The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 114 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Dustin, I don't know what to tell you, we were in the game that was for the NC and we won. I didn't play in the game and I don't make up the rules. You boys from the SEC just have heartburn over everything. It is humorous...
    canine n. Synonymous with courage, valor, trust, selflessness. If we learned to be half of what dogs are, the world would be a much better place

Quote Originally Posted by 2labs View Post
    Rookie Trainer, I understand Alabama Football is steep with tradation as other programs not mentioned until page 29. My only comment back is all 5 of our NC trophies are whole, in-tact, not one of them displayed was cut in half. But if you want to take away any part of our NCs, I understand. You are once again part of the SEC the only place football has ever been played.
    I would think we should use the same measuring stick for all then.
    (You) didn't finish #1 by the AP that year, nor did (you) play against the #1 team.

How is that considered a National Championship Season for Nebraska?
    Last edited by Dustin D; 11-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Dustin ask someone who made up the rules. Or if we only claim 4 NC does that mean that LSU is a better program because it has 5 NC as well? Oh wait, you only have 3.
    You are all about STATS so I showed what STATS we have. You don't like the STATS to bad,,, its in the books.
    canine n. Synonymous with courage, valor, trust, selflessness. If we learned to be half of what dogs are, the world would be a much better place

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I would think we should use the same measuring stick for all then.
    (You) didn't finish #1 by the AP that year, nor did (you) play against the #1 team.

How is that considered a National Championship Seaon for Nebraska?
    You got a correct, there is only one measuring stick the AP, LSU finished second in 2003 nor did you play against the #1 team. Quite funny watching you speak out of both sides of your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    You got a correct, there is only one measuring stick the AP, LSU finished second in 2003 nor did you play against the #1 team. Quite funny watching you speak out of both sides of your mouth.
    Well tell him that. He's the one counting 1997 for Nebraska.

Dustin ask someone who made up the rules. Or if we only claim 4 NC does that mean that LSU is a better program because it has 5 NC as well? Oh wait, you only have 3.
    You are all about STATS so I showed what STATS we have. You don't like the STATS to bad,,, its in the books.
    Are talking about LSU now? i thought we were talking about 1997 Neb.. Are you lashing out? lol

LSU has two BCS National Title Trophy's. I have no idea what that means to you or anyone else but no one else.

My point. In 1997, (you) didn't end the Season #1 nor did (you) play against the #1 Team. Just the facts

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Well tell him that. He's the one counting 1997 for Nebraska.
    You already have and you are correct, Michigan took home the Championship trophy, the only one that counts, the one that has stood the test of time.

The reason we have a BCS today is because the AP was too political. The BCS is all encompassing when ranking teams. The best system to date short of a playoff system. In regards to the 2003 Championship, USC couldn't do it on the field of play so the AP came to their rescue!
    Last edited by Franco; 11-13-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Dustin, mngundog, time to go home for the day so with that said, We have a NC trophy in our case for 1997. In a thread on a dog forum where it is all about details, stats, and impressions. I will leave you with this. #1 Michigan beat #8 ranked Washington State by 5 points.... #2 ranked Nebraska beat #3 ranked Tennessee (with a decent QB that you might have heard of) 42-17. If two games of this similarity were played in todays BCS world... you both are lying if you wouldn't agree the more impressive win amongst unbeatens wasn't given to the #2 ranked team beating up on a #3 ranked team over a close 5 point win against a #8 team. Dustin with you from the SEC I know you will not say that Washington State was a tougher opponent than Tennessee, that wouldn't be keeping it in the family...

time to go home for the day so with that said
    'Huskeroo, the LSU boys are taking it easy on you in sympathy for y'alls' getting stuck out there with Bo Pellini. But the good news is brother Carl might be rejoining him and who knows, in another 4-5 years, y'all might well be competing in the B1G for conference championships again.

You can also take consolation in the fact that the '71 Huskers (destroyed the Crimson Tide 38-6 in the Orange Bowl as you noted) were the greatest college team at least in my lifetime. All those All-Americans didn't do much in the NFL - Jerry Tagge? Lord help the Green Bay Packers - but nobody since collegiately compares to that Nebraska team from where I sit.

MG
    Last edited by crackerd; 11-13-2013 at 05:16 PM.