The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 226 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

In the long run it want matter. The kid is going to implode and when he does watch the Manziel zealots bail like they were on the titanic. Smoke equals fire.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    wayne,
    johnny football was repped during the investigation by the birmingham, al firm that auburn and newton used. one of the lawyers formerly held a seat on the ncaa's "cmte for infractions". so tim is correct, johnny was "lawyered up" proper. i suppose the university foots the bill for the representation. if a&m did pay the bill, one could assume they would have done so had johnny been black, white or from the island of sumoa. if johnny's family paid the bill, tim may be correct. being rich helps in any instance where a quality attorney is needed.
    the NCAA is currently in litigation with some former players like Ed O'Bannon (UCLA BB POY) in regard to them profiting on using the likenesses of NCAA student/athletes...the very last thing the NCAA wants is to have Congress revoke their Trust exempt status and have their books opened up...Manziel went all in and the NCAA folded their hand, but JF/TAMU used up a lifeline , they are now on their schiat list
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Default I read today that Alabama has the 40th toughest schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fryer View Post
    Here is the problem as I see it.... you are still talking. The Ducks wont even get out of the PAC 12 this year. They have had thier chance to shine against the SEC and failed misserably. AUBURN in the BCS Championship, LSU a few months later and got rolled both times. Maybe Stanford will shine and give the PAC 12 something to get excited about. Most likely not though, good luck with Tennessee, they suck ass and will still beat the Ducks.
    I read today that Alabama has the the 40th toughest schedule this year. And they claim their number one. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    I read today that Alabama has the the 40th toughest schedule this year. And they claim their number one. Give me a break.
    As much as it pains me to say it, They are number one until somebody beats them. IF they loose this year it will come from the SEC West. The Ducks still wont get past Stanford.
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Strength of schedule will fluctuate weekly, in an ideal situation you want the team that you beat to continue to rack up the wins, so in many ways SOS only matters the last week of the year when people want to get into a whizzing match over who belongs where in the polls and in what bowl ...SOS before the season is solely based on last year's record so its all relative

IMO they need to go back to using the point differential aka "style points", beating a Top ranked team on the road is a whole lot more impressive that beating little sisters of the poor by 50 at home
    Last edited by BonMallari; 08-29-2013 at 03:01 AM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

bon,
    Coach Bryant used to point out in his gruff Arkansas drawl that, and i paraphrase, "If you don't think these "little" games against unranked opponents are important......just go out and lose one!" if you go to the central part of a neighboring state of ours and see any pre '80 pickup truck on the court house square, 9 times out of ten there will be a faded bumper sticker that says, "I was there when we beat The Bear!" and that is a conference team. when you are ohio state, michigan, texas, alabama, oklahoma, nebraska, etc. you are playing against the hopes, dreams and opportunity of a lifetime of all these "little sisters" every time out. you gotta be prepared!

wayne,
    we all want johnny to play. but be careful here that you don't look over zealos defening a kid, you know he took the money! i heard they put up a new sign outside that law firm in birmingham. "FOURTEENTH MAN LAW FIRM"!
    gig 'em aggies!!!!

sc and nc, rebs and vandy.....tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bon,
    Coach Bryant used to point out in his gruff Arkansas drawl that, and i paraphrase, "If you don't think these "little" games against unranked opponents are important......just go out and lose one!" if you go to the central part of a neighboring state of ours and see any pre '80 pickup truck on the court house square, 9 times out of ten there will be a faded bumper sticker that says, "I was there when we beat The Bear!" and that is a conference team. when you are ohio state, michigan, texas, alabama, oklahoma, nebraska, etc. you are playing against the hopes, dreams and opportunity of a lifetime of all these "little sisters" every time out. you gotta be prepared!

wayne,
    we all want johnny to play. but be careful here that you don't look over zealos defening a kid, you know he took the money! i heard they put up a new sign outside that law firm in birmingham. "FOURTEENTH MAN LAW FIRM"!
    gig 'em aggies!!!!

sc and nc, rebs and vandy.....tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sam Jankovich parlayed an undefeated HS team in Butte, MT to an assistants job at WSU under Sweeney to the AD's job at Miami (before they were a national power). Miami never played 2 good teams in a row during the Jankovich years, in fact, they tried to sandwich 2 average teams between each big game. Look at Miami's rise to fame during the Jankovich years to see how that works out. They were able to put healthy teams on the field, tough games beat up your players. Healthy players give you a better chance in the win column.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Sam Jankovich parlayed an undefeated HS team in Butte, MT to an assistants job at WSU under Sweeney to the AD's job at Miami (before they were a national power). Miami never played 2 good teams in a row during the Jankovich years, in fact, they tried to sandwich 2 average teams between each big game. Look at Miami's rise to fame during the Jankovich years to see how that works out.
    A little symmetry in that, Marvin. Jank's predecessor as the U's AD was Bear Bryant's PR man, and TV show second-banana, Charley Thornton, who himself had replaced as Miami's athletic director, one Lou Saban (no kin to "Saint" Nick). This Saban, a football lifer until he went to work for George Steinbrenner late in the game, was off to West Point as head coach. Jank then hired Jimmy Johnson and later Denis Erickson, an old WSU buddy, both of whom dictated the scheduling during Miami's run in the 80s and 90s. Jank later moved on to the Patriots as CEO - and to at least as much infamy (Victor Kiam ring a bell?) as fame in the pro game.

MG

Finally here! Been looking forward to this day for awhile!!

Are you Ready for Some Football Regards!!!

Aaron
    AFC Iron Lines Sergeant Pepper "Pepper"
    FC FTCH Westwood's Sunday Silence "Buck"
    Sweet Swingin' Fred MH ***

www.southforkkennelsllc.com

What Johnny Football did or didn't do leaves a bad taste in my mouth like everyone else. I'm an Aggie, so of course I'm a fan. But bringing race and class into the equation is below the belt in my opinion. No one knows "why" Johnny got away with what he got away with (and I do think he got away with "something"), however, I'm not gonna sit here and say it's because he's rich, or white. No, if there's any reason whatsoever, it's because he's quasy famous. He's a Heisman Trophy winner. He's Mr. Football. Reggie Bush, Cam Newton, and even other players, same results.....so making it about "race" and "class" is stupid IMO.