The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 157 of 226 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

bon,
    as for the field trial, i had an invite to stay the next two weekends at "estate golfandhunter". his villa is within 1 mile of the snowbird/tallokas grounds. i went to sleep monday before last and missed the entry for snowbird. i chickened out of the looooong trip to tallokas next weekend with approx 40 dogs entered in the derby and qual.

as for college football........i thought the season ended last saturday evening about 6:30!

but here goes any way:

1. saban extends at alabama........texas hires gus malzoon instead.

2. i am on the longhorns with the points.......hell i am on the longhorns to win!

3. i thought ohio state was very good, then i watched the michigan game. if spartan state can tackle they win in a close one.

4. fsu wins, but it's closer than most think.

5. with the weather i take the cowboys to win but not cover.

6. who plays in the pac 12 title game anyway?

7. i don't mean to offend mjh but the boogs win over mizzou and play for the title! war eagle...oh shizzle, did i just say that? (this pick is driven by both an sec bias on my part and my hopes the little ol' state of alabama can make it 5 in a row)

good day of football and good luck to all here!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bon,
    as for the field trial, i had an invite to stay the next two weekends at "estate golfandhunter". his villa is within 1 mile of the snowbird/tallokas grounds. i went to sleep monday before last and missed the entry for snowbird. i chickened out of the looooong trip to tallokas next weekend with approx 40 dogs entered in the derby and qual.

as for college football........i thought the season ended last saturday evening about 6:30!

but here goes any way:

1. saban extends at alabama........texas hires gus malzoon instead.

2. i am on the longhorns with the points.......hell i am on the longhorns to win!

3. i thought ohio state was very good, then i watched the michigan game. if spartan state can tackle they win in a close one.

4. fsu wins, but it's closer than most think.

5. with the weather i take the cowboys to win but not cover.

6. who plays in the pac 12 title game anyway?

7. i don't mean to offend mjh but the boogs win over mizzou and play for the title! war eagle...oh shizzle, did i just say that? (this pick is driven by both an sec bias on my part and my hopes the little ol' state of alabama can make it 5 in a row)

good day of football and good luck to all here!
    1) who cares !

2) the Bears win

3) MSU

4) That's what UNI thought last night - then they played the game .

5) again, who cares

6) a couple of teams that could hold their own against the elite of your conference, we may find that out during the bowl season .

7) it would be embarassing for a middle of the pack little 12 program to come in & during their Sophomore season walk away with the title, wouldn't it. But it would say a lot about how really good the SEC is .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    7) it would be embarassing for a middle of the pack little 12 program to come in & during their Sophomore season walk away with the title, wouldn't it. But it would say a lot about how really good the SEC is .
    See? only western folk use that phrase when talking about other conferences.

Usually in an attempt to diminish another team down to the Div II level,
    so that if they do accomplish what you pray for,
    it will be that much more of an accomplishment, uh embarrassment.

Either way I'm glad to see you still recognize the standard of what College Football conferences should be like.

...and the Sooners showing why they're still relevant in the Big 12.
    Breaking Okla St.'s BCS Dreams in Stillwater.

...with a strip sack fumble returned for a Touchdown to end it.

33-24 Sooners

The end of the game; Cowboys score. Go up.
    Punt, Punt.
    Sooners drive down and score.
    Then Okla St with 19 seconds left take a sack.
    Then play the lateral game, fumble, Sooners pick it up and score again.

Okla St.
    TD 1:46 Desmond Roland rush for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN. Ben Grogan extra point GOOD.Drive info: 7 plays, 89 yds in 2:41
    Watch Highlight
    20 24
    OU TD 0:19 Blake Bell pass complete to Jalen Saunders for 7 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Michael Hunnicutt extra point GOOD.Drive info: 8 plays, 66 yds in 1:27
    Watch Highlight
    27 24

OU
    TD 0:00 Clint Chelf pass complete to Jhajuan Seales, fumbled, recovered by Okla Eric Striker at the OKSt 3 for 6 yards, lateral to Josh Stewart for a loss of 1 yard, lateral to Desmond Roland for a loss of 32 yards, lateral to Eric Striker for 3 yards, to the OKSt 0 for a TOUCHDOWN.Drive info: 3 plays, -34 yds in 0:00 33 2
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-07-2013 at 02:43 PM.

HORRIBLE no call on the INT by OkSt, defender clearly had the INT before he hit the ground....OK State just threw away a 17MM BCS bowl game.... T Boone will not be happy
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I saw that play. I think he had possession too. But you have to KEEP IT once you hit the ground. He landed on top the Sooners receiver and the ball came out before he was down.

I don't think he maintained possession throughout the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    But it would say a lot about how really good the SEC is .
    marvin,

i know it's impossible at seven consecutive for you left coasters to give props to the SEC.

but at four bcs championships in a row, can you at least admit that alabama, a state that is 49th in most national statstics has walked the earth as a giant?

bruins and trojans? uh....never close.
    ducks and beavers? c'mon man be serious.
    horns and aggies? psssst.
    noles, gators and canes? nah.
    wolverines and spartans? lol.
    sooners and cowboys? baaaah. they just had a great game today though! even if ok st didn't get credit for the int!
    dawgs and wreck? your kiddin' me, right?

you are very experienced marvin(translation....older than dirt) admit you have never seen nothin' like it!
    Last edited by roseberry; 12-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    john mccallie

I think Coach Saban sums up the problem the left coasters have with the SEC: "High achievers don't like mediocre people and mediocre people don't like high achievers."

I would think by this point 7 in a row would speak for itself, but apparently not.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

My point is the hilarity of these statements.

Oh, if Mizzou wins 7 games what does that say?
    Oh, if Mizzou wins 9 games what does that say?
    Oh, if Mizzou wins the East, what does that say?
    Oh, if Mizzou wins the SEC, what does that say?

I mean, what does the fox say?

I find it hilarious how anything even remotely negative,
    or even close, is always somehow
    a sign of the DOWNFALL OF THE SEC!!!!

lol
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-07-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    I think Coach Saban sums up the problem the left coasters have with the SEC: "High achievers don't like mediocre people and mediocre people don't like high achievers."

I would think by this point 7 in a row would speak for itself, but apparently not.
    Are you guys saying left coasters are mediocre? BTW, I absolutely give Alabama all the credit in the world going back to when I was a kid. I consider them one of the top programs of all time. I personally don't like the BCS, but I can't take anything away from the teams that win it, all they did was beat whoever they played against. How could they do better?

John