The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 226 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Here ya go Tim, Johnny Football featured in Car Dealer's TV commercial! http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...johnny-manziel
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    If you followed Johnny's antics since going to A&M and don't have blinders on his reputation was already quite dirty. Afterall he was suspended by A&M before he ever took a snap and that was just the beginning. He sure knows how to wiggle out of jams though.
    I haven't followed the boy personally. Like I said, I'm an Aggie, not a Johnny Football fan exclusively. I don't like what he's done to the University. I've admitted he probably did "something" wrong, so don't know what "blinders" I would have on. I just brought up the fact that he didn't get off just because he was white and wealthy. If he's a bad apple, then maybe the coach will handle him somewhere down the road this year. Sumlin really doesn't seem like a sellout. we'll see......

Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    I haven't followed the boy personally. Like I said, I'm an Aggie, not a Johnny Football fan exclusively. I don't like what he's done to the University. I've admitted he probably did "something" wrong, so don't know what "blinders" I would have on. I just brought up the fact that he didn't get off just because he was white and wealthy. If he's a bad apple, then maybe the coach will handle him somewhere down the road this year. Sumlin really doesn't seem like a sellout. we'll see......
    I wouldn't depend on that. After his arrest and yearlong suspension by the university last year Sumlin wrote a letter on Johnny's behalf that got the suspension by A&M lifted.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

When I was 22 my fondest memory of College Station was seeing it in the rearview mirror.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

south carolina- 85 yards one rushing first down, three plays, touchdown! wow!!
    john mccallie

If he did something, the worst part is that it probably violated the Aggie code of honor. A&M has long held itself up as different from other institutions of higher learning. Supposedly the move to the SEC was a sign of a monumental change in the entire culture of the university. Too bad if that is true. There has always been a certain brotherhood to being an Aggie. If he got away with anything I think I can tell you why. Money. Not JM's family money but rather the money sold out games make for the school. Money made on TV ads for the school, for the conference, and for the NCAA. He is undeniably a huge draw and will fill stadiums all across the conference and if history repeats in whatever bowl the Ags get assigned (hope I didn't just jinx us). Too bad JM is probably a bit of a jackass. Would be a better story if he was the true blue son of A&M. Clear eyed, abstemious, and faithful as Old Yeller, but that only happens in the movies.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    south carolina- 85 yards one rushing first down, three plays, touchdown! wow!!
    Very efficient!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    If he did something, the worst part is that it probably violated the Aggie code of honor. A&M has long held itself up as different from other institutions of higher learning. Supposedly the move to the SEC was a sign of a monumental change in the entire culture of the university. Too bad if that is true. There has always been a certain brotherhood to being an Aggie. If he got away with anything I think I can tell you why. Money. Not JM's family money but rather the money sold out games make for the school. Money made on TV ads for the school, for the conference, and for the NCAA. He is undeniably a huge draw and will fill stadiums all across the conference and if history repeats in whatever bowl the Ags get assigned (hope I didn't just jinx us). Too bad JM is probably a bit of a jackass. Would be a better story if he was the true blue son of A&M. Clear eyed, abstemious, and faithful as Old Yeller, but that only happens in the movies.
    It's true, we do have a code of "honor". It's actually in the TAMU student rule book. I believe he should receive some form of punishment, but the only people calling for bans are fans of Aggie opponents. Since he came up in this thread, I've read a little more about him. He does seem like a little punk IMO, but most kids are punks these days anyway. This incident makes me less of a Manziel fan, but not less of an Aggie fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    It's true, we do have a code of "honor". It's actually in the TAMU student rule book. I believe he should receive some form of punishment, but the only people calling for bans are fans of Aggie opponents. Since he came up in this thread, I've read a little more about him. He does seem like a little punk IMO, but most kids are punks these days anyway. This incident makes me less of a Manziel fan, but not less of an Aggie fan.
    Excellent post. I thought if you did a little research you would understand my position. There is much more to the story than what you can google also.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

South Carolina sure looks like they haven't been doing much conditioning before the season.