The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 133 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

  1. #1321
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mc View Post
    I go by what I seen on the field, not media hype , and I don't appreciate the insinuation. They won in '02 because they're defense was dominant. This years defense is not.
    I thought at the beginning of the season we would have a great d , even though we were young, but we're not there yet. I think u need that to win it all. Look at the Bama teams that won. LSU in '07 . Florida's two teams that won.
    I hope I'm wrong about it believe me.
    This isn't last year or 7 years ago. I'd put far more credit to Bama at truly the best team in the nation than I would FSU at number 2. Baylor a good example of hype.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  2. #1322
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Yea it's about 20 Ranks lower(more difficult) on the Strength of Schedule Table than Ohio St.

    Ohio St. /SOS Rank #63
    Opponents (54-69)
    Margin of Victory (536-202)

    FSU /SOS Rank #41
    Opponents (64-58)
    Margin of Victory (607-125)

    Bama /SOS Rank #33
    Opponents (58-65)
    Margin of Victory (437-102)

    When you look at the who's who of the Schedule.
    You can see why Bama still pulls in a harder schedule.


    Just b/c
    LSU(8-3) /SOS Rank #1
    Opponents (69-54)
    Margin of Victory
    Wins (331-136)
    Losses (109-82)

    LSU could have a 10 win season...in a rebuilding year.



    BTW BCS Rank is out. (SEC is yellow b/c SEC schools are highlighted on my ESPN chart.

    BCS Standings
    RK TEAM RECORD
    1 Alabama 11-0
    2 Florida State 11-0
    3 Ohio State 11-0
    4 Auburn 10-1
    5 Missouri 10-1
    6 Clemson 10-1
    7 Oklahoma State 10-1
    8 Stanford 9-2
    9 Baylor 9-1
    10 South Carolina 9-2
    11 Michigan State 10-1
    12 Arizona State 9-2
    13 Oregon 9-2
    14 Northern Illinois 11-0
    15 Wisconsin 9-2
    16 Fresno State 10-0
    17 LSU 8-3
    18 Oklahoma 9-2
    19 UCF 9-1
    20 Louisville 10-1
    21 Texas A&M 8-3
    22 UCLA 8-3
    23 USC 9-3
    24 Duke 9-2
    25 Notre Dame 8-3
    All of which is accounted for in the BCS standings?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  3. #1323
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    All of which is accounted for in the BCS standings?
    huh? ...........

  4. #1324
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    huh? ...........
    That's what I was going to ask you!
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  5. #1325
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    That's what I was going to ask you!
    What are you talking about?

  6. #1326
    Member Tim Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elyria, Ohio
    Posts
    97

    Default

    You can't condem a team for having a weak schedule. a lot of that is out of their control.
    Tim

  7. #1327
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mc View Post
    You can't condem a team for having a weak schedule. a lot of that is out of their control.

    True, but when you are that team, you can't point the finger at other teams schedule either.
    You can however look at Margin of victory.

  8. #1328
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    True, but when you are that team, you can't point the finger at other teams schedule either.
    You can however look at Margin of victory.
    So do or do not the BCS calculations take that into consideration? Buckeyes are number 3. Should Alabama or FSU lose a game are they still #1 and #2 in the BCS?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  9. #1329
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    So do or do not the BCS calculations take that into consideration? Buckeyes are number 3. Should Alabama or FSU lose a game are they still #1 and #2 in the BCS?
    Yes it is part of the calculation but not enough to overcome a loss at this point.

    If Bama or FSU lose a single game, (Even their Conference Title Game),
    an undefeated Ohio St is 'IN' the SHIP Game. No if's, and's or but's about it.

    Assuming of course Ohio St can win in 'The Big House' v/Michigan
    and then in Lucas Oil against Mich St.

    That's no easy task.

  10. #1330
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Yes it is part of the calculation but not enough to overcome a loss at this point.

    If Bama or FSU lose a single game, (Even their Conference Title Game),
    an undefeated Ohio St is 'IN' the SHIP Game. No if's, and's or but's about it.

    Assuming of course Ohio St can win in 'The Big House' v/Michigan
    and then in Lucas Oil against Mich St.

    That's no easy task.
    Agreed it is not. In addition to 25 consecutive wins, MSU is ranked #11 and Wisconsin #15. Michigan a sage rivalry. The 'best two teams' as defined by the current BCS will be ranked #1 and #2.

    That has been my point over conjecture and emotion. No excuses.

    OSU may or may not end up # 3, or worse. We'll see.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •