The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 191 of 226 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

who do I root for this evening ? do I be a Big 12 homer and side with OU who I abhor the first week in October...or do I pull for Nick Saban and AJ (along with his Mom and GF) whom I am big fans of....someone please tell me that Brent Musberger is NOT calling the game tonight...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Was an obvious mistake for good measure. The last coach to actually beat LSU is none other than R.C. Slocum, a Louisiana native & the winningest coach in TAMU history. Of course you knew that. I also mentioned that for emphasis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    B/c 9 out of the 12, Pac 12 schools were bowl eligible and got bowl bids that they excepted.

Must be a LA thing - they need to get theirselves together to be excepted in polite company .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

B/c 9 out of the 12, Pac 12 schools were bowl eligible and got bowl bids that they excepted.

If Baylor drops this one(After being -17 Favorites)
    and OU loses to Bama tomorrow,
    0-2 in BCS Bowls isn't going to look very good for the Big 12
    This is what I hate about the current system. I'm a big Pac 12 fan, but you can't tell me 3/4 of our conference teams deserved to be playing a post season bowl game. I love my Trojans, but am embarrassed that they played in a bowl with their terrible record this year. I would much rather have someone pick the top two teams from each conference and have them play each other in a series of playoff bowls. For example, I would love to see how Oregon, Michigan State or Nebraska would do against Central Florida or LSU, all impressive winners yesterday.

Not me CoachMo. I can't watch games like that. It's just boring.

Oh your team scored! ....but what does that matter, the other team is about to score too.

Watching Games like that is like watching 2A High School games. if you can complete a couple passes a drive, you'll score every time. There is NO real competition in those games besides who ends up with the ball last.

That's not HARD FOUGHT Gridiron Football,
    that's just scoring until the clock runs out and hope you're left in the lead when it hits 00:00.

I'm not saying 9-6 Games are the greatest, I like to see Offensive Execution,
    but Games like that just bore me. It's like watching Basketball.
    (3 minutes left in the game, the lead changes 17 times)

Nah, I'll pass.

But Heck even the TAMU game was better I thought, just b/c it was a Comeback Game.
    TAMU finally got the lead with 52 POINTS! and only 3:33 left on the clock...52 points
    and they finally get the lead!?!?....
    What kind of stat is that!? lol

Games I enjoyed this season so far;

Rose - Outstanding Competitive Game.

Outback - Great Show by the Defense(allowed only 2 scoring drives of 5 yds combined)
    and J. Hill(216 rushing yds) This kid is a Finisher!

New Orleans - Thought this was a really good game too. Hard Fought.

Music City Bowl - This game was more tough than the scoreboard read.
    These teams were beating each other up until the very end.

Poinsettia - Utah St continues to put out a defensive team capable of beating High Powered Offenses within their level of competition. It showed here when they grounded the Heisman candidate to 14 points. Last year Toledo was a Hot fast scoring team, they held them to 13 points.

Capitol One - Just how much swagger does Conner Shaw have!?
    He passed for 3 Touchdowns,
    he Rushed for 1 Touchdown
    and he CAUGHT A TOUCHDOWN!
    WOW!

Little Caesar's - Pitt put on a show as the underdogs here.

Reality Checks;

10 Win Rice gets routed by 6-6 Miss St. /44-7 Miss St.

Baylor, you do realize there are RULES in the game right? and if you don't obey them, this happens.
    17 penalties for 135 yards last night. Nope, that won't get it done. /52-42 UCF(American) Wins BIG!

Wash. St., Complete 4th Qtr Melt-Down with two back to back turnovers allowing Co. St to put up 18 pts in the 4th for the win as times expires on a kick-off return fumble after tying the game. /48-45 Colo. St.

Fresno State gets smacked DOWN, picked up, and thrown in the trash. /45-20 USC
    Statement win for USC to get to 10 wins even with 3 coaching changes this season.

ASU .... a 7 win Big 12 Texas Tech just made your #14 ranking look pretty bad.... /37-23 TT

TAMU without Johnny Amazing.......gunna be tough to watch Wayne.

Virginian Tech.....Virginia Tech.....paging Virginia Tech... /42-12 UCLA Blow out.

Texas began the game allowing a Pick 6 and ended the game allowing a Pick 6.
    Nothing more to be said here. /30-7 Ducks win.

John, not putting down anyone just pointing out that awhile back several people voiced their displeasure for low-scoring, defensive games. It was an enjoyable game to watch from an offensive prospective. No, Marvin it's not a Louisiana thing! Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    John, not putting down anyone just pointing out that awhile back several people voiced their displeasure for low-scoring, defensive games. It was an enjoyable game to watch from an offensive prospective. No, Marvin it's not a Louisiana thing! Nice try though.
    Sorry your post popped up right after I posted how much fun that game was. I was enjoying it more from the big upset standpoint rather than the high scoring nature. I'm actually in your guys camp of appreciating old school smash mouth football.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    who do I root for this evening ? do I be a Big 12 homer and side with OU who I abhor the first week in October...or do I pull for Nick Saban and AJ (along with his Mom and GF) whom I am big fans of....someone please tell me that Brent Musberger is NOT calling the game tonight...
    Nope.

Last time Musberger called the Sugar Bowl,
    LSU(Nick Saban) upset Stoops in the National Championship.

Now Nick and Stoops are back at each other in the Sugar Bowl again

Date Network Play-by-play Color commentator(s) Sideline reporter(s)
    January 2, 2013 ESPN Sean McDonough Chris Spielman Quint Kessenich

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Must be a LA thing - they need to get theirselves together to be excepted in polite company .
    spelling-nazis-spelling-nazi-nazis-grammer.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    This is what I hate about the current system. I'm a big Pac 12 fan, but you can't tell me 3/4 of our conference teams deserved to be playing a post season bowl game. I love my Trojans, but am embarrassed that they played in a bowl with their terrible record this year. I would much rather have someone pick the top two teams from each conference and have them play each other in a series of playoff bowls. For example, I would love to see how Oregon, Michigan State or Nebraska would do against Central Florida or LSU, all impressive winners yesterday.
    Yea they'll likely change it soon.
    I think if they bumped it to 8 win minimum from 6 wins,
    we'd see some much more competitive and worthy games.

/
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-02-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Every team that is at least 6-6 (or even 5-7 in some cases) will go to a bowl. A couple of years ago, there were almost not enough teams bowl eligible to fill all the bowls. Often, the conferences with bowl tie-ins won't have enough bowl eligible teams.

With the Mich St win added.

Sorted by Wins

Conference Total games Wins Losses Pct.
    Pac-12 9 6 3 .667
    SEC 10 5 1 .833
    MW 6 3 3 .500
    ACC 11 3 6 .333
    C-USA 6 3 3 .500
    Big 12 6 2 2 .500
    Independents 3 2 1 .667
    American 5 2 2 .500
    Big Ten 7 2 4 .333
    Sun Belt 2 1 0 1.000
    MAC 5 0 4 .000

spelling-nazis-spelling-nazi-nazis-grammer.jpg

Yea they'll likely change it soon.
    I think if they bumped it to 8 win minimum from 6 wins,
    we'd see some much more competitive and worthy games.
    /
    Only if ESPN doesn't need the content !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!