The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 198 of 226 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Oh and SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    The team that couldn't win their annual rivalry game against a team that reassigned their coach for unsatisfactory performance delivers an AZZ whipping to the team that is the consensus SEC powerhouse as perceived by the SEC fanboys . It's great when they play the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    With the Mich St win added.

Sorted by Wins

Conference Total games Wins Losses Pct.
    Pac-12 9 6 3 .667
    SEC 10 5 1 .833
    MW 6 3 3 .500
    ACC 11 3 6 .333
    C-USA 6 3 3 .500
    Big 12 6 2 2 .500
    Independents 3 2 1 .667
    American 5 2 2 .500
    Big Ten 7 2 4 .333
    Sun Belt 2 1 1.000
    MAC 5 4 .000
    The chart says it all -

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    #1 FSU
    #2 MSU
    #3 OSU
    #4 USC
    #5 Oregon or OU
    #6 OU or Auburn

How about that, 2 Big ten teams in the top 3 WOW!!!
    You need to look at the chart above - there are still a couple of games to play - the pride of the SEC barely beat a team that barely became bowl eligible & lost the opening game of the bowl season in spectacular fashion - the LITTLE Ten has one fairly good team & a bunch of patsies - I have a feeling the War Eagles will come to play as it may be their last chance for some time to play for all the marbles as decided by ??????????????? - I doubt if your #3 team could beat Stanford or AL - #4 USC ????????

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

You guys seem to have lost your collective minds! OU played a hell of a good game last night against Alabama but does this somehow dismiss the dominance that the SEC has displayed over the last 10 or so years? Come on! I'm not a Bama fan but it's not just SEC fans that point to them as a powerhouse it's the fact that they have the crystal footballs (along with a couple other SEC schools) to back it up. I'm not sure what will happen in the actual championship game but isn't there still an SEC team yet to play?

Ed,

My rankings are based solely on what I think will happen the rest of the bowl season. FSU and OSU both win their bowl games.
    Last edited by Wade; 01-03-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The chart says it all -

What is it, the chart says Marvin?

Updated, By Wins.

Conference Total games Wins Losses Pct.
    Pac-12 9 6 3 .667
    SEC 10 5 2 .714
    Big 12 6 3 2 .600
    MW 6 3 3 .500
    ACC 11 3 6 .333
    C-USA 6 3 3 .500
    Independents 3 2 1 .667
    American 5 2 2 .500
    Big Ten 7 2 4 .333
    Sun Belt 2 1 0 1.000
    MAC 5 0 4 .000

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    You guys seem to have lost your collective minds! OU played a hell of a good game last night against Alabama but does this somehow dismiss the dominance that the SEC has displayed over the last 10 or so years? Come on! I'm not a Bama fan but it's not just SEC fans that point to them as a powerhouse it's the fact that they have the crystal footballs (along with a couple other SEC schools) to back it up. I'm not sure what will happen in the actual championship game but isn't there still an SEC team yet to play?
    No one in their right mind can dismiss the SEC dominance of the last decade and certainly the BCS era

BUT

its a conference dominance..the SEC is the only place where you see rival fans turn and pull for their bitter rivals as if to validate that they got beat by the eventual National champ...

The only other time I see that same phenomena is during the National Amateur or National Open when people blindly pull for a certain dog, whom they couldnt identify out of a line up,but because they share the same sire, or that dog happens to be the sire of their next puppy..

I am happy for OU but in good conscience I could not pull for them just because they hail from the same conference..Texas whipped OU, does that mean Texas could beat Bama...not even a ghost chance in Hades...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Come on Bon, you gotta have a little OU love, No?
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Come on Bon, you gotta have a little OU love, No?
    They played a GREAT game last night....but explain to me,how OU gets their azz kicked by Texas and by Baylor, and then kicks Bama up and down the field...Sooners might be the biggest Jekyll/Hyde team this year...Have no love for OU the first weekend in October, the other 51 weeks they dont matter
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    They played a GREAT game last night....but explain to me,how OU gets their azz kicked by Texas and by Baylor, and then kicks Bama up and down the field...Sooners might be the biggest Jekyll/Hyde team this year...Have no love for OU the first weekend in October, the other 51 weeks they dont matter
    I'm guessing that freshman QB they played last nite is the biggest reason.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Bon, I pointed that out in my post about several SEC teams having won championships. I believe the SEC is by far the superior conference; however, I can assure you I was in no way pulling for the gumps last night. I wasn't pulling for OU either, rather just enjoyed the game. I can't stand Bama or the whinny-little Stoops from OU. I support LSU 100%, everyone else no so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    No one in their right mind can dismiss the SEC dominance of the last decade and certainly the BCS era

BUT

its a conference dominance..the SEC is the only place where you see rival fans turn and pull for their bitter rivals as if to validate that they got beat by the eventual National champ...

The only other time I see that same phenomena is during the National Amateur or National Open when people blindly pull for a certain dog, whom they couldnt identify out of a line up,but because they share the same sire, or that dog happens to be the sire of their next puppy..

I am happy for OU but in good conscience I could not pull for them just because they hail from the same conference..Texas whipped OU, does that mean Texas could beat Bama...not even a ghost chance in Hades...
    Yep, I will never understand the SEC, SEC, SEC chants. It is really weird to me to think that Alabama fans could somehow feel better if Auburn wins Monday night.
    As far as dominance, Stoops said it earlier this year, the top 2-3 teams in the SEC have been very good but the rest, not so much. It's like they forget that Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc are in the conference. The incredible defenses have been exposed as they see more spread offense teams, they are just hard to defend. Last nights game, well tell me how bad OU sucks on D. 7 sacks and pressure all night, not sure he saw that from any of the almighty SEC teams he faced this year. All that and without several of OU's best defenders on the field due to injury. The reality is that the top teams in every major conference are generally a lot closer in talent than the SEC homers like to think. It's just the different styles of football the various conferences play makes certain stats look better or worse.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."