RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#1,495 ·
I'm not super happy about the Sarkesian hire. He's kind of reminds me of Lane Kiffen, but not as bad. I miss Pete Carroll, I know a lot of people hate him, but I think he's a great coach. look at what he has done in Seattle. As for USC, Carroll made Trojan football exciting like the old McKay- Robinson years.

#1,496 ·
John : I think Sark is a lot closer to being Pete's boy than being another Lane Kiffen...remember that Sark was tutored by Norm Chow both at BYU and at USC..I remember Sark playing QB at El Camino CC, and then BYU...he was a darn good QB...I think he will be good at USC, and FTR I have always been a Bruin fan

#1,501 ·
well Jim Mora Jr is staying at UCLA and Oregon QB Mariota is coming back for another season....

#1,502 ·
That's not all bad - though I think Mora would have been a good hire by the Huskies, the thought that he is in LA making recruiting tough for (I'm doing this for my family) is a pleasant thought.

#1,505 ·
Hate to see Mett's College career end this way with an ACL. However, looking forward in seeing more of Freshman QB Jennings. Looks like the kid is mobile and has an accurate arm.

#1,509 ·
#1,531 ·
#1,517 ·
LSU recruits very good athletes and then are taught/coached very good defensive techniques that help them go to the next level

USC recruits some very good athletes, the pro style sets that they have played the last couple of decades helps those athletes transition well into the next level

Texas used to recruit some very good athletes, they had a good run of defensive players play at the next level,but only a sprinkling of offensive players...Texas has not had the reputation lately of having well coached athletes

#1,529 ·
There is no possible way to read all of these posts.

However, a lot of SEC coaches are from Ohio, including both in this weekends championship game, or have gone though Ohio college programs like Miami, Toledo, Cincinnati, Youngstown and yes even Ohio State. (Nick Saban)

This also transfers directly over into the NFL like the Harbaugh Bowl last year.

BYW OSU is not that good of a team this year but they would fill a stadium in Fairbanks, Alaska with their alumni.

#1,536 ·
but did all those players at their respective schools come from the state where the school exists....all the big programs recruit nationally, highly doubt the 27 NFL players from Oregon played their HS ball in that state

#1,541 ·
A winner, yes. He's also on the best team of all the QBs out of that draft class. There's a lot to be said about that. I never said he wasn't good or anything like that. I know what he can do. I've watched him since he was @ NC STATE. It's just that Andrew Luck is it. Andrew Luck's 40 time is a 4.6 compared to Russell Wilson's 4.55. That's not really noticeable enough to say one is mobile & the other one isn't. Andrew Luck has good mobility and is the "Prototypical QB". Russell Wilson plays on a team with a great defense, arguably the toughest home stadium in The NFL to win @, and has all the parts around him to be very good. I appreciate his game & what he brings to the table. I just know who the better QB is.

#1,544 ·
looks like the Washington Huskies have talked Boise State HC Chris Peterson into taking their vacant coaching job...I think its a good fit for Peterson, he is a good guy and was reluctant on moving his family out of the Boise area

It will be interesting to see if BSU tries to get either former OC's Bryan Harsin or newly unemployed Brent Pease to return to Boise...I hope that for Bryan and his family that he gets a shot at coming home

#1,557 ·
Gotta make one last ditch effort on CFB predictions before the Bowl games...the following picks are based on the point spread and are for entertainment purposes only

1. Saban signs an extension with Bama and Mack get a temporary stay of execution

2. Texas vs Baylor- line started at 14 and jumped to 16.5 this evening....I wont bet against my Horns but if I did they wont come close on the game, it could get real ugly...Bears roll

3. Missouri vs Auburn- line opened at 3 but is down to a pickem tonight...Mizzou is a 15 yard completion by SC from coming into this game undefeated..Auburn has run out of miracles and is emotionally spent after the last two week...Tigers win....yes I know the are both Tigers.. Mizzou wins by a touchdown

4. OSU vs Michigan State- line is OSU minus 5.5...Buckeyes break the SEC's heart and wins game will finish right on the number and you will win/lose by the hook

5. FSU vs Duke- line is FSU minus 30, but Jimbo will call off the dogs and not embarass Cutcliffe, no way I would lay 30 points in a conference championship game

6. Oklahoma vs Oklahoma St- Bedlam in the freezer on a slick frozen field..OkSt -10, they wont lose in Stillwater at least not this year

Your turn Roseberry...unless you are at the FT this weekend

#1,558 · (Edited)
Only one team in the Big 10 has beaten everyone of their conference opponents by double digits.

...and it's not Ohio St. I think Mich St.'s Offense might surprise today.

However...I've only seen one team really successful at locking down a Mobile QB...and that team doesn't play in the Big 10/

But Mich St is stuffing the Rush on a serious level. They're #1 in opposing the Rush and have only allowed 777 (64.8 yds a game) rushing yards this entire season.
Yet Ohio St isn't far behind @ #5.

But Mich St has the #3 Scoring Defense in the Nation.

Ohio St hasn't look the greatest, and their Defense has gone missing at times. But I would not pick against them in this matchup. The edge goes to Urban and the fact that they are ONE GAME AWAY from playing in the National Championship.
Ohio St wins.

.....unless Buckeye players have been reading tabloids
and think whether they win or not they are not going to the NC Title game...lol
doubtful

#1,560 ·
go Sparty !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.