The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 165 of 226 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    But Damn, what exactly does FSU bring to the table that NONE of these other teams have?
    The difference is, Free Shoes U plays defense. They are fast & very athletic. The OL & DL are both damn fine units. I think they're too fast side to side to get gashed by the rushing attack of AU. They also have a very good pro style offense. There is no harder offense to defend than a pro style that can run & pass. Of course we will see soon enough. AU is the dog in this game for a reason.
    Last edited by Jacob Hawkes; 12-10-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Jimbo Fisher basically used the model he learned from you guys at LSU and has quietly recruited the best classes the last couple of years, IMO he has built an SEC type team that plays in the ACC...If you look up old articles of 2012 recruiting it will show that Jameis Winston wasnt some no name walk on

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2012/2...class-2012-fsu
    Now THAT I can believe. THAT sounds like a good reasonable logic behind what makes FSU different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    The difference is, Free Shoes U plays defense. They are fast & very athletic. The OL & DL are both damn fine units. I think they're too fast side to side to get gashed by the rushing attack of AU. Of course we will see soon enough. AU is the dog in this game for a reason.
    Bro'Ham. Maybe you missed a few Auburn Games. But they don't run side to side. They pretty much run through the tackles.

I do think however that they will not DOMINATE FSU on the ground. If they do win, it will have to be balanced. No way they just line up and run, run ....run against FSU like they did against Mizzou. They'll have to throw more like they did against UGA.

Then again....they threw for less than 100 yards against Bama. But had they thrown the ball down the field a little more, they may have converted some of those 3rd downs.

Like this one. Two completed passes, both for negative yards?

2nd and 5 at ALA 37 Nick Marshall pass complete to Quan Bray for a loss of 4 yards to the Alab 41.
    3rd and 9 at ALA 41 Nick Marshall pass complete to Corey Grant for a loss of 2 yards to the Alab 43.
    4th and 11 at ALA 43 Steven Clark punt for 42 yards, downed at the Alab 1.

Gotta have better play calling than that in the 2nd half of the game.

Bama drove down the field (From their 1 yard line) to set up another FG.

That un-converted 3rd down was crucial.

Last edited by Dustin D; 12-10-2013 at 06:59 AM.

BTW, did you guys see this?

TV: ESPN U, DTV: 208
    01/01 1:00 PM
    251 Wisconsin
    252 South Carolina
    -1 -10
    49u-10

-1 -10
    49u-10

-1 -10

-2 -10

-1 -10

-2 -10

-1 -10

#19 Wisconsin(9-3/Big 10) picked as favorites over #9 Gamecocks(10-2/SEC)???
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-10-2013 at 07:07 AM.

251 Wisconsin
    252 South Carolina
    -1 -10
    49u-10

-1 -10
    49u-10

-1 -10

-2 -10

-1 -10

-2 -10

-1 -10

One of the guys, either Herbstreit or J. Palmer picked this game as the team on upset alert...Had Wisconsin not laid an egg vs Penn State they were in line for a BCS at large berth
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Well, we will soon know.

Joe Mixon has the Badgers as one of his 4 teams along with UCLA, CAL, O. U & 5 if Sarkiasian calls.

Bill Connor
    Last edited by canuckkiller; 12-10-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Bro'Ham. Maybe you missed a few Auburn Games. But they don't run side to side. They pretty much run through the tackles.

I do think however that they will not DOMINATE FSU on the ground. If they do win, it will have to be balanced. No way they just line up and run, run ....run against FSU like they did against Mizzou. They'll have to throw more like they did against UGA.

Then again....they threw for less than 100 yards against Bama. But had they thrown the ball down the field a little more, they may have converted some of those 3rd downs.

Like this one. Two completed passes, both for negative yards?

2nd and 5 at ALA 37 Nick Marshall pass complete to Quan Bray for a loss of 4 yards to the Alab 41.
    3rd and 9 at ALA 41 Nick Marshall pass complete to Corey Grant for a loss of 2 yards to the Alab 43.
    4th and 11 at ALA 43 Steven Clark punt for 42 yards, downed at the Alab 1.

Gotta have better play calling than that in the 2nd half of the game.

