RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#200 ·
I don't know of Lane Kiffin. Just a team member?

#202 ·
wayne,
lane is the troubled coach of the university of southern california trojans. my beef with lane kiffin is for the disrespect he showed one of my "second favorite" sec programs when he left the university of tennessee a few years ago.

leach's team, washington state beat usc late saturday. my statement above may have been harsh. if i discounted what the young James boy actually suffered by comparing it to usc's loss saturday, i am sorry.

but i still don't like lane kiffin!;-)

#203 ·
that would be a good move for him. he could get any player he wanted in the state of texas then!

oh wait......he can do that from where he is now!;-)

why would the longhorns want saban, he aint even beat the aggies yet?:mad:

#204 ·
Why would Saban go to Texas? Could he be any better off than he is?

#207 ·
franco,
saban would consider it a huge challenge to build a historic second tier program like texas into a winner. you and jacob may be onto something!;-)
in tuscloosa mrs. saban has people who do her shopping for her. as for dining, she has people who eat for her too!

/paul,
that qb looks very fast!
i think the vols will consider anything within 4 td's to be an indicator the program is on its way back!

#213 · (Edited)
How far from Ttown to Atlanta?
Looks like the CBS tv coverage of the game of the century is getting out of hand. CBS is adding an extra camera that will be on JF all th time. Pregame interview with the two qbs, etc.
And ESPN game day too.
AL is favored by 9 points.
It may be a game like LaTech vs. TAMU last year. Whoever has the ball last wins.
I am concerned about our D.
I am always worried. When I was at tamu it was tamc and we hardly ever won a game unless we were playimg Trinity or some other small college.

#214 ·
T Town to Atlanta about 5 hours of driving. There is some shopping in B'ham(45 minutes) but not much compared to Atlanta. I don't expect Bama's game with T a&m to be close. I haven't even looked at the point spread yet but I would take Bama to cover the points.

#215 ·
Franco you may be right or you may be wrong. In the end there are only two possible outcomes.

#217 ·
Mr. Hawkes, I made it clear, prior to the beginning of the season, that the Oregon Ducks are the cream of the crop. My statement reflects the simple fact that the SEC is getting wacked when they play out of conference. Tally it up buster. The SEC is a media darling, period. Watch Tennessee this weekend. You will see a dismantling and ill bet you a dollar to a doughnut that they end up at the least, in the middle of the SEC pack. A joke.

#218 ·
Nothing like winning 7 consecutive National Championship games to make a conference media darlings is there?

I agree Oregon will whip Tutorsee this weekend, and Oregon may very well be good enough to win it all this season but to think you can judge the SEC by Tennessee's 2013 football team would be silly. You are talking about a football program that has been struggling pretty badly for several years (nowhere near middle of the SEC) and is now in another transition with a whole new coaching staff. Tennessee will not stay down forever, but they are down right now and typically with a new coaching staff the big improvement isn't seen until year 2. This is year 1.

#229 ·
I'm obviously not Jacob but we are talking about my team. Go online and read the article...not a peep about Les. Players named but not any "boosters". Boosters at every school, every school can be out of control. I say, "Pay the players"! They make so much money for the university, and yes they do have the scholarship, but, cash is all around them. If it wasn't for the Swimsuit Issue, SI would be non existent their circulation is that poor. They are desperate for a story. Nothing will come of this, just SI trying to get some attention in a non-swimsuit edition.

#239 ·
Honesty and integrity something that is totally lacking from the suits at the ncaa, to the suits at the university collegiate level, to the coaches on the sidelines, to the players on the field. Step into the real world Wayne they are all corrupt. Wake up America. lol

#238 ·
"Fields disputed the credibility of the players quoted in the story. Five of those players were dismissed from Oklahoma State for various reasons."Anyone that played at OSU or is from Stillwater knows those guys [quoted] are not credible," Fields told McMurphy. "If you thought guys were getting paid, why not prominent players instead of backups and third-string guys?"

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-state-cowboys-players-got-paid-les-miles-era

#244 ·
I certainly don't think so. It's almost over hyped. I like Sumlin's response to the Johnnycam. He said he has always emphasized "team" and the focus on one individual is misplaced
Or something like that.

#248 ·
Look for a new BTHO Alabama by Rowdy and me on Friday. Rowdy has been practicing.

#250 ·
What is a Carl Jr commercial? I want to be on the outlook.

#251 ·
Carls Jr is a burger chain which originated in SoCal, but has since been purchased by Hardee's..they have featured commercials with Paris Hilton,Heidi Klum,Kate Upton....and AJ McCarron's girlfriend who has appeared in the SI Swimsuit issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.