The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 192 of 226 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Only if ESPN doesn't need the content !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think so. More and More Schools are FAILING to sell they're allotted tickets
    and are having to eat the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Every team that is at least 6-6 (or even 5-7 in some cases) will go to a bowl. A couple of years ago, there were almost not enough teams bowl eligible to fill all the bowls. Often, the conferences with bowl tie-ins won't have enough bowl eligible teams.
    There are WAY too many bowl games. By having so many, including the Fight Hunger and Beef O'Brady bowls, it makes the privilege of playing in a bowl game less special. Now to have a true sixteen team playoff system work, you would need 16 or so bowl games.

Several questions/comments.
    How is a stiff arm to the facemask legal but a defensive lineman lays a hand on a facemask that is illegal use of hands?

Also, I watched several of these situations. Does the secondary realize before a fourth down that an interception down the field does not help unless there is a large return? I guess a defensive back can pad his numbers or knock down the ball and take much better field position.

Did anybody watch the Navy game with that jackass of a number 33? How does he not get thrown out after the first few horrible plays and actions that he had?

I am just glad to see the BCS going away. A playoff system will be much more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by CLindsay View Post
    Several questions/comments.
    How is a stiff arm to the facemask legal but a defensive lineman lays a hand on a facemask that is illegal use of hands?
    Back in my playing days, as a defensive guy, I thought that was one of the biggest injustices around. Nowadays, there are so many more injustices to the defense, it might not even crack the top 10

Also, I watched several of these situations. Does the secondary realize before a fourth down that an interception down the field does not help unless there is a large return? I guess a defensive back can pad his numbers or knock down the ball and take much better field position.
    It is one thing to realize it and another to realize it and act on it in the moment when you have been made to do pushups for dropping an interception in practice since you were 10 years old. My high school team didn't have a serviceable punter so we tried to toss long INTs rather than have one shanked for 5 yards

Did anybody watch the Navy game with that jackass of a number 33? How does he not get thrown out after the first few horrible plays and actions that he had?
    That was the MTSU #33, right? The one who was eventually ejected and forced his coach to call the Navy coaches and QB and apologize for his actions? Not Navy #33, Troy Palomalu's cousin who probably didn't get in the game. Didn't see it but heard the game was very chippy and the announcers were going nuts about MTSU dirty play.

He was ejected. They even had to put a visor on Navy's QB facemask so he wouldn't get his eyes poked out.

That's not what pissed me off. What pissed me off was Wave Ryder(yes that's his name) Ryder got ejected from the game for this hit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...42--ncaaf.html

Absolutely Ridiculous! Those Refs should be FINED!

Any LSU folks notice where Speedy Noil committed? What a nick name!
    Last edited by Wayne Nutt; 01-02-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Any LSU folks notice where Speedy Noil committed? What a nick name!
    He's coming to you Wayne!

A&M's receiver Evans declared for the NFL draft according to the school....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Ryder's ejection was horrible. Replay could have overturned. Navy looked like a Nascar pit crew putting that visor on. Saw where LSU got the number 1 player. Someone said he was at the Outback bowl.