The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 156 of 226 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well John, looks like we agree on something related to College Football. I think Russell Wilson is the prototype NFL QB of the future. Having the mobility to avoid the pass rush is key in today's game and he is accurate. Just look at the first three years of Cam Newton's career which has surpassed those of Manning, Brady etc. Even Rodgers and Rothlesberger can move when they have too. I just thing the days of the static QB, guys like Brees, Manning, Brady, Luck are diminishing.
    And, sorry to say, Bradford... As a Rams fan and living close to Seattle, I follow the NFL West closely. Hating the 49ers is in my DNA and toward the end of the GSOT, the Seahawks were becoming our biggest rival, so I get to see Kaepernick and Wilson twice a year. Coach Fisher had a bit of success against them both last year, and held Wilson down at home this year, but I can grudgingly admit talent when I see it. Wilson's got talent. BTW, Luck was one of the few QB's we beat this year, though I recognize we beat the Colts, not just Luck. Luck will be great as well, I just really like Wilson, I was just questioning Jacob on his statement that it wasn't even close. I think it's very close.

C'mon, man! Y'all gotta gravitate this conversation back to college football. Especially if it's focusing on quarterback ability. Like, Alabama fans are now asking if Tim Tebow (five years ago) was the last QB without a prior arrest to beat the Crimson Tide?

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    C'mon, man! Y'all gotta gravitate this conversation back to college football. Especially if it's focusing on quarterback ability. Like, Alabama fans are now asking if Tim Tebow (five years ago) was the last QB without a prior arrest to beat the Crimson Tide?

MG
    OK, are there any "sure thing" quarterback pro prospects coming out of college this year? By sure thing, RGII and Luck seemed like can't miss prospects, I wouldn't have said that about Wilson when he graduated, but I'll admit I knew very little about him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Who? lol I've never seen any of that about Russel Wilson.
    Well, he ended up at NC State for one. Then after graduating in three years, no NFL team invited him to the combine in 2011. That's when NC state released him. He was playing pro baseball at the time. He hooked on with Wisconsin that summer, thankfully. It's all been about his height. Scouts were looking at him and thinking of Doug Flutie, not Fran Tarkenton. (Although I always liked Flutie too).
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post

MG
    Brian Johnson and Stephen Garcia both have wins over the Tide since Tebow's last win in 2008.

Are you sure Jordan Jefferson had a (prior) arrest record before the 9-6 Game? I don't think he did.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Well, he ended up at NC State for one. Then after graduating in three years, no NFL team invited him to the combine in 2011. That's when NC state released him. He was playing pro baseball at the time. He hooked on with Wisconsin that summer, thankfully. It's all been about his height. Scouts were looking at him and thinking of Doug Flutie, not Fran Tarkenton. (Although I always liked Flutie too).
    Bill, NC State didn't release him, he "opted out" after Tom O'Brien told him he didn't figure into the new offense (which is where Glennon, now of Tampa Bay, came in). It's funny he didn't make it in MLB and look at him now - thinking rather than Flutie or Chris Weinke, he's the new paradigm for Jameis Winston (albeit five inches shorter).

Brian Johnson and Stephen Garcia both have wins over the Tide since Tebow's last win in 2008.

Are you sure Jordan Jefferson had a (prior) arrest record before the 9-6 Game? I don't think he did.
    Yeah, they were throwing that out there with Garcia in mind - he had at least a prior and several "posts." In fact, not sure Scam Newton or the latest Cow College hero Nick Marshall had any charges either. Jarret Lee and Jefferson split time in the 9-6 game, neither had an arrest record at the time. Only Brian Johnston I know of is "Johnners," the late great cricket commentator.

MG

Gotta make one last ditch effort on CFB predictions before the Bowl games...the following picks are based on the point spread and are for entertainment purposes only

1. Saban signs an extension with Bama and Mack get a temporary stay of execution

2. Texas vs Baylor- line started at 14 and jumped to 16.5 this evening....I wont bet against my Horns but if I did they wont come close on the game, it could get real ugly...Bears roll

3. Missouri vs Auburn- line opened at 3 but is down to a pickem tonight...Mizzou is a 15 yard completion by SC from coming into this game undefeated..Auburn has run out of miracles and is emotionally spent after the last two week...Tigers win....yes I know the are both Tigers.. Mizzou wins by a touchdown

4. OSU vs Michigan State- line is OSU minus 5.5...Buckeyes break the SEC's heart and wins game will finish right on the number and you will win/lose by the hook

5. FSU vs Duke- line is FSU minus 30, but Jimbo will call off the dogs and not embarass Cutcliffe, no way I would lay 30 points in a conference championship game

6. Oklahoma vs Oklahoma St- Bedlam in the freezer on a slick frozen field..OkSt -10, they wont lose in Stillwater at least not this year

Your turn Roseberry...unless you are at the FT this weekend
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Only one team in the Big 10 has beaten everyone of their conference opponents by double digits.

...and it's not Ohio St. I think Mich St.'s Offense might surprise today.

However...I've only seen one team really successful at locking down a Mobile QB...and that team doesn't play in the Big 10/

But Mich St is stuffing the Rush on a serious level. They're #1 in opposing the Rush and have only allowed 777 (64.8 yds a game) rushing yards this entire season.
    Yet Ohio St isn't far behind @ #5.

But Mich St has the #3 Scoring Defense in the Nation.

Ohio St hasn't look the greatest, and their Defense has gone missing at times. But I would not pick against them in this matchup. The edge goes to Urban and the fact that they are ONE GAME AWAY from playing in the National Championship.
    Ohio St wins.

.....unless Buckeye players have been reading tabloids
    and think whether they win or not they are not going to the NC Title game...lol
    doubtful

Last edited by Dustin D; 12-07-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Only one team in the Big 10 has beaten everyone of their conference opponents by double digits.

...and it's not Ohio St. I think Mich St.'s Offense might surprise today.

However...I've only seen one team really successful at locking down a Mobile QB...and that team doesn't play in the Big 10/

But Mich St is stuffing the Rush on a serious level. They're #1 in opposing the Rush and have only allowed 777 (64.8 yds a game) rushing yards this entire season.
    Yet Ohio St isn't far behind @ #5.

But Mich St has the #3 Scoring Defense in the Nation.

Ohio St hasn't look the greatest, and their Defense has gone missing at times. But I would not pick against them in this matchup. The edge goes to Urban and the fact that they are ONE GAME AWAY from playing in the National Championship.
    Ohio St wins.

.....unless Buckeye players have been reading tabloids
    and think whether they win or not they are not going to the NC Title game...lol
    doubtful

Smart money is a Buckeye fan who rests on cautious optimism at times. But given the MSU defense hasn't 'really' been tested this year with top offense...I like the Bucks here as well.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

go Sparty !!
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com