The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 119 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    i looked and danged if i can find ANY big 10 pac 12 sec or big 12 teams listed as ever haveing won a national championship game in the ncaa now georgia southern has won 6 youngstown state has won 4 appalacian state won 3 in a row in the early 2000's and north dakota state has won the last 2

sec has won 7 bcs titles tho
    Hats off to Kansas and Kansas State for scheduling NDSU in the last few years and taking their loses with dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i think mitchell was widely recruited, maybe even by coach McKay if my history is correct?
    From a JC in Arizona, that's right. I wonder how many people know that a pretty fair WR named John Stallworth is from Tuscaloosa and played ball at Alabama A&M at the time?

Seems weird to even think about now.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

UCLA just blew open a tight game with Washington, which shows how good a coach Jim Mora Jr is, and why I think he will still be on the short list along with David Shaw from Stanford for the soon to be vacated Texas job...Sarkesian is young and gutsy and given a chance may still be a good one but Mora Jr had the answers tonight....the freshman LB for UCLA that also plays offense is a stud

maybe I spoke too soon....Huskies not throwing in the towel just yet
    Last edited by BonMallari; 11-15-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Yea those INT's were devastating. Besides those, they could have made this game very close if not won it.

Why would anybody leave a coaching job at UCLA or Stanford for Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Why would anybody leave a coaching job at UCLA or Stanford for Texas?
    got 5 million reasons why....

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    UCLA just blew open a tight game with Washington, which shows how good a coach Jim Mora Jr is, and why I think he will still be on the short list along with David Shaw from Stanford for the soon to be vacated Texas job...Sarkesian is young and gutsy and given a chance may still be a good one but Mora Jr had the answers tonight....the freshman LB for UCLA that also plays offense is a stud

maybe I spoke too soon....Huskies not throwing in the towel just yet
    The Frosh LB played for Bellevue HS (WA) 3A HS & a powerhouse nationally.

Methinks Sarkasian's rug is about to be jerked out from under him, played 4 ranked teams, all conference foes, beat none of them with the WSU game on the horizon. Another 7-6 following 3 previous is too little improvement for the FB gods at UW. He's leaves too many holes & at 2 mil more is expected. I think he came in overrated & has never lived up to the hype. Why is a HC calling the offensive plays? He should be managing the game.

Don't be surprised to see Mora coaching the Huskies next year. Life style is a big issue with coaches families & we have just about all the answers here except sunshine & hot.
    Last edited by Marvin S; 11-16-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The Frosh LB played for Bellevue HS (WA) 3A HS & a powerhouse nationally.

Methinks Sarkasian's rug is about to be jerked out from under him, played 4 ranked teams, all conference foes, beat none of them with the WSU game on the horizon. Another 7-6 following 3 previous is too little improvement for the FB gods at UW. He's leaves too many holes & at 2 mil more is expected. I think he came in overrated & has never lived up to the hype. Why is a HC calling the offensive plays? He should be managing the game.

Don't be surprised to see Mora coaching the Huskies next year.
    Life style is a big issue with coaches families & we have just about all the answers here except sunshine & hot.
    Could definitely see the prodigal son coming home to his alma mater, they made that fact known last night how much he covets that job....Look at Peterson at Boise State, people wonder all the time why he hasnt left there either....

Auburn to be exposed today

Watch out for USC--they have the talent and quietly winning since their coaching fiasco. Probably won't be enough for Stanford, bit will be a tough game