RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#388 · (Edited)
The Longhorn network had an audience share equivalent to a couple hundred people watching, if that many. The Houston Astros had a bigger audience of appx 950 people.
Poor horns.

#389 · (Edited)
Originally Posted by roseberry
dang skippy on that tim. the grand canyon is just a hole in the ground, i am gonna cry like a little baby when saban kicks us to the curb!!!!!!:wink:

Tim Bockmon said:

Wouldn't he and Jerry be a hell of a show?
Ain't room for two he-bulls in Dallas football.

#394 ·
Texas has prostituted itself out with attorney Joe Jamail, by accepting his donations and plastering his name all over DKR Stadium..between him Red McCombs, and Jim Bob Moffat, there isnt a move made on the 40 Acres that doesnt have their approval

#393 ·
And once again, in spite of all that Texas money, he is still coaching at Alabama. I'm sure they were not even close to the only ones to inquire.

It is obvious that, like every other former coach, at some point he will no longer be here. Just like at some point Miles will no longer be at LSU.

#395 ·
It's pretty clear this story broke out today, a few days after another embarrasing loss by UT, to put pressure on ole Mack to step aside. If it was for any other reason it would of broke 9 months ago when these "conversations" went on.
To me, I wouldn't understand why Saban would leave Bama for another college job. Even if it was for 2 million more a year. He has it made where he is at and has a dynasty going on like no other in recent CFB history and it could very well just be in the middle of it. Would he really better him self by going to Texas?Would he be able to win more than he already is? Being 62 yr old does he want to have to rebuild another top tier program? With Saban already being well compensated and having no financial issues to worry about and If UT could pay more money, would the extra 2 million or so a year overcome all the happiness and control he has at this point?

#396 · (Edited)
One other intangible in the UT situation is that since it is a state university, the salary of the head coach must be approved by the Board of Regents, along with an endorsement by the Governor of the State...and last time I checked he was an Aggie thru and thru

Just saw Melissa Stark on the NFL Network....was always wondering what happened to her

#398 ·
Saban on the Texas rumor this evening on his coaches show, Mentions other rumors of the past two years about NFL jobs, and says, "Quite frankly, I'm just too damn old to start all over some place else." lol

Ya'll watching this NC St/ Clemson game. Think Clemson pulls a typical clemson and drops this game? NC state up 7-6 early in 2nd. Lot of game left for anything to happen

#400 ·
I see where Arian Foster admitted today that he received money on the side while at Tennessee...must be what, "Follow the money to the SEC is all about":p:p:p

#401 ·
Did you hear that AJM broke up with his model girlfriend? Anyone have a picture of her?

#404 ·
What game are you watching??? Once again UGA is back to its usual half-assed self. If they are having this much trouble stopping the STELLAR offense of N Texas than what in the world are they gonna do with LSU?? LOSE...thats what. I'm a huge UGA fan but we will NEVER be anything other than mediocre under Richt and Bobo...the only thing we can hope is that Richt and Bobo like some good ole fashioned Texas BBQ...

#412 ·
UF has THE BEST D in Americana. Period.

Georgia fell victim to The Look Ahead game. Big deal. They won going away.

A little over an hour the sun will set in The Western Sky & it will be once again be Sat night in DV. Chance of rain, NEVER!!!!

Tailgating & waiting on the game, regards.

#416 ·
Sumlin is a good sport. He pulled
JF after one series in second half. He was playing kids that weren't even on the depth chart.

Man the refs were flag happy. 29 accepted penalties. More were
Called. Took two hours for the first half.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.