The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 125 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

  1. #1241
    Senior Member crackerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    It's Baylor, alright, but more likely Mary Hardin-Baylor, at 10-0 and No. 2 in DIII. Good to see that graphic above includes Fraudchione's Texas State Bobcats - he and Sherman the Accountant sure left little shoes for Sumlin to fill at aTm.

    MG

  2. #1242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Evansville, WI
    Posts
    286

    Default

    [QUOTE=crackerd;1164639]It's Baylor, alright, but more likely Mary Hardin-Baylor, at 10-0 and No. 2 in DIII. Good to see that graphic above includes Fraudchione's Texas State Bobcats - he and Sherman the Accountant sure left little shoes for Sumlin to fill at aTm.

    MG[/QUOTE
    MHB could potentially have a match up with UW-Whitewater in the Semi's! Warhawks Rule!

  3. #1243
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,438

    Default

    just watched a GREAT special on Showtime about the USC vs Alabama games of 70 -71..hard to imagine the social impact it had on CFB in the south and beyond...also the evolution of the wishbone offense
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #1244
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Praying for a Repeat of that Stat!



  5. #1245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,159

    Default

    Just read that the PAC12 has 8 bowl eligible teams with a possibility of 10 if WSU & Utah win one more game. Not bad for a conference you East Coast Southerners consider inferior. Maybe Dustin can give us a chart showing how Georgia State is a credible opponent for upgrading a teams SOS.

    So I'll ask, if Alabama was considered the team to play for the BCS title against the team that had beat them, why would not OR receive that consideration with their one loss?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  6. #1246
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    middle tennessee
    Posts
    78

    Default

    don't forget ut-chattanooga as tough game..............

  7. #1247
    Senior Member crackerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    just watched a GREAT special on Showtime about the USC vs Alabama games of 70 -71..hard to imagine the social impact it had on CFB in the south and beyond...also the evolution of the wishbone offense
    Bon, agree with you about the first game of that home-and-away series, which I saw up close and in living colors, insofar as the sociological impact particularly below the Mason-Dixon Line. But the wishbone had pretty much evolved as far as it went by the time Bear picked it up from Darrell Royal (and Emory Bellard) during a visit to Austin summer of '71, and sprung it (along with the Italian Stallion, Johnny Musso) on the Trojans in the opener that year. 'Bama's 'bone was evolving only by how many ballcarriers got into the game with it - once when they beat Va. Tech 77-6, I believe 13 different running backs got a piece of the action, and not many less than that touched the ball even in the few games that were close.

    Interestingly, '71 Bama vs. USC was a Friday night game played at an early West Coast time. That same night I ran smack into a 220-pound returner on the opening kickoff in my high school's game and barely managed to, as they used to say "walk off under my own power." The returner had to be helped off the field, but what's a good collision otherwise? Anyhow, when we got back to the gym after the game somebody had the radio on as the 'Bama-USC game was coming to an end. When I heard that the 42-21 score of the previous year (which could've been 142-21 without McKay showing Bear some mercy) had been avenged, I thought I was still in la-la land. (Of course, I thought the same thing when I scored the only defensive touchdown of my, er, "career" that night with a sack and fumble recovery in the end zone.)

    MG

  8. #1248
    Senior Member crackerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    So I'll ask, if Alabama was considered the team to play for the BCS title against the team that had beat them, why would not OR receive that consideration with their one loss?
    OR presumably is Zerogon (for number of national championships won), and Zerogon seems to lose every time it faces an opponent with anything legitimate on the defensive side of the football, and seems unable to stop an opponent with anything legitimate on the offensive side of the football (well, unless you count as "stopping" them by outscoring them).

    Alabama on the other hand lost 9-6 to the only team to beat it in 2011 and and outplayed LSU on both sides of the football even in that loss. I'm sure you're familiar with the adage that Defense Wins Championships - defense can win you a second-chance opportunity to play for a championship too. That concept ain't registered with Zerogon just yet.

    MG

  9. #1249
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Bon, agree with you about the first game of that home-and-away series, which I saw up close and in living colors, insofar as the sociological impact particularly below the Mason-Dixon Line. But the wishbone had pretty much evolved as far as it went by the time Bear picked it up from Darrell Royal (and Emory Bellard) during a visit to Austin summer of '71, and sprung it (along with the Italian Stallion, Johnny Musso) on the Trojans in the opener that year. 'Bama's 'bone was evolving only by how many ballcarriers got into the game with it - once when they beat Va. Tech 77-6, I believe 13 different running backs got a piece of the action, and not many less than that touched the ball even in the few games that were close.

    Interestingly, '71 Bama vs. USC was a Friday night game played at an early West Coast time. That same night I ran smack into a 220-pound returner on the opening kickoff in my high school's game and barely managed to, as they used to say "walk off under my own power." The returner had to be helped off the field, but what's a good collision otherwise? Anyhow, when we got back to the gym after the game somebody had the radio on as the 'Bama-USC game was coming to an end. When I heard that the 42-21 score of the previous year (which could've been 142-21 without McKay showing Bear some mercy) had been avenged, I thought I was still in la-la land. (Of course, I thought the same thing when I scored the only defensive touchdown of my, er, "career" that night with a sack and fumble recovery in the end zone.)

    MG
    a couple of the stars of the '69 Texas National Championship team were my neighbors in Austin and Emory Bellard's son was the QB for our local HS team (back to back state AAAA champs) , so I used to watch Emory Jr and my neighbors practice the wishbone with his dad at the nearby grass field at the park,so they wouldnt be violating district rules for summer practice. We were sworn to secrecy but I was 13 yrs old so getting to play ballboy to big high school and college football players was a real treat...When Coach Royal switched to the 'bone, it finally made sense as to what Coach Bellard was practicing that summer
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #1250
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    TAMU are the Road Kings this year. JF will show up in Baton Rouge. Hopefully not enough

    Doubt we'll see anything close to this again;



    MANZIEL'S NIGHTMARE

    By almost any measure,
    last year's loss to LSU was the worst statistical outing of Johnny Manziel's college career.
    (Courtesy: ESPN Stats & Info)
    Career rank
    QBR 25.8 Worst
    Opp-Adj QBR 51.2 Worst
    Comp pct 51.8 Worst
    Yds per att 4.9 Worst
    TD-INT margin -3 Worst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •