RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#305 ·
somewhere up in heaven Bob Gutermuth is smiling about another BIG win for his Crimson Tide...enjoy it Mr G..Roll Tide

#306 · (Edited)
somewhere up in heaven Bob Gutermuth is smiling about another BIG win for his Crimson Tide...enjoy it Mr G..Roll Tide
Betcha he and Bear critiqued it together - probably even swore at JFF, using the King James' version on that middle initial for Manziel's nickname rather than the pithier word that tripped off my tongue two dozen times yesterday. And it wasn't Johnny Arena Football, either - Manziel's a more magical Flutie, pocket passer or whatever else his creativity carries him into.

But lest y'all LSlosers forget, it's 'Bama - beatable as always, uh-huh, but always there at the end under the greatest college coach ever. Courtesy of his being the greatest recruiter ever, as the New York Times thrillingly discovered. Read it and weep (or qu-waaaah-ack if you're a Duck - even with Phil Megabucks Money Knight's fortune on your side). See, Saban goes on recruiting safari for big gamers, and stalks the stalk like nobody else - Wanted: one 6-2 lockdown corner,
pply within.

MG

#307 · (Edited)
LSU laidout the blueprint for beating Johnny Punk last season, without having to give up a thousand yards! Jacob is correct, Bama's Defense is slow, espcecially their D backs. Looking forward to the Nov 9 game in T Town! ;)

#308 ·
schaffe,
yeah i said big but not BIG.....i was wrong! that just shows what i know about college football.
i also sais bama by ten......i was wrong! just shows you what i know about college football.
i also picked miss st over auburn......i was wrong! ^^

but here is one thing i do know. the new "targeting" rule is going to cost some college football team a very important game this season! I sincerly hope the rule helps to keep offensive players safe, but the officials seem to be too jacked up on this thing to allow a play on the ball. it didn't cost alabama a game yesterday.......but one of our favorite teams will be TARGETED and eliminated from contention in a poor enforcement of this new rule this season.

wayne,
great game, great team, great player! best of luck to a&m the rest of the season.

jacob, franco and rbou,
certainly cameron and mettenberger are licking their chops after alabama's defensive performance yesterday. enjoy your time looking forward!;-)

#313 ·
jacob, franco and rbou,
certainly cameron and mettenberger are licking their chops after alabama's defensive performance yesterday. enjoy your time looking forward!;-)
Eh, nothing surprised me. It went about like I figured it would. It was nice to watch the game as a fan of neither team. The targeting penalty was insane. It even made a Facebook status for me.

Moving forward, it'll be interesting to see how the season unfolds. I still don't see how y'all got away with that schedule. The only teams who can matchup with the 3 teams in The Best (Read SEC West.) are each other & Georgia.

#319 ·
since i mentioned the "targeting" penalty, let me go on record as saying i didn't understand giving an a&m defensive player a 15 yard penalty for holding onto a guy he was already tackling before his head gear came off.

#323 ·
if i were a betting man(thank goodness i am not lol) i would like lsu. lsu will win big, but not BIG......last time i said that it didn't turn out too well for me?;-)

definition:
big = 4 touchdowns or less.
BIG = greater than 28 points.

#331 ·
Nah, we just state the facts.

But I do like what Bubba said about UcheaT's preseason ranking
They were also tied for first in the conference before the year began with a record of 0-0.
as analogous to how I'm faring at a field trial until the marshall says "Dog No. 1 to the line"...whether I'm dog No. 1 or not, that's when the reality starts to set in. Just like UcheaT with their upcoming conference schedule.

MG

#336 ·
hillbillys? Wow, I gues if you can't beat them resort to name calling. I will agree with you Alabama has, and had the easy SEC schedule. Thats a whole different discussion. But any schedule in the SEC is tougher than any other conference schedule. The ducks beat a bad Tennesse team that could finish last or close to it in the SEC east. Live it up while you can.

#338 ·
You would think if someone was going to try and insult a group of people they would at least be able to spell the word correctly! As Jacob pointed out it's not hillbillys rather the correct spelling is hillbillies. Schaeffer you seem like an idoit (pun intended)!!!

