RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#593 · (Edited)
Graham Watson is an idiot and (she) should be banned from writing about sports.

Oregon's Opposition win/loss ratio = 16/19 (What there should push Oregon past Bama?)

She then list two (impressive) wins;
Oregon also has impressive wins at Virginia and against Tennessee
-Virginia(2-4, 5th in the ACC) ROFL!
-& Tennessee(3-3 Team, 0-2 in Conference) played (in) Eugene.

Then she really took a long stroke from the crack pipe and let this spill out her mouth;

...win against a Washington team,
that many regard as one of the best in the country
should speak for itself.
What the?

Yea ok, Mrs. Watson, I think the only thing that speaks for itself here
is your pathetic attempt to build a (case) for Oregon to pass Alabama in the ranking.

Oregon's a great team. No doubt there.
But no way they past Alabama without an Alabama loss.

Anyone could (SAY) that Oregon could beat Alabama, Auburn, LSU, ...etc.etc..... but it's just the same old thing that was said before.

I don't like to theorize when it comes to College Football. I prefer to just watch it.

...but if you're going to (predict) or attempt to, may want to look at the past for starters.

The Bottom Line;
Oregon has beaten 1 ranked team.
Bama has beaten 2 Ranked Teams(one of which they won by a shut-out.)

Oregon has two more ranked teams on the schedule.
Bama has one, maybe two.

Meaning both play/will play (ONLY) 3 Ranked Teams a piece. Maybe one more give/take.

Where's the big (case) for Oregon?

/

#586 ·
Oregon also has impressive wins at Virginia and against Tennessee, which gave Georgia all it could handle last week.
A little advice to a casual observer of college football: Never a good idea to start comparing scores.

Oregon's "impressive wins" were respectively over a team that lost by three touchdowns at home to Ball State U and then lost again yesterday to a team that Florida State beat 63-0, and over a team that hasn't won an SEC game in October in 5-6 years and also had to score in the final seconds then hold on for dear life at home to beat a South Alabama team in its first year as a D1/FBS school.

Wouldn't advise using this kind of math to try figuring out who comes home (again) with the crystal football come January.

MG

#587 ·
From the same Yahoo article:

That Tennessee win is probably on par with Alabama’s triumph against Ole Miss, especially since the Rebels lost last week.
Also, just to show your college football naivete can be contagious, try and understand when Alabama plays/processes your team (as with Ole Miss - and with Texas A&M), or when LSU plays your team (as with Georgia and now Florida), the lights go dim on your team's health for quite a few Saturdays thereafter.

Look at it this way: if it's Oregon v. the SEC again in the 2013-'14 BCS championship game, the Ducks will have a whole offseason to get rehabilitated from the annual SEC (seven in a row;)) annihilation.

MG

#591 ·
But, but, but, the bottom tier teams in the Big XII (or however many there are now) are better than the bottom tier teams in the SEC. LOL

BTW, did anybody notice that plodding, old-fashioned Alabama had almost 700 yards total offense last night? Yes, it was against Kentucky, but still. I thought you had to play tempo to get those kinds of numbers.

#594 ·
Well I caught up with The Florida entourage last night on 110 on their way to the airport. I did see Willie Robertson's wife leave Zaxby's for lunch today in WM. 1st Sprinter I've ever seen. Never knew BMW made something that big. I guess they're doing well these days. Back to The BR & work. No scheduled days off until Thanksgiving break. I'm coming down with West Nile Virus the opening weekend of duck season. Also have to make that LSU/TAMU game. I have to see Johnny Football in person. That will all but punch LSU's ticket to Atlanta. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

#603 ·
Jacob,
Don't let them bait you! You have to remember there are teams that are good enough to be mentioned with the SEC elites and then there's everyone who wished they were good enough to be considered equal to an SEC powerhouse. True football fans know the difference!!!!!!

#605 ·
so they name Jeff Long the AD from Arkansas as the head of the Football playoff committee.....guess the SEC fix is in:rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p

#606 ·
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long has been named the first chairman of the College Football Playoff selection committee.
A news conference will be held Wednesday in Dallas to announce the committee's members.
ESPN and The Associated Press have identified the other 12 members of the committee as:
• Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez
• Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Gould, a former Air Force Academy superintendent
• USC athletic director Pat Haden
• Former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt
• West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck
• Former NFL and Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning
• Former Nebraska coach/athletic director Tom Osborne
• Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich
• Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese
• Former USA Today reporter Steve Wieberg
• Former Stanford/Notre Dame/Washington coach Tyrone Willingham
The selection committee will choose the four teams that advance to the College Football Playoff beginning after the 2014 regular season, as well as rank and place at-large teams in the noncontract New Year's Day bowls -- the Cotton, Fiesta and Chick-fil-A.

