Baton Rouge. I know for a fact the bank is asking for there money.
    Bobby, how much does he owe your bank?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Not us we wouldnt take the loan. They tried to finance with us but the apprasial numbers didnt add up is what I was told. My current boss was with the lending bank back then and was warned by our realestate group this was not a sound deal. The judge just allowed the bank to take the property back. Last I heard the cash call to Saban was around 5 mil on that one property.

Lemme see if I can follow the logic from the let's-lasso-a-savior crowd: Saban goes to Tejas and his debts - and trespasses against Colt - are forgiven, and 'Bama, in return for letting him go, gets Mack and his big brother Watson as co-head coaches, with their salaries over the next 10 years paid in full by revenue from ShamWow! commercials (for absorbing all those Crimson Tide tears) airing on the Longhorn Network. Yeah, that computes.

MG

Last I heard the cash call to Saban was around 5 mil on that one property.
    bobby,
    i think i can speak for mg in saying that the two of us are willing to kick in a fin each to satisfy the loan call. now all we need is 999,998 more bama fans to do the same and it's an even $5 mil! no prob!

saban already gets every player he really wants from texas.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Why would Nick Saban leave Alabama? Just dollars? It seems like he would be leaving a very good situation player and teamwise for a very questionable one.

Lets just say you are Mrs. Saban. Your hubby takes home a couple of million a year. The only mall in T-Town doesn't even have a Dillards much less anything upscale. There is zero upscale shopping and not much better one hour away in B'ham. There is no fine dining in T-Town but great BBQ where the only sides is white bread. For any real upscale shopping or dining, one would have to travel to Atlanta. Whereas, Austin is not only a dynamic town on the edges of the hill country, they have all the upscale shopping and fine dining anyone would want.

I say he has to keep the wifie happy.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Questionable? Heck he will be able to get almost every top recruit in TX. AND that's a lot of good players. and have his bad debts paid for. Which I understand are very significant. He is in for serveral million on a bankrupt Perkin's Row development in Baton Rouge. I know for a fact the bank is asking for there money.
    Your story matches up with others I have read on "insider blogs" apparently the LA investment isnt the only one that went bad , one insider estimates that his debt from questionable investments at both schools is in the double digit category. No one doubts that Bama can match any offer that Texas puts out but apparently some BMD are willing to dig deep and "assist" in the debt dept
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Your story matches up with others I have read on "insider blogs" apparently the LA investment isnt the only one that went bad , one insider estimates that his debt from questionable investments at both schools is in the double digit category. No one doubts that Bama can match any offer that Texas puts out but apparently some BMD are willing to dig deep and "assist" in the debt dept
    The number I heard was around 40 mil

Old Cajun saying, "Owe the bank a little money that you can't repay and you are in trouble. Owe the bank a lot of money that you can't repay and the bank is in trouble"

kir-bee smart, kir-bee smart, kir-bee smart!!!!
    john mccallie

the fruit jar of moonshine represents alabama crimson tide football. my finger represents nick saban as a part of alabama football!

1213131459[1].jpg

the fruit jar of moonshine represents alabama crimson tide football after nick saban's departure. he didn't even leave a hole when he left!

1213131501[1].jpg

no man, no texas, no nothing is bigger than ALABAMA FOOTBALL! RTR!!
    john mccallie