The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 175 of 226 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    The number I heard was around 40 mil
    I read 20MM but you're in the banking business so your sources may be a heck of a lot more accurate
    Last edited by BonMallari; 12-13-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Not a banker but I do work for a bank.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    the fruit jar of moonshine represents alabama crimson tide football. my finger represents nick saban as a part of alabama football!

Attachment 16449

the fruit jar of moonshine represents alabama crimson tide football after nick saban's departure. he didn't even leave a hole when he left!

Attachment 16450

no man, no texas, no nothing is bigger than ALABAMA FOOTBALL! RTR!!
    Except for a few NCAA violations a few years back. I hear Mike Shula might be looking for a job.
    Last edited by rboudet; 12-13-2013 at 04:46 PM.

I hear Mike Shula might be looking for a job.
    Mike Price, too. Mike Dumbo Ears Dubose makes three. Think they could make prodigal returns - or would Saban want to add them to his illustrious coaching tree at Tejas?

MG

Questionable? Heck he will be able to get almost every top recruit in TX. AND that's a lot of good players. and have his bad debts paid for. Which I understand are very significant. He is in for serveral million on a bankrupt Perkin's Row development in Baton Rouge. I know for a fact the bank is asking for there money.
    I can't speak for him, but it is pretty clear that the one thing Saban requires before any further discussion is complete control over the football program, with a close second being who his real boss is. With all the apparent infighting going on with the UT BoR, including a sitting governor apparently actively and openly trying to fire a president, it does not appear that anybody can tell him who his boss is or will be, and he has that in spades at Alabama, along with complete control of all things football. And I understand that some debt relief is already up and running.

You never say never, especially with college football coaches, but I can't for the life of me figure out how this is something other than he and Jimmy Sexton (i) setting the market on college football coaches (Sexton represents quite a few on commission, as I am sure you guys know), and (ii) Saban recognizing that he will never have more leverage than he does right now, so there's something he wants that he is going to get while the getting is good.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Lets just say you are Mrs. Saban. Your hubby takes home a couple of million a year. The only mall in T-Town doesn't even have a Dillards much less anything upscale. There is zero upscale shopping and not much better one hour away in B'ham. There is no fine dining in T-Town but great BBQ where the only sides is white bread. For any real upscale shopping or dining, one would have to travel to Atlanta. Whereas, Austin is not only a dynamic town on the edges of the hill country, they have all the upscale shopping and fine dining anyone would want.

I say he has to keep the wifie happy.
    Apparently she is. I can also tell you have not been to Tuscaloosa or Birmingham in a while. Or at least not the right parts. Plus, don't you think if shopping is a problem she has access to a plane?

"Terry Saban opened up about life as the wife of a BCS title-winning coach and Saban's interest in Texas during a profile for the Wall Street Journal. The most important news for Alabama fans was to hear Terry's definitive response to the reports of house hunting in Austin.

"We're staying," Saban told the WSJ. "We're not going anywhere."
    Steve Wyatt

Except for a few NCAA violations a few years back. I hear Mike Shula might be looking for a job.
    it is fortunate for all major programs that today's ncaa aint what it used to be! also bobby, i forgot to mention that it took 12 years and 16 years respectively for a hole in a fruit jar of moonshine to close when bama lost its last two good coaches. lol
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    it is fortunate for all major programs that today's ncaa aint what it used to be! also bobby, i forgot to mention that it took 12 years and 16 years respectively for a hole in a fruit jar of moonshine to close when bama lost its last two good coaches. lol
    Per several sources, the extension is agreed to with a raise to somewhere north of $7 million per year. Hope it is true.
    Steve Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    ...the extension is agreed to with a raise to somewhere north of $7 million per year. Hope it is true.
    It is - with the proviso of course that Tejas pay off that $40M debt before Saban arrives in Austin in 2021 - to, you know, work gratis as recompense for taking down Colt and Mack's whole Tejas program with one ill-begotten play way back in 2010.

"Doggone it, Dorothy - didn't work this time...

- all the oil in Tejas, and our pocketbook still wasn't deep enough for that greedy, misspending little man..."

"Remember the Alamo Bowl!"

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    with the proviso of course that Tejas pay off that $40M debt before Saban arrives in Austin in 2021.MG
    Well played. Here's to a couple more rings before it is over.
    Steve Wyatt