The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 143 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    So the strength of schedule/conference means nothing in your opinion?

Last years record means nothing to this season.
    There is no way you can leave out OSU if they go unbeaten. I say that even though I believe AU and AL both are better than them. But you can't deny a team that goes unbeaten and from a major conference.

Too bad this is not the first year of the 4 team playoff system.
    Last edited by MSDOGS1976; 12-01-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Even with one loss there is no way Bama gets another shot
    because they wont even be playing for their conference title
    Did you seriously just say that?

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    Now there is talk of oregon playing Alabama or Baylor.
    Huh!? Oregon is not making it to a BCS Bowl and not likely a January Bowl.
    Which is where those two teams you listed will likely play.

Oregon is likely getting the Alamo Bowl Vs Sooners.

IMHO, The two Unbeaten Teams(If there are two)
    from (ANY) AQ Conference,
    should indeed play for the Title.

/
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-01-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Alabama gets the BCS at Large berth at best, probably against Clemson in the Orange Bowl...Auburn /Missouri winner to the Sugar against the other at Large team
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    "Think about it?" What are you smoking man? Auburn beat washington state by a bad call--that got their brains beat out in yardage and first downs, but should still play in the big game over Ohio state because YOU suggest that they are a better team. What are you smoking? Do you believe that the SEC should always play in the national championship? The SEC hasn't done particularly well against decent non-conference teams. The idiotic press ranks SEC teams unfairly high and when SEC teams beat each other you monkeys jump up and down and say things like Auburn should go over undefeated Ohio State. Your nuts
    WSU finished with a 6-6 record in a conference that is definitely underrated. With all the good young successful coaches the PAC12 has, the SEC is going to sucking wind shortly, though they have access to some of the best players in the nation. The pendulum is swinging, & it's not swinging to the SE.

Thought - If the SEC is so overwhelmingly strong, why is MO playing for the conference championship? A former little 12 middle of the pack program, in it's 2nd year in the SEC?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Thought - If the SEC is so overwhelmingly strong, why is MO playing for the conference championship? A former little 12 middle of the pack program, in it's 2nd year in the SEC?
    Do you really want to hear an explanation? or is that just rhetorical smartassery?

WSU finished with a 6-6 record in a conference that is definitely underrated. With all the good young successful coaches the PAC12 has, the SEC is going to sucking wind shortly, though they have access to some of the best players in the nation. The pendulum is swinging, & it's not swinging to the SE.

It show that the mighty SEC is a lot weaker than advertised.
    SEC bias

Quote Originally Posted by ripline View Post
    It show that the mighty SEC is a lot weaker than advertised.
    SEC bias
    Yea hopefully one day the South Eastern Conference will become a competitive power house
    like the Big 10, Pac-12 and all those other conferences that have been so dominant.

If the SEC is so overwhelmingly strong, why is MO playing for the conference championship? A former little 12 middle of the pack program, in it's 2nd year in the SEC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Do you really want to hear an explanation? or is that just rhetorical smartassery?
    Dustin - I'd like to see your line of reasoning, apparently mine is different . Not being as up to date as you SEC folks, I might pickup some knowledge.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Dustin - I'd like to see your line of reasoning, apparently mine is different . Not being as up to date as you SEC folks, I might pickup some knowledge.
    Fair enough.

First lets understand I'm not offering (excuses) nor am I going to attempt to argue about the SEC's performance which needs no help from me. I'm just going to say why (I) think Mizzou was able to win the EAST.

~1st were talking about the SEC (East). Hardly a rep of the SEC(as a whole) Considering the East hasn't produced a NC Contender in the BCS era since Tebow Mania, and before that back 8 years to Tenn. 98'. The East has been weak for a long while now.

Mizzou is in the SEC East/

Secondly take a look at who Mizzou did not play this year.
    They didn't play LSU, Bama or Auburn. That's the Top 3 in the East and have been for a long time now.
    A Loss to any one of those teams and South Carolina is headed to ATL instead.

Who did Mizzou beat. Stay with me here. I'm not making excuses, just providing info you may not know.
    Just like the games Bama and LSU play after playing each other(Trap Games),
    UGA never recovered from the LSU Game.(Actually not until recently). They lost Gurley and 4 other starters to injury. Those players did not play against the Vols and it showed. They also didn't play against Mizzou and it showed there as well. UGA Fans were cursing the LSU Tigers and saying they'd have rather lost to LSU then now face multiple losses b/c of the injuries received during that game.

In short, Mizzou did not play a healthy UGA Team. Not an excuse, just a fact that they were banged up and missing key starters. We can't act like losing play makers on a team doesn't impact that teams performance. Surely you'd agree.

~~The win over Florida. The Gators are playing their worst football since 1979. Need I say more?

So those two wins over those two Eastern Division Teams is what propelled Mizzou to be where they needed to be in the SEC East Division.

~Then they only needed to beat one of the worst defensive teams in College football,
    that just got whipped by LSU and then had to travel to Missouri,
    to secure their Spot in the East, which they did.
    (And I was surprised by that actually) Close game still.

Now,
    this Mizzou team(from the Big 12, not a conference I'd consider chumps)
    has been up and coming in the last several years. They won the Big 12 North in 07', 08' and 10' before joining the SEC. They weren't a power house, but I'd have picked them over most Big 10 Teams easily. They won plenty of games against some of the Big 12's Top Teams but of course not in regular fashion. Still they were a pretty good football team over there and benefited recruiting wise from the Big 12 pool.

~~~
    So considering the down fall of the Gators Program (this year), -lost 14 starters since season began-
    beating up, a already beat up UGA,
    and not playing against LSU, Bama or Auburn(Top 3 in the West) in the regular season,
    THAT is how Mizzou found themselves the leader of the SEC Weak, I mean East.
    ~~~

Plus like I said, they're a good team that has been on the up and up in recent years. They are still a good team that has shown they can be right there to win it if the opportunity presents itself and they did just that.

They didn't squeeze their way in, they didn't cheat, I'm not saying any of that.
    They won it fair and square.

I'm just saying, that we should be aware of how it happen. Had they played Bama, LSU or Auburn this season and lost just one of those 3 games, USCe would be East Champs and we wouldn't even be talking about this.

That's all I got.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-01-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Pat Forde, (No SEC lover) still says that Ohio St is not a Lock to the NC Title game if AUB wins the SEC b/c Ohio St. schedule is just too soft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...043127433.html

Anyway, to be honest, I think Mizzou can beat Auburn. Clearly they get UP for the Iron Bowl. No question there. But Bama receivers were dropping passes all day and not b/c AUB defenders were on them either. Crucial passes on 3rd down too. Mizzou is a pass happy team that has some great catchers. This is how they can beat AUB IMO.