RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#709 ·
Look at this ridiculousness; 7 play drives ended on fumbles, 8 play drive turnover on downs....nastiness.

South Carolina Drive Summaries
STARTQTRPOSS.YARDPLAYSYARDSRESULT
15:00101:23SCAR 2037Punt
12:27100:26SCAR 4830Punt
09:55105:40SCAR 281154Field Goal Missed
01:23103:53SCAR 24747Fumble
09:01203:15SCAR 27771Fumble
04:16200:34SCAR 25211Interception
01:55200:57SCAR 9520Turnover on Downs
00:35200:35SCAR 712End of Half
12:37302:29SCAR 8855Turnover on Downs

#714 ·
How about this Oregon St vs Stanford Game?

The #1 Passing team in the nation is doing just that,
but cannot finish the drives.

Stanford Defense has the bend don't break philosophy going on strong.

Look at Mannion's stats;
Oregon State Passing
C/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
Sean Mannion35/442285.210

Stanfords QB?
Stanford Passing
C/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
Kevin Hogan8/18884.900

Stanford looks like some of the National Championship Teams of this past decade.
Play Great Defense, Run the ball and make a few passes along the way.

/

#722 · (Edited)
LSU vs. TAMU is shaping up to be a good game. No 12 vs. 13. Aggies have two more tune up games to improve the D. Who does LSU play the next two weeks?
Edit: Alabama and a bye week. Oh great the Tigers get two weeks to prepare.

#723 ·
I think LSU loses to Bama & A&M.
Chavis does not have the talent to put forth a game plan to play a full 4 quarters. It takes a whole half for him to get them lined up and the secondary is as weak as it's been in a long time. Something Both Bama and A&M will exploit.

Of course we all know LSU has attitude problems where they like to play to the competition(dumb) so they could come out strong against Bama,
but they'll succumb to the pure outmatched talent in Tuscaloosa.

Now I think if the D Line plays with discipline, containing Johnny,
LSU might have a chance to slow down the A&M offense and have a high scoring game of some sort.

Manziel to Evans > Wallace to Moncrief so...yea...

Think about it like this. If LSU does win out their next 3 games, LSU goes to the SEC Championship Game. Does that sound realistic for this team?

#724 ·
The only way LSU could go to Atlanta is if the gumps lose to both LSU & AU, LSU wins the last 3 games of the year, & if AU loses another game along the way.

Now if you're soo confident about LSU losing to both the gumps & TAMU, put your money where your mouth is. We can start @ a grand in hand & go up from there. Make it easy on yourself.

#735 ·
The only way LSU could go to Atlanta is if the gumps lose to both LSU & AU, LSU wins the last 3 games of the year, & if AU loses another game along the way.

Now if you're soo confident about LSU losing to both the gumps & TAMU, put your money where your mouth is. We can start @ a grand in hand & go up from there. Make it easy on yourself.
I've paid my dues. I can have an opinion without betting anything. ;)

Regardless I didn't say anything about being confident. You can quote me next time for accruacy.

#725 ·
Man you guys talk like there are no other teams capable to go to the NC. Bama is a given, but I can think of two other teams that have a shot at the NC.

#732 ·
Paul's comments were funny! We can't help it that most of the nation doesn't pay attention to the Pac 10 or Big 10;-) As far as Ohio State goes, how many points did LSU beat them by a few season's ago when we played them in the Championship game? Until teams in the Pac 10, Big 10, Big 12 beat a top tier SEC team, don't expect us to take anything said as being serious. They couldn't beat the two or three best teams in the ACC.

#736 · (Edited)
Congrats to your #49 Rated Strength of Schedule
with opponents being 30-29 ;)

and actually.......let me take us back to Jan. 7th 2008.

Ohio st did jump out to a 10-0 lead. However that last FG(Amazing 51 yarder) with 9 minutes left in the 1st Qtr. would be the last time they got close to scoring until it was 31-10 with the 3rd Qtr coming to an END when Ohio St scored their 2nd TD of the game. Handed to them after a M. Flynn INT inside the LSU RedZone by who dat?(-Now Saints-Malcolm Jenkins). Ohio St had 11 yards to go. Their best start for a drive the whole game. I would hope any team in the Championship could move 11 yards for a TD.

After that LSU eats some clock and Fischer kicks a MONSTER punt.

OSU is driving and they get stuck with a 4th and 7. Down 14 points, they go for it.
Boeckman is crushed by Highsmith and the Tigers recover the fumble.

Ohio St played good Defense and LSU punts.

Ohio St is driving when Boeckman throws an INT to Taylor.

With under 6 minutes left to play LSU puts a fantastic mixed 9 play 4 minute drive for a Touchdown
right down Ohio States throat. It would be the dagger.

At this point in the game the score is 38-17 with 1:42 seconds left to play.

The Game is over on all accounts. In fact a coach gets a Gatorade bath and Fans are seen holding up the No. 1 LSU National Championship Newspapers in the stands.

Ohio St needs 3 touchdowns to tie. After a good return, they get one.

LSU kneels out for the win on their following possession.

Buckeyes played a hell of a game though.

........so, that was fun. :D

#739 ·
It is fun to reflect on glory days when you face an 8-4 season. The face of the Buckeyes is different with Meyer and 20 consecutive wins. Let the chips fall where they may for the Title game.

When I read :"They couldn't beat the two or three best teams in the ACC" from a booster whose own team his 7-2 and haven't played any of the top 3 themselves..well I get suspicious.

#740 ·
How many LSU fans does it take to change a light bulb?

0 they are still talking about the old one.

