The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 200 of 226 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2252

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Hmm, Ducks end up with the same record as Alabama only we won our bowl against Texas. I'm sure Alabama will be ranked 2 or 3 next year and we will be at 10

/Paul
    Gundog, you spot on
    correct. The four team spider web--Oregon-Texas-Oklahoma-Alabama--should raise questions about the SEC, but it won't. Two of the SEC bowl victories were against two perennial college powers--Duke and Rice--and should raise questions about the quality of the SEC, but it won't. Even if both Auburn and Missouri lose today, the sports press will have about eight of the SEC teams in the top twenty next year and the circle jerk continues. One of the authors on this thread stated to the effect that SEC football was at a whole different level. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Achiro, there's an old saying in sports and that's "stats are for losers". Game stats that is. The stat that really matters is championships. Your previous post #1980 you were quick to make reference about game stats and the SEC "homers" but fail to mention all of the championships the conference has over the last decade or so. Just sayin!
    THis is so GD stupid I don't even know what to say. If you are a LSU fan is should matter that it's your rival and not your team in that game. None of those championships have done a thing for anyone else. A great team is a great team, it doesn't matter which conference they are in. Teams and conference dominance comes and goes, a few teams in the SEC have been up but that will change eventually and someone else will take their place.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Yep, I will never understand the SEC, SEC, SEC chants. It is really weird to me to think that Alabama fans could somehow feel better if Auburn wins Monday night.
    I hear it ALL THE TIME from a couple of Texas and Sooner fans I work with,
    Every time a Big 12 team bets ANYONE.

The incredible defenses have been exposed as they see more spread offense teams, they are just hard to defend.
    Could you give some examples? What games are you talking about?

Last nights game, well tell me how bad OU sucks on D.
    Bama;
    516 Total Yards
    387 Passing Yards (12.9 yds per pass)
    129 Rushing Yards (6.8 yds per carry)

That's not screaming domination sir.

Bama scored 31 points, and that's WITH 5 TURNOVERS!

I'm not trying to crap on your win here,
    but let's not get ahead of ourselves here on how exactly it went down.

The better team won of course, but this was no Rout as I've seen some Headlines try and tout.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    You lost to Stanford when your quarterback was injured and Stanford
    and Arizona.

Now if Arizona played Oregon again, would they win? Likely NOT! That's my point above about teams having let down games. Try as you may, young men are hard to emotionally control.

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    about the SEC.....
    Two of the SEC bowl victories
    quality of the SEC...
    eight of the SEC .......teams
    effect that SEC football .......

You see. Another poster lumping the SEC altogether
    when simultaneously another poster wonders why!

...and talking about WHO the SEC teams have won against, something else no SEC poster here has mentioned yet.

Shcaff, care to tell us about the Pac-12 dominance over the.....Mountain West this Bowl Season?
    or maybe not?

Fact is, who cares!?

THis is so GD stupid I don't even know what to say. If you are a LSU fan is should matter that it's your rival and not your team in that game. None of those championships have done a thing for anyone else. A great team is a great team, it doesn't matter which conference they are in. Teams and conference dominance comes and goes, a few teams in the SEC have been up but that will change eventually and someone else will take their place.
    Yes but when teams around you are playing at the highest level,
    does it not force you to either keep up and get left behind?
    That's what good competition does right?

Makes you get better.

7 sacks, 4 turnovers. Last time an SEC defense did that to Alabama?
    Outside of some ridiculously bad tackling at times the OU D played the game they wanted.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I'm not sure what you think is so stupid. I'm just saying if you're counting on stats then count on the ones that really matter. I've never said that a team should not stand on it's own merits just that the SEC as a conference has been dominate. If you can't see that then well...maybe you shouldn't be calling anyone stupid. FYI I stated in an earlier post that OU played a great ball game! Explain why should it matter if LSU's rival is playing in a particular game. So what you really mean is you and the rest of the pack can bring up the SEC when it suits to prove your point but the success of the SEC should not matter. Talk about dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post

So Bama drops their 2nd Post-Season game in 6 years....and how?
    What are the similarities in these 2 losses?
    Both times Bama was a game away from playing in the National Championship Game, 08', 13'...
    then they lost their ensuing Bowl Game. Even Game Callers were commenting on the lack of DRIVE Bama players were showing last night.

Was Bama not happy to be there? I don't know, and I don't care. I'm just repeating what the talking heads were saying on Sports Shows this a.m. and last night DURING the 1st half of the game. There was a lack luster feel. Spoiled maybe? Heard that word used more than once. Not sure if everyone here can comprehend how a team would NOT be in a game, but I can. We see it all the time in Sports. Especially from teams used to hoisting National Titles. They've hoisted the Crystal Ball the previous two years in a ROW! and now they're in the Sugar Bowl with a chance to hoist.....what? a Sugar Bowl Trophy? So even if I COMPLETELY disagree with it, it's just the plain truth, especially with young emotionally charged kids.

And as much as it pisses me off, LSU does the same thing. It's some sort of Attitude Problem. Self-Righteous BS that spreads like a virus. You can sense it on campus from the negatiger fans and into the locker room. Like unless you're playing for it all, what does it matter and THAT is a Coaching Problem. Whatever happen to being grateful to even be IN the Post-Season? ...not anymore I guess...

I]
    I would call BS on that except I remember earlier in the year when some Oregon players were saying what a let down it would be to play in the Rose Bowl rather than the National Championship game. I still can't believe a team wouldn't get up for any bowl game, much less one of the premier bowls, (Rose, Orange, Sugar). There was a point in the second half where the whole stadium and team came alive, then Oklahoma turned the tide once more. I suspect they were down because they expected Oklahoma to roll over and play dead, but OU didn't. Maybe they were remembering Notre Dame last year, where it was easy, this OU team wasn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I hear it ALL THE TIME from a couple of Texas and Sooner fans I work with,
    Every time a Big 12 team bets ANYONE.

Could you give some examples? What games are you talking about?

Bama;
    516 Total Yards
    387 Passing Yards (12.9 yds per pass)
    129 Rushing Yards (6.8 yds per carry)

That's not screaming domination sir.

Bama scored 31 points, and that's WITH 5 TURNOVERS!

I'm not trying to crap on your win here,
    but let's not get ahead of ourselves here on how exactly it went down.

The better team won of course, but this was no Rout as I've seen some Headlines try and tout.

and Arizona.

Now if Arizona played Oregon again, would they win? