The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 226 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    What Johnny Football did or didn't do leaves a bad taste in my mouth like everyone else. I'm an Aggie, so of course I'm a fan. But bringing race and class into the equation is below the belt in my opinion. No one knows "why" Johnny got away with what he got away with (and I do think he got away with "something"), however, I'm not gonna sit here and say it's because he's rich, or white. No, if there's any reason whatsoever, it's because he's quasy famous. He's a Heisman Trophy winner. He's Mr. Football. Reggie Bush, Cam Newton, and even other players, same results.....so making it about "race" and "class" is stupid IMO.
    I'll give you that. I shouldn't have brought race into it.

I stand by being rich and able to afford quality representation backed the NCAA down. Of course it may not have been that difficult since we all know the NCAA is all about money.

There is no way anyone can convince me that a 20 year old party boy sat down and signed 4,000 autographs for the fun of it or for those poor deserving autograph brokers.

Again my apologies for bringing race into it.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

The reason why he got away with doing anything (I'm under the impression our nation is to assume innocence until proven guilty.) & I'm not certain he did anything, is simple. We live in the social media age, & we aren't going backwards. So do you really believe 4K people had a paid autograph without a picture, video, Facebook status, tweet, reports, or receipt???? No evidence, no crime.

I don't think he signed 4k autographs for free no. Again, that's what I "believe". Is there "proof"? Idk. But we're not talking about a crime here, we're talking about a regulation. I can see both sides of the argument. Bad regulation or bad behavior? Probably both. It's because of society's addiction to celebrities that his autograph is even worth something. Kids these days think anything touched by a famous person is like the Holy Grail. That creates a market for things like autographs. And money talks to the very same generation like nothing else. "Get yours" is a generational motto. So no, I don't doubt he probably signed autographs for money. Should he go to jail for it? Lol, no. Should he be banned from playing? No. Should he make a public apology and set out a game or two? Ya probably. Apology for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    The reason why he got away with doing anything (I'm under the impression our nation is to assume innocence until proven guilty.) & I'm not certain he did anything, is simple. We live in the social media age, & we aren't going backwards. So do you really believe 4K people had a paid autograph without a picture, video, Facebook status, tweet, reports, or receipt???? No evidence, no crime.
    ESPN said publicly there was a video. If there wasn't do you believe that the Aggs and Manziels wouldn't be filing a defamation of character suit? A suit that would be worth millions. Of course we are both entitled to our opinions but I think you've been working to much.

Was Newton (Aub) or Ingram (AL) rich? Yet they seem to have had a good defense.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    lol....they were "potentially" rich for sure, which bolsters my argument that it's really not about how rich they are, or what color they are, but the simple fact they are celebrities. What Johnny did really makes me mad, because it diminishes his reputation, along with A&M's reputation, whether he actually did it or not. In today's society, perception is reality.

Don't know if Ingram was rich, but heck yeah Newton got well over the $200k we heard about.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH UH Ridgewood's Georgia Dawg (500 point club)
    HRCH Ridgewood's Gold II
    HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg

Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    lol....they were "potentially" rich for sure, which bolsters my argument that it's really not about how rich they are, or what color they are, but the simple fact they are celebrities. What Johnny did really makes me mad, because it diminishes his reputation, along with A&M's reputation, whether he actually did it or not. In today's society, perception is reality.
    If you followed Johnny's antics since going to A&M and don't have blinders on his reputation was already quite dirty. Afterall he was suspended by A&M before he ever took a snap and that was just the beginning. He sure knows how to wiggle out of jams though.

I'm not going to argue with you Wayne. Sleep tight in your Johnny football pajamas until he tweets how he can't wait to get out of A&M again.

The moral of the story is keep it to cash and deny everything. That will be the gist of his speech to his team mates.