RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#2 ·
Florida overrated, LSU underrated, Johnny Football and A&M is a sinking ship, Bama is tough as always, but will drop a game even with their cupcake schedule, Georgia could be there in the end, but has to prove they can win the SEC.... which has eluded them as of late. Ole' Miss will upset some teams this year and will be a factor, but in the end the SEC will hold the Crystal ball again over the Buckeyes in January.

This is the best time of the year...

#4 ·
LSU underrated..........This is the best time of the year...
eric,
you and jacob are correct. LSU is underratted and not getting much media love. this "missing respect" will motivate the bengal tigers throughout the season.

i too think LSU will sneak up on some folks this year...........well they did vote at least one guy back on the team that will sneak up on some folks!!!!!;-) just had to get the low hanging fruit out of the way!!!

#5 ·
All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

les will never allow a qb to get those numbers. more like 2500 18 and 9. all these people think LSU is under rated? i seem to remember a herd of tigers leaving after last year.

tcu will upset them 1st game of the year

now for my hogs im just hoping to make it 6-6. anything over that is over achieving. lost our starting lb to a broken arm and a wr to acl last week. as well as one of our TEs to collarbone

i think ohio state will disappont now that they are off probation. alabama and oregon in bcs. the game we've waited 4 years to see in the last year of BCS

#8 ·
Naw it wont be LSU.... they will get to a key spot in the season and then they will lose. Their fans will cry about an under-inflated ball, or the field was too big, or the bats being made of soft aluminum... oh wait we are talking football.

Wrong season regards!

With all that said, I am sure my team will be in one of the toilet bowls that start like in November and we will be happy for it! Go Beavs.

#10 ·
Don't rule South Carolina and the Old Ball Coach out!

#12 ·
i'll take over rated for $1000 alex.

"this over rated Big 10 school is 0-10 against the SEC in bowl games."

who is ohio state?

correct

Enjoy being put back on probation and your program collapsing after Meyer has another "health issue" (aka he see's the writing on the wall for the next year)

#14 · (Edited)
Tar Heels!......oh wait is the baseball or baskeball? Never mind. Seriously tho This is the fist time in a loooong time we have the same coach and a decent QB as the last yr and the whole O line is returning from last season. Maybe not a National contender but I think they will do well.
And look out Mr Mcracken we are coming down to SC to win! Stevie is gonna think he woke up and was back at Dook lol

#19 ·
Blake, I tend to agree with you, but don't forget LSU has a new OC. I think they will be a little better passing team, but I don't think they are going to change enough to get to the numbers Jacob is talking about. If they do, look out, because they'll be awfully hard to handle.

I see the LSU fans this year being about where we were before 2010 with all the reloading stuff. There's no doubt there are talented players to step up where folks left. But there's something about the experience of the guys who have been through the wars and just know what to do and where to be that is not so easily reloaded. Time will tell, as it always does.

#23 ·
bubba,
it's the kinder, gentler, more rational jacob. don't let him fool you. he is just towing the line with the "downplay lsu" crowd.

jacob,
if mett plays in every game this season the way he played the '12 bama game, i predict he will throw for 4,000 yards!

#36 · (Edited)
I agree that both stories you mentioned are fantastic examples of the good that comes from college football. My point was merely that it is nice to see a school with high academic standards competing at the highest levels of college football...A feat many feel isn't possible anymore. I respect their recent success. But hey, if winning is all that matters knock your socks off just be careful what you wish for. I'd prefer that college football not resemble the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...carolina-because-classes-where-091739231.html

interesting that the above claims to have picked USC over UGA when UGA hadn't even offered.

#42 ·
All you Georgia fans who are worried about LSU better back up and worry about the Gamecocks. Carolina's had Georgia's number for the past few years.

#43 · (Edited)
All you Georgia fans who are worried about LSU better back up and worry about the Gamecocks. Carolina's had Georgia's number for the past few years.
South Carolina? I'm worried about Clemson. If we are 1&1 against SC I'll be happy .

#44 ·
someone please explain how UGA QB Aron Murray gets picked ahead of Heisman QB Johnny Football as the Pre season All SEC First Team Selection..gimme a break

#47 ·
plus bon,

murray proved in the sec championship game that he can take an nfl hit and bounce right back!!!! he is a great qb......not very alert as a defensive player though!;-)

to your point however......no one ever hit "johnny arena football"!(this new nickname is to be used only if he cannot stay sober and refrain from contact with super models for the next week or two)

#49 ·
well all you SEC fans I can almost guarantee a big W when you play KY. The round ball so surpasses the pigskin that we will never get the kind of players to be anything but so so. The kids will play their hearts out but don't have the depth to be up to normal in the SEC.

#53 ·
The Ducks were a missed field goal on a chip shot away from winning the National Championship. They have best team ever. Guaranteed to win in the National Championship. I know about all you SEC doubters---just watch how bad they destroy Tennessee in about four weeks. You'll get the picture

#62 · (Edited)

This is the final strength of schedule rankings from 2012. 7 of the 10 are SEC schools. I'm still looking for the PAC-12 schools.

1. Florida
  2. Missouri
  3. Texas A&M
  4. Auburn
  5. Kentucky
6. Arkansas
7. Ga. Southern
8. Notre Dame
9. LSU
10. Kansas
I'm still looking for Bama's strength of schedule, talk about a cream puff schedule. November 9th, circled in purple!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.