#741 ·
How many LSU fans does it take to change a light bulb?
hnt and metal,

take it easy on my friends from bayou country. i don't think dustin was the one who brought up the closeness of the game he provided play by play on.....was he?

the thing you need to remember is that miles and saban sent coach meyer away needing to "spend more time with his family". taking him at his own word and admiring him for his decision, it becomes evident to the rest of the country that the big 10 must be weak. meyer himself has made the big 10 where an sec coach goes to post a record of 20 and 0......and still be afforded plenty of time with his family!;-)

#742 ·
I didn't bring it up, I just delivered my opinion on the comment.

So let's see, you can't have an opinion unless you wager money and now you can't talk about the past?

You guys got some hidden rules I don't know about?
Is there a time limit on when football talk becomes irrelevant, like no further back than 12 months from the current date or something?
..... sounds to me like you guys got some pinned up anger issues ... sort of like your favorite team got an azz whoopin and you still haven't got over it or something....

#743 ·
Dustin, you talk about LSU this year like they are the best team on the field. All you have is the past.
At least we can say we didn't get beaten like a red headed step child by a no name team.

I'll be the first OSU fan to say that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat Bama any time soon. Thank God for Big 10 coach to save them. LOL

#745 ·
Dustin, you talk about LSU this year like they are the best team on the field.
Please sir, I beg you, to show me where I said any such thing.

All you have is the past.
Should I be talking about Future Games/Championships that I don't yet know about and obviously haven't happen yet?

Weird...

At least we can say we didn't get beaten like a red headed step child by a no name team.
Please tell me you're not talking about the past? b/c that's all I have right? and that's taboo I thought.

But if you are referring to the Ole'Miss game, I do find that incredibly interesting and complex.
Complex b/c here we now have another Ohio St fan saying that a loss in which the losing team tossed two critical interceptions in the RedZone and the EndZone and had a muffed punt, came back and tied the game and then lost by a Field Goal as Time expired.

THAT you'd consider getting beat like a red-headed step child......
.......but losing 38-17 with 1:42 left to play in the National Championship is NOT?

Interesting you Ohioans are.

#747 · (Edited)
I think LSU is a good team.
But perhaps not good enough to be casting stones this year on the unbeaten ones. ;-)

I get your point sir, but in the end, I'm just talking football facts.
It has nothing to do with what team I pull for as a fan.
:cool:

On LSU, yes I think they're good too, but they are clearly young. I mentioned during the draft that LSU fans should be happy to go 8-4 in 2013.
The beginning of the season had us thinking differently with Zach looking a lot better and Odell and Landry. Reality set in as the season got gritty and now we’re back thinking what we were in the summer. 8-4.

I seriously do not THINK LSU overcomes Bama. Not unless there is some form of Melt-Down with McCarron.(Not likely)
That's not to say I don't think they can beat Bama, just not straight up with no mistakes, not without some Bama help.

But NO ONE thought Ole'Miss would beat LSU. But they didn't take a Zach M. melt-down into affect either.
Thus Ole' Miss won the game b/c they kept themselves in it to win. They (were) the best team on the field that day)

But like always, College Football is one of the most volatile and unpredictable sports. You just never freaking know!

I'm a realist, a humble fan. My post above are not tied to anything to do with 2013 LSU.

I posted in context of the game mentioned. 2007 Ship Game.

2013 LSU? I'm taking it one game at a time......that's what kind of team they are this year.

#753 ·
dont forget an undefeated Big 12 champion Baylor mucking up the picture, their strength of schedule will only get better if they run the table vs Tech>OU>Texas

#759 ·
There are 8 undefeated teams left...will be down to 7 after the FSU/Miami game this weekend...Fresno State and N.Illinois may finish unbeaten and may get an at large bowl bid....so that leaves 5...of those POTENTIAL unbeatens, Baylor does not have to play in a conference championship, whereas FSU,Bama,Oregon, Ohio St would all have to fend off one last challenge with a BCS bowl on the line...and then there will inevitably be an argument if one of those loses in their conference championship game by a squeaker, but I hope we get two undefeated teams playing for it all

#766 ·
Seriously? I can appreciate you having a disappointing season and no chance at the Title game but calling people names won't make you any better.

My 'idiot' math of 8-4 is based on you likely losing to two teams ranked better the you (Alabama and Texas A&M). You lost to Georgia and Ole Miss (please remind me of their ranking?)

I gave you credit for beating Arkansas.

Your 7-2 now. No title game is gonna happen or I'd have said 8-5.

I'd have drawn you pictures but I ain't got time. Only focus now is the top 4.

Suck it up and call it a rebuilding year.

#775 ·
As much as I hate to admit. I watched the Crimson Tide on Saturday and they looked scary big, strong and fast
On any given Saturday that's a common occurrence among the elite. Not everyone has the depth to look that way all season long. But I guess that's why some play powerhouses like Georgia State midseason to stay healthy.

The Sam Janklovich method of keeping your ratings up :).

#774 ·
the last time O(bnoxious)State U played in the Championship game I remember all the sports casters in at least Cincinnati sure shut up bout how great the buckeyes were.

#777 ·
You think it's obnoxious down there you should live in Cbus!! But let's not confuse show business with football. Like we've seen here, many a listener will dial in for what they want to hear. Cause when heard, it can then be believed.

This year the word has been a bit more realistic. I suspect on the heels of BCS changes next year. Heck - commentators were airing on the side of caution with Penn State given a fine freshman QB and a couple good receivers. As it turns out 63-14 was enough to win the game.

The difference for the Bucks is Meyer. He don't walk on water but Tressel played not to lose. It ain't that way now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.