Bama drove down the field (From their 1 yard line) to set up another FG.

That un-converted 3rd down was crucial.

I think so much of that offense is predicated on spreading a team out & using speed to win. Yes, they do run between the tackles, but it takes lateral quickness to beat that scheme. Penetration is key & I think they have the DL to do just that.

251 Wisconsin
    252 South Carolina
    -1 -10
    49u-10

-1 -10
    49u-10

-1 -10

-2 -10

-1 -10

-2 -10

-1 -10

No way would I put South Carolina as the dogs in that game.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...can-beat-Bama&

We can beat Bama
    We can beat Bama, and I think we can do it without playing our best game.

I know stats don't tell the whole story. But they do tell part of a story.

There is a lot of misconception about Bama.
    When I think of Bama, I think of a team you can't stop from running and a team that you can't run against.

Neither is completely true - especially the part that you can't stop them from running.

A brief look at this year's stats, which do mean something at this point in the year, says two things real quick.

First, Bama is the best D we've seen all year.
    Second, surprisingly, we're the best defense they've seen too.
    Statistically, we're the second best D they've seen. Va Tech being #1.

But Va Tech played no one. The best win Va Tech has this year is either N.carolina or Ga. Tech. They didn't beat a ranked team all year.
    AND.... Bama played Va. Tech the first game of the year.
    So, sinse then, we're the best D Bama will face all year. I honstly think Va Tech's defense isn't as good as ours is.

Offensively, they throw better than we do (no kidding right?) - well exept for Grant Bothun, who at this point has a 99.9% passer rating (Thanks OSU!!! )
    But they're not great at it. They're #60 in the county. We're #99.

And the defenses they've played are just a bit below the level of defenses we've faced.
    And Auburn, who they just lost to isn't even on the first page of stats (top 50) of total defense.
    Bama's offense only put 28 against Auburn, a defense that is worse than many we've faced this year. Worse than OSU and we just put up 33 against them with a rag tag beat up offense playing 3 QBs in one game with 4 different people thowing passes.

My point? We can win a defensive battle with Alabama.
    And I think we can score more than most believe as long as we don't drop the ball like we did against Texas - our worst game of the year by far.

Quick list of stats...

2nd best rush defense Bama has seen - Va tech #8 and the statistical best to date
    OU #27
    LSU #43 (statistically the 2nd best D Bama has seen up to this point in all D categories)
    Bama is the best rush D we've seen #11
    Best we've seen so far is OSU at 22 followed by Baylor at 25 - both better than any team Bama has seen this year

2nd best scoring D they've seen -- Va Tech best to date
    But then we're 23, Next best they've seen is LSU at 30
    We've played OSU #14 baylor #19 - both better than any team Bama has seen this year (excluding Va Tech)
    Bama #2 scoring D.

2nd best total D - Va Tech best to date
    We're 13.
    Next best they've seen is LSU at 20
    Baylor was #17 - So we've played better defenses than Bama has to date.
    Total D Alabama #5

Bama beat 2 ranked teams.
    LSU 38-17
    and Ole Miss 25-0
    Lost to Auburn

Oklahoma beat 1 ranked team all year. OSU
    Lost to Baylor and Texas

So, Oklahoma has the best win of both Bama by OU beating OSU (vs. Bama beating LSU)
    But Bama has 1 more win against ranked teams (LSU and Ole Miss - who statistically is pretty bad and I think gets love for being in the SEC)

Offense:
    Bama #18 Rush offense
    OU #21

Pass:
    Bama #60
    OU #99

Keep in mind when looking at the offensive stats here, we've played better defenses than Bama. We run the ball as good as they do.

I can't find any passing D stats on the NCAA site tonight for some reason.

They've never seen a powerhouse defense like the ones the Big XII has.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-10-2013 at 10:07 AM.

No we can't

I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

I dunno, Wade - had my attention from the 'Bama sideline until that last quote

They've never seen a powerhouse defense like the ones the Big XII has.
    that Dustin so thoughtfully included.

Though I must admit, when your own D gets gashed for 300 large up the middle by the Cow College, may be best to keep your counsel about "powerhouse defenses."

MG