#343 ·
I think you meant "you're welcome".

#352 ·
I heard that Kiffins (sp?) is going to be the new head coach of the Texas Longhorns.

#368 ·
I, like most on the internet, peck a few sentences out, and hit the send button. I give little regard to spelling or grammar.without little regard as to spelling or grammar.

But there is always somebody who makes an attack based upon grammar or some other minor issue in an apparent attempt to show their intellectual accumen.

Well, you don't "string a correctly written sentence together"----one strings words together to make a correctly written sentence. Doesn't really matter, but think its kinda funny and reminds me about the old adage about "glass houses".

#361 ·
The sky is falling in Nebraska! We lost a football game and 2 year old audio tape of our coach venting and using profanity was released. There is nothing else on the news in this state.
Ol' Bo needs to harmonically converge with some of them laid-back British Labs y'all got out there in Nebraska - I recommend Maj. Bud Clouse of Dublem Gundogs - to help him get that personality disorder under control before he comes back to LSU and replaces Le Smiles (who's headed to Austin according to my "sources").

MG

#364 ·
It was meant to be funny - think Little Bo Profane Peep has had his "limb" been cut off the Saban coaching tree in disgrace too. But speaking of Saban's coaching tree, maybe you'll get Muschamp back in Baton Rouge instead - unless Tejas chooses him first should Le Smiles not take ol' Mack out of his rocking chair. But I think Muschamp would be purrrfect for the purple kitties.;-)

MG

#371 ·
jacob,

an analogy to try and help.

for millions and millions of years the colorado river has carved the wonders of the grand canyon. this eon was a little rainy and canyon development was significant, that eon was a little dry and the river's impact on the canyon is less. the river always runs, it is always working its wonders on the canyon.

bama football is like the grand canyon. the most awe inspiring and beautiful feature within the landscape of college football. some years in the bottom of the canyon where the battle takes place you have a Paul Bryant or a saban. in these years the canyon's features are embelished. some years you have mike dubose, some years ncaa sanctions and you can barely see an impact. when saban leaves alabama(and he will leave alabama) there could be a little flow redirected to wash some brackish water out the bayou for a year or two. who knows?

saban has been huge. saban may continue to be huge at bama. but saban aint bigger than bama. he may leave, but the natural order of things is always eventually restored and the tide will just keep on rolling, with nick, without nick.:p

p.s. i bet when saban is at texas and bama kicks his butt in the "football tournament" he wont cry because he lost whoever his "colt mccoy" is that year!;-)

#372 ·
Schaeffer, I pretty sure it's not "can't strings", but that's besides the point. You come on here and try to question the intelligence of an entire region and look like a jackass doing it. Bjoiner, I really don't care about the spelling or grammar I was making a point. Now if you want to really talk football...

#373 ·
Which one of you were reffing Saturday nite in AZ????????????:monkey:

#375 ·
Les Miles to Texas...not a chance, he has no ties to the university at all

Nick Saban to Texas...sounds plausible, but it will all depend on who the AD is. Texas is all about image, its not about the money, Texas will always take the safe route, not neccessarily the best pick..They will go after someone who says all the right things and doesnt have a lot of skeletons in their closet..Texas also doesnt want to think they have to buy a coach to bring home championships..the egos on Guadalupe and Red River St are the biggest in the state

IMO they will go after someone like Chris Peterson from Boise St, or the coach from Stanford, whose name escapes me right now..whoever they decide on it will leave Texas fans scratching their head and saying WHO

#376 · (Edited)
I few years ago I would agree with you. But, I think when they do pull trigger they will want success now not in a few years. They need someone with a national name to bring in the recruits from outside Texas now that A&M is making a name for itself. But they need to do something. Mack has out stayed his welcome.

#386 ·
Sometimes knowing when to leave as a coach is more important than knowing when to stay. What is the name of that former NFL coach failure that went back to a left coast college and was never gonna leave then left and moved to a north left coast NFL team and is doing pretty good. Memory goes as we get older......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.