The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 117 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    USC didn't play a Conference Championship that season, playing one less BIG game than LSU!

but but but...THE AP!!!

I wonder if folks realize the AP Voters are definitely NOT majority based in the South.

They're just Media Personnel with an agenda. They're not Football players, they're not experts.
    They're Media Sports Writers who's jobs depend on JUICY stories, Cinderella Tales and controversy.

Yea, a real trust worthy group of people.

Meanwhile...

#15 N.Illinois trying to keep their (Non-AQ)BCS Bowl hopes alive.
    Ball St working on an upset.

1 2 3 4 T
    BALL (9-1) 7 17 3 27
    #15 NIU (9-0) 3 17 7 27
    Last edited by Dustin D; 11-13-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    but but but...THE AP!!!

I wonder if folks realize the AP Voters are definitely NOT majority based in the South.

They're just Media Personnel with an agenda. They're not Football players, they're not experts.
    They're Media Sports Writers who's jobs depend on JUICY stories, Cinderella Tales and controversy.

Yea, a real trust worthy group of people.
    and UPI,Reuters, CFBWAA, USAToday, CNN, ESPN, FOXSports1,CBS Sports, NBCSports, Harris Poll,Legends Poll are any better...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    and UPI,Reuters, CFBWAA, USAToday, CNN, ESPN, FOXSports1,CBS Sports, NBCSports, Harris Poll,Legends Poll are any better...
    If (ALL) their votes were combined, YES! it would be better than (JUST) the AP Ballot of 64 Sports Writers.

Now we have 6 Computers(Unbiased Number Crunchers), Coaches Poll and Harris Interactive (COMBINED).
    Not JUST one or the other.

The
    Harris Poll has been specifically designed to be a valid representative,
    of all 11 FBS Conferences and Independents.(Combined)

The Methodology behind the Harris Panel;
    First, Division I-Bowl Subdivision college football conferences and independent institutions nominate prospective panelists. Then Harris randomly selects 115 members from the nominees to participate in the actual panel. From each week in September to the end of the regular college football season these115 panelists vote on the particular ranking of teams. These rankings are then published and are used to determine of the BCS ranking.

(Comp.) + (Coaches) + (Harris Interactive) = Better than the AP

So YES, that is much better than just the 64 AP Poll voters.

I am very much in support of the BCS Ranking System, it is way more
    accurate than (JUST) the AP.

However, I am NOT is support of how College Football Ends every year when it comes to Unbeaten Teams.
    Last year, we didn't have that problem. We may NOT have that problem this year either, still a couple weeks left to play and we haven't had that problem too often anyway but it is a potential problem and so the 4 team play-off is an attempt to fix it.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 11-14-2013 at 07:12 AM.

The #1 recruit in the country by Rivals.com just picked AL as his football school. What I am more impressed with is that he is going to major in Civil Engineering, I wish young Mr. Hand all the success in the world in his choices .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The #1 recruit in the country by Rivals.com just picked AL as his football school. What I am more impressed with is that he is going to major in Civil Engineering, I wish young Mr. Hand all the success in the world in his choices .

Yea #6 on ESPN 300.

I'm still hoping for Fournette to keep it home

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Yea #6 on ESPN 300.

I'm still hoping for Fournette to keep it home
    and right there you have just explained the polls...If you are a Bama fan you signed the #1 recruit, if you arent he is the # 6 recruit...so who is correct...actually neither, because both services are by journalists,SID's and other unnamed panelists from unnamed regions, just like all the other polls. You have Rivals, Scout, and now ESPN...they are all fueled by certain media outlet publications

its just like the Heisman ballots are heavily weighted to an east coast bias, I mean how many sportswriters are located in Idaho that dont pull for Boise State compared to the number of sportswriters in Boston Mass. who dont even stay awake to watch the BSU games
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

i looked and danged if i can find ANY big 10 pac 12 sec or big 12 teams listed as ever haveing won a national championship game in the ncaa now georgia southern has won 6 youngstown state has won 4 appalacian state won 3 in a row in the early 2000's and north dakota state has won the last 2

sec has won 7 bcs titles tho

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    i looked and danged if i can find ANY big 10 pac 12 sec or big 12 teams listed as ever haveing won a national championship game in the ncaa now georgia southern has won 6 youngstown state has won 4 appalacian state won 3 in a row in the early 2000's and north dakota state has won the last 2

sec has won 7 bcs titles tho
    Don't forget University of Montana and Montana State University.

poor montanas been a bridesmaid so many times