The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 176 of 226 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2251

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

"Behoofs" 'em - being Tejas - to give Mack a swan song season and let him retire at the end of it. Too ugly both politically and pragmatically right now for anything else. Unless a wild card like Chuckie Gruden comes calling. What's out there now for Tejas to succeed Mack reminds me of a joke I heard the other day: Why did the cowboy get a dachshund? 'Cause he wanted to get a long little doggie."

MG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I dont understand all the butthurt Longhorn frat boys on the UT fan boards...so we didnt Saban, deal with it, move on, MB might have escaped the executioners blade this weekend, but if Oregon does to us what they are capable of, he may not see Valentines Day with the Horns
    Saban is just like John pointed out - the hole he leaves is only as big as the void in the pail of water when his hand is gone . There are a lot of good coaches out there more than willing to work for TX bucks.

Patterson's comment "I'm looking forward to working with Mack for years to come" is a platitude. A bad game in the bowl & he is retiring, if there is a bookie around I'll bet that at the right odds . Health reasons!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

There is a term that UT has always used when they relieve a HC of a program, especially the football program....reassigned....Texas is a state institution, they do not like paying severance pay, Instead they will reassign that coach to other responsibilities with the stipulation that they can still receive their salary until they take a similar job, They did it with Akers, McWilliams, and Mackovic..in fact with Mackovic his "job" was to secure a place for a UT golf course...That project was already well on its way so JM hung out at Barton Creek CC about 4 days a week where myself and fellow teammates would serve him lunch/dinner..When he took the Arizona U job the payments from UT stopped...

Mack B will eventually be reassigned within the athletic dept. just like former AD Dodds was earlier this summer. he will be given some lofty title as an advisor, but its just to have a category so the monthly check gets debited to the correct account...

Texas only has ONE commitment currently signed in this recruiting class, granted its a hot shot QB from a known state powerhouse, but there was a reason MB was recruiting in Fla. earlier in the week, he is trying desperately to save his job
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Well played. Here's to a couple more rings before it is over.
    For all this "Dynasty" talk, 1 SEC Championship in 4 years isn't that swell. 2 in the 2000s isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Old Cajun saying, "Owe the bank a little money that you can't repay and you are in trouble. Owe the bank a lot of money that you can't repay and the bank is in trouble"
    Owe the bank a little money and you have to deal with a banker. Owe the bank a lot of money and you get to deal with a partner

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    For all this "Dynasty" talk, 1 SEC Championship in 4 years isn't that swell. 2 in the 2000s isn't exactly setting the world on fire.
    Upon further review, why, it's downright mediocre, Jacob. And with such a foreboding road ahead, gotta be grateful 'Bama's "processed" the paperwork (e pluribus Sabanum) today for the man who's committed to reaching that dynastic destination.

MG

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    ...yea, yea, yea....Keep telling yourself that.

What else happen in the last 5 years?

For some reason, I just can't remember....

Oh yea....now I remember...

Man that one SEC Championship in the last 5 years
    is really a bummer to the program.

Hopefully they make a change to the program
    for more success down the road.

/

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post

/
    dustin,
    now that is your usual statistics combined with graphic imaging. very impressive work young man! thank you!
    john mccallie

Teacher: ok class, at this moment in time it appears nick saban has made the decision to remain head football coach at the university of alabama. students, if this is in fact coach saban's decision, what have we learned?

Teacher: franco in the front row, you have your hand up.
    franco: teacher, i learned the shopping in tuscaloosa, alabama is better than i thought! i also learned mrs. saban likes ribs and white bread!

Teacher: ok john you're next.
    john: teacher, it is just like i thought. the county's recent most sucessful coach is hesitant to walk away from a good group of players and a strong recruiting class.

Teacher: bon, you have had your hand up for a while. you are next.
    bon: teacher, it was flattering to hear everyone in sports media write and talk about the texas job being the "best in the country" all week long! i learned you can't always believe what you read!

Teacher: bobby yours is the last hand up. what did you learn?
    bobby: i learned that anyone can learn at any age! teacher, this proves even a 62 year old dumbass who has made $40 million in bad decisions recently can eventually stop scewing up!

Teacher: GREAT JOB!!!! CLASS DISMISSED!!!!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Teacher: ok class, at this moment in time it appears nick saban has made the decision to remain head football coach at the university of alabama. students, if this is in fact coach saban's decision, what have we learned?

Teacher: franco in the front row, you have your hand up.
    franco: teacher, i learned the shopping in tuscaloosa, alabama is better than i thought! i also learned mrs. saban likes ribs and white bread!

Teacher: ok john you're next.
    john: teacher, it is just like i thought. the county's recent most sucessful coach is hesitant to walk away from a good group of players and a strong recruiting class.

Teacher: bon, you have had your hand up for a while. you are next.
    bon: teacher, it was flattering to hear everyone in sports media write and talk about the texas job being the "best in the country" all week long! i learned you can't always believe what you read!

Teacher: bobby yours is the last hand up. what did you learn?
    bobby: i learned that anyone can learn at any age! teacher, this proves even a 62 year old dumbass who has made $40 million in bad decisions recently can eventually stop scewing up!

Teacher: GREAT JOB!!!! CLASS DISMISSED!!!!
    And a question for the teacher. Can you talk to your dog in the derby once you call for the birds?