#608 ·
i

Might be a 'Game to Remember' from the looks of it.

UNC(1-4) with the lead over #10 Miami(5-0) 17-13 @ Halftime.

Scoring Summary

FIRST QUARTERMIAUNC
MIAFG8:45Matt Goudis 22 yard field goal GOOD.Drive info: 10 plays, 76 yds in 3:12
Watch Highlight
UNCTD5:20Marquise Williams pass complete to Eric Ebron for 71 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Thomas Moore extra point GOOD.Drive info: 2 plays, 76 yds in 0:31
Watch Highlight
MIAFG2:59Matt Goudis 20 yard field goal GOOD.Drive info: 7 plays, 72 yds in 2:21
Watch Highlight
SECOND QUARTERMIAUNC
MIATD12:33Thomas Moore 47 yard field goal BLOCKED returned , Ladarius Gunter for 67 yards, to the NCaro 0 for a TOUCHDOWN. Matt Goudis extra point GOOD.Drive info: 10 plays, 36 yds in 3:25
Watch Highlight
UNCTD9:50Bryn Renner pass complete to Quinshad Davis for 20 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Thomas Moore extra point GOOD.Drive info: 7 plays, 71 yds in 2:43
Watch Highlight
UNCFG3:32Thomas Moore 25 yard field goal GOOD.Drive info: 12 plays, 60 yds in 4:03
Watch Highlight

Team Stat Comparison

MIAUNC
1st Downs713
3rd down efficiency5-125-11
4th down efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards288291
Passing181234
Comp-Att10-2217-25
Yards per pass8.29.4
Rushing10757
Rushing Attempts1722
Yards per rush6.32.6
Penalties3-153-16
Turnovers21
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown21
Possession13:2916:31

#610 ·
Yea a thriller for sure. I thought Miami had it sealed, then UNC drives down the field like an NFL Elite QB lol

UNC QB did throw some pretty awful INT's and the play calling was lacking. The Offsides and Delay of game though on the 2nd to last drive that pushed the 3rd and 1 to 3rd and 10 was killer too.

But a 1-4 Team gave Miami all they could handle and some.

/

#613 · (Edited)
Really? You're basing your stance on the old belief that since one team (Clemson) beat another (Georgia) and that team (Clemson) then gets beat by someone else (Florida State) then by default they (Florida State) must be superior to the team that got beat (Georgia) by the team (Clemson) they (Florida State) beat. Or as you put it a whole conference!!! Are you serious? When was the last time Florida State, Clemson, Stanford, Oregon (never), Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Texas, etc. was even relevant in crowning the best in college football? Let me answer the question for you...about 6 times in the last 20 years. For the record I tried to make this sound as ridiculous as possible to match your comment about the SEC. As far as an SEC school playing a ranked opponent you may want to check the Top 25. It's made up of a bunch of SEC schools that play each other almost on a weekly basis.

#618 ·
I sorry partner, but you clearly miss my point. For your benefit, I will spell C A T for you: The sporting press has anointed the SEC as the premier conference in college football. This is primarily based upon pre-season rankings. The SEC teams play primarily marshmallows out of conference and get the resultant victory. Ergo, those teams maintain their high rankings. When they finally start playing in conference, it is a circle jerk where they rotate positions in the top twenty-five. I understand that it is not of earth shaking significance, but it is an system that is unfairly applied. Why for example is Florida State ranked below Alabama or LSU--teams that they are better than?

I guess us in other regions of the country get tired of the constant chest beating from SEC supporters. If they think they are so great, play some tough non-conference games.

You can ramble on all you want, but the fact remains, SEC teams have played two non-conference ranked teams at the time . .and lost both of them. (And these losses were by two of your darlings: Georgia (before their so-called injury problems and after bitch slapping South Carolina,another little darling) and Florida. So you can pound the table all you want, but you can't offer one piece of evidence that the SEC is that great of conference this year. The evidence just isn't there. Sorry Bubba

#615 ·
coach,
schaeffer is unwilling to verbalize it, but by making these leaps of who beat who logic he confirms for us all that in his heart of hearts he believes that notre dame was a better team than stanford last season. schaeffer logic: if notre dame beat stanford and stanford beat oregon, then notre dame was better than oregon!

btw oregoon has played a ranked team, washington. washington will lose again tomorrow making three in a row. they will also lose to ucla. they will be bowl eligible at the season's end because of a weak schedule. but by tomorrow night they are exposed for the fraud they were built up to be by the west coast biased media in an attempt to give some measure of credibility to any win by the ducks!:D

#616 ·
Roseberry : please post your predictions for the weekend games so I can place my bets accordingly :p:p

#617 ·
in an upset, central florida over louisville by 3.
sc beats the vols by 14.
ducks win by 52 over another big opponent.
ucla beats stanford by 3. this 2nd loss exposes stanford's weakness.....too many white boys!
notre dame beats the trojans by 10 in the "i am only watching because i love the turtle neck, cable knit sweaters of the usc cheerleaders bowl".;-)
lsu beats ole miss by 13 after ole miss has a big rushing first half.
alabama takes a knee and beats the razorbacks by 12.
florida beats mizzou by 3. mizzou can't get it done without franklin.
the aggies sell out, stack the box on defense trying to force auburn to beat them passing. the "booger eaters" still rush for 275 on them. texas a&m wins by 10.
in the biggie of the week, winston finally plays quarterback like a freshman. clemson wins by 3 on the last posession.

bon,
if you can't win in vegas by betting against that.........:razz:

#660 · (Edited)
in an upset, central florida over louisville by 3. Great call - winner
sc beats the vols by 14.- Loser
ducks win by 52 over another big opponent.Loser
ucla beats stanford by 3. this 2nd loss exposes stanford's weakness.....too many white boys! Loser
notre dame beats the trojans by 10 in the "i am only watching because i love the turtle neck, cable knit sweaters of the usc cheerleaders bowl".;-) Winner- agree on the cheerleaders too
lsu beats ole miss by 13 after ole miss has a big rushing first half. BIG LOSER
alabama takes a knee and beats the razorbacks by 12. Winner Duh
florida beats mizzou by 3. mizzou can't get it done without franklin. - Loser
the aggies sell out, stack the box on defense trying to force auburn to beat them passing. the "booger eaters" still rush for 275 on them. texas a&m wins by 10. LOSER
in the biggie of the week, winston finally plays quarterback like a freshman. clemson wins by 3 on the last possession.
BIGGEST LOSER
bon,
if you can't win in vegas by betting against that.........:razz:

after you picked the upset on Friday I actually thought you might have a good week of prognostications so I stayed away from betting any of the games you picked except the LSU/Ole Miss game (I took the Rebels)

Roseberry 3 wins 7 losses

Bon - 5 wins 5 losses....the books won, as they usually do

Now SEC homers have no choice but to hope that Alabama runs the table to continue the SEC stranglehold on the National Championship....looks like its Alabama- Oregon- Ohio St,- Florida State with Missouri and Baylor (maybe the scariest team no one has seen) waiting in the wings..

too bad there isnt a playoff this year

#620 · (Edited)
Hey schaeffer I don't need you to spell anything out! I'll stick to what I posted which is based on facts. You can try all you like but look back over the last 20 years the championships don't lie! Explain who exactly has Florida State played so far this year? I'll let you think about that one. Your argument is kinda, sorta stupid since Florida State is ranked ahead of LSU and since Alabama is the defending champs then maybe they should be ranked ahead of the Seminoles. Or should we all just agree with you since you think they're better? Get a grip! One more thing Enstein, I'm not a fan of Georgia or Florida!

#623 ·
Partner, I couldn't care less if you are a fan of Florida, Georgia or North Dakota State for that matter. But it is kind of sorry and not just a little pathetic to see someone, in an obvious attempt to demonstrate their own intelligence and superiority to refer to the other as ENSTEIN. And yes, Mr. Coachmo, you should agree with me. But more importantly, you should read a little more carefully. With a supreme effort, you might learn something Bubba.

#625 · (Edited)
Wow! Are you really gonna pull that crap after you post an asinine comment about spelling something out for someone? I'm not attempting to show anything except your idiotic point of view regarding college football i.e. The SEC specifically. I gotta hand it to you though on the way you dodged the question in my last post so I'll ask again. What powerhouse has Florida State played so far this year? Come on think about it, think about it! Yeah, that's what I thought!

#633 ·
An observation and a question.

Schaefer, your "partner" and "bubba" schtick is a little idiotic. Doesn't make you look too smart.

Why isn't UCF in the top 25? They beat Lousiville last night. They gave South Carolina everything they could handle a few weeks ago. That team is good.

#638 ·
take a look at the SAT scores from these SEC states and it kinda explains it. To all of you who claim that Oregon plays little but trick football, what can I say? That is simply B.S. I presume that you are including most of the PAC 12. That would include UCLA, Washington and Stanford. And of course the SEC plays real football. Forget Ohio State--just another ho hum team, huh? The fact remains that the SEC has played two ranked non-conference teams this year and lost both games. Brag all you want. Dice it and slice it like you want, but it's a fact that the SEC has got a few good teams this year. A large group of mediocre teams and a few crummy teams. Pretty much like every other BCS conference. Go Ducks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.