The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 155 of 226 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

A winner, yes. He's also on the best team of all the QBs out of that draft class. There's a lot to be said about that. I never said he wasn't good or anything like that. I know what he can do. I've watched him since he was @ NC STATE. It's just that Andrew Luck is it. Andrew Luck's 40 time is a 4.6 compared to Russell Wilson's 4.55. That's not really noticeable enough to say one is mobile & the other one isn't. Andrew Luck has good mobility and is the "Prototypical QB". Russell Wilson plays on a team with a great defense, arguably the toughest home stadium in The NFL to win @, and has all the parts around him to be very good. I appreciate his game & what he brings to the table. I just know who the better QB is.

They're both better than Brandon Weeden, that's the stud my team drafted last year. Trent Richardson and Weeden in the first round. Swing and a miss!! Twice
    Tim

Andrew Luck, QB IND 243 418 58.1 2,793 6.68 73 15 8 29 82.4 233
    Russell Wilson, QB SEA 198 305 64.9 2,672 8.76 80 22 6 30 108.5 223
    RW,22 TDs, 6 int with 305 attempts.
    AL, 15 TDs, 8 int with 418 attempts.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

looks like the Washington Huskies have talked Boise State HC Chris Peterson into taking their vacant coaching job...I think its a good fit for Peterson, he is a good guy and was reluctant on moving his family out of the Boise area

It will be interesting to see if BSU tries to get either former OC's Bryan Harsin or newly unemployed Brent Pease to return to Boise...I hope that for Bryan and his family that he gets a shot at coming home
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

People have been doubting Russel Wilson every step of the way. Even NC State didn't want him any more. He just keeps getting better. The man is a winner, pure and simple.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    A winner, yes. He's also on the best team of all the QBs out of that draft class. There's a lot to be said about that. I never said he wasn't good or anything like that. I know what he can do. I've watched him since he was @ NC STATE. It's just that Andrew Luck is it. Andrew Luck's 40 time is a 4.6 compared to Russell Wilson's 4.55. That's not really noticeable enough to say one is mobile & the other one isn't. Andrew Luck has good mobility and is the "Prototypical QB". Russell Wilson plays on a team with a great defense, arguably the toughest home stadium in The NFL to win @, and has all the parts around him to be very good. I appreciate his game & what he brings to the table. I just know who the better QB is.
    Being "mobile" isn't all about 40 time. Big Ben is pretty "mobile" but I bet he doesn't have a very fast 40 time. Usain Bolt is the fastest man on the planet, but I bet he would struggle evading NFL rushers! Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I'll take Andrew Luck & trump you all day, everyday. It's not remotely close.
    Wow, pretty strong statement there. As a poor pitiful Rams fan a bit disappointed with Sam Bradford, I'd take either QB in a heartbeat, but to be it would be a very tough decision between the two. Luck is your classic NFL drop back QB with all the tools and smarts to be great. Wilson to me is the most NFL adaptable of the new breed mobile QBs. Last year everybody was high on Kaepernick and thought he was the new great QB, but I think Wilson has the greater potential. Wilson may only be a little faster than Luck, but he is was more mobile and very nifty. Wilson also seems to possess winning-leadership intangibles over the other quarterbacks. Like I said I'd be happy with either Luck or Wilson, but if you put a gun to my head, I'd probably take Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    People have been doubting Russel Wilson every step of the way.
    Who? lol I've never seen any of that about Russel Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Wow, pretty strong statement there. As a poor pitiful Rams fan a bit disappointed with Sam Bradford, I'd take either QB in a heartbeat, but to be it would be a very tough decision between the two. Luck is your classic NFL drop back QB with all the tools and smarts to be great. Wilson to me is the most NFL adaptable of the new breed mobile QBs. Last year everybody was high on Kaepernick and thought he was the new great QB, but I think Wilson has the greater potential. Wilson may only be a little faster than Luck, but he is was more mobile and very nifty. Wilson also seems to possess winning-leadership intangibles over the other quarterbacks. Like I said I'd be happy with either Luck or Wilson, but if you put a gun to my head, I'd probably take Wilson.
    Well John, looks like we agree on something related to College Football. I think Russell Wilson is the prototype NFL QB of the future. Having the mobility to avoid the pass rush is key in today's game and he is accurate. Just look at the first three years of Cam Newton's career which has surpassed those of Manning's, Brady's etc. first three seasons. Even Rodgers and Rothlesberger can move when they have too. I just think the days of the static QB, guys like Brees, Manning, Brady, Luck are diminishing.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-06-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well John, looks like we agree on something related to College Football. I think Russell Wilson is the prototype NFL QB of the future. Having the mobility to avoid the pass rush is key in today's game and he is accurate. Just look at the first three years of Cam Newton's career which has surpassed those of Manning, Brady etc. Even Rodgers and Rothlesberger can move when they have too. I just thing the days of the static QB, guys like Brees, Manning, Brady, Luck are diminishing.
    And, sorry to say, Bradford... As a Rams fan and living close to Seattle, I follow the NFL West closely. Hating the 49ers is in my DNA and toward the end of the GSOT, the Seahawks were becoming our biggest rival, so I get to see Kaepernick and Wilson twice a year. Coach Fisher had a bit of success against them both last year, and held Wilson down at home this year, but I can grudgingly admit talent when I see it. Wilson's got talent. BTW, Luck was one of the few QB's we beat this year, though I recognize we beat the Colts, not just Luck. Luck will be great as well, I just really like Wilson, I was just questioning Jacob on his statement that it wasn't even close.