RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#1,437 ·
Give them LSU's PK, they win by 2 TDs +.

It's the gumps lack of team speed that caused issues for them on defense. Remember Johnny Football going off on them again?

Perhaps they make that chip shot FG. I know I'm not trusting him to do so. If they pick up the 1st down, it's game over. He was trying to take their will from them.

I'll say again, if they have a legitimate PK, the game isn't close.

#1,441 ·
I see where Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD) is already politicking for a one loss SEC team to be playing in Pasadena...wonder if he will still be chirping if that one loss team turns out to be Missouri

#1,442 ·
It amazes me that everyone talks about OSU's weak schedule but no one mentions FSU's lack luster schedule.

FSU has played one highly ranked team (Clemson). The same Clemson team that IMHO didn't beat anyone either.

As for the Auburn talk. While I truly believe Auburn is a good team they lost to a 3 loss team. You have to win the games you play. Isn't that the name of the game? Win and move on? No, Ohio St. didn't win fancy but they won. You have to remember this was a rivalry game on Michigan's turf. Do you think they were just going to roll over?

I will say this OSU has proven they can score. FSU has yet to be tested by anyone this season, Auburn has been beaten and honestly had that game gone into OT I think Bama pulls it out. Year in and year out we argue the BCS and every year we get two clear cut contenders. Even of the final score is lopsided

#1,447 ·
Well it's official. Mizzou is right on the heels of Alabama in the points.

Therefore if Mizzou wins the SEC,
they will jump Alabama and secure (at least) the Sugar Bowl.

BCSHarris PollUSA TodayComputer Rankings
RKTEAMAVGPVSRKPTS%RKPTS%AVGA&HRBCMKMJSPW%
1Florida State.9948212617.997011546.99741114211.990
2Ohio State.9503322488.947821462.94322222132.960
3Auburn.9233432422.922731437.92713331363.920
4Alabama.8539142262.861741333.86004548474.840
5Missouri.8428552231.849951315.84845453785.830

#1,451 ·
I felt like that Friday Night too. Except it was a dream come true. Sorry.

Zach, Odell and Magee all go down,
Freshman steps in, orchestrates a 99½ yard drive
capped off by a 49 yard perfect pass to another Freshman.
Then on the ensuing drive by Arkansas. Another Freshman sack strips the QB to seal the win.

WOW! Movie like fashion finish.

#1,452 ·
the FSU vs Duke game opened at FSU - 30.....for a conference championship game

The Ohio State -6

Auburn -1.5

Texas +14 vs Baylor.....Horns might be lucky to only be down that much at the half

#1,458 ·
I posted that this was a possibility when Kiffin was canned, and response posts said no way! Hmmm. Bon, I believe it was you that said USC would name a coach by thanksgiving. Pretty darn close.

Now, (since this past weekend)regardless of who actually plays in the NC game we can still debate who should be playing.

#1,455 · (Edited)
I didn't see any of the tweets or emails but Mike and Mike in the Morning said that the AL kicker received death threats, etc. M&M compared this to the Seinfield joke about wearing helmets when riding a motorcycle. "If you have to be told to wear a helmet while riding a motor cycle, is that a brain worth saving?"
I don't know about the joke but death threats is awful for a football player having a bad day. Granted a really, really bad day but shame on the originators of the nasty messages.

#1,461 ·
Dustin, that's brilliant, but if he (Cade Foster) had kicked that last attempt, at least it would've hooked way left and out of the defender's reach as - Lord, does it pain me to say this - unreturnable.

Sarkisian to USC, eh? My, my, shows how little they think of Ed O out there. I'm with Marvin - major opportunity for a Huskie upgrade. Is Dennis Erickson interested in a return, or maybe Ty Willingham?

MG

#1,474 ·
Random Fast Fact;

During November,
Alabama has not defeated an opponent that finished ranked in the Top 10
in the BCS era.
You must venture back to 1999 for the last time Alabama beat a team in November that finished the season ranked. That 1999 win came against 10-2 Mississippi State, a team that scraped by several unranked opponents and did not beat a ranked team.

#1,475 ·
USC might be the easiest place in the country to recruit for. Kind of shows what a jerk Kiffin was that they continually underachieved. I think Ed O is a good guy, and a good coach, but unfortunately his Ole Miss past, and being too much of a regular guy probably don't make it a good fit at USC. I think he's proved that he deserves another shot somewhere.

Mike

#1,477 ·
And Kiffin was still touted as an excellent recruiter. They did pretty well with Ed O! And didn't they start a year as #1 with the Heisman front runner at QB, and end up in the toilet? Surely you can't attribute that to a recruiting ban. Kiffin was a phony. Can you think of another coach who was given so much without ever really proving himself? Wasn't he publicly called a liar when he got booted from Oakland?

#1,478 ·
Kiffin was a pretender as a HC...he played up the family image because of his dad, but he must have been one of these guys that interviews very well, since he was able to sell himself to both Tenn and one of the great BS artists of the 20th Century in Al Davis, and also Mike Garrett at USC...Kiffin might have peaked as a position coach and an OC

#1,483 ·
so Coach O quits in a huff after being passed over for the USC job after being offered the asst head coach position and a pay raise comparable to the Kirby Smart's of the coaching world....now USC will have to go to their bowl game with another interim coach....guess it wasnt all about the kids after all was it Coach O ?

#1,485 ·
In a way, it kind of is about the kids. After being miserable with Kiffin, he taught them to have pride in themselves. They went through a lot together, and accomplished a lot. Then he's given the consolation prize? I coached HS wrestling for 18 yrs, if I were asked to step down and be someone's asst that I felt I was just as good as, if not better..... No thanks! I would bet that it's killing him to leave the kids at this point. At least he's not sitting there faking it, acting like all is well, then bailing. That would send a worse msg to the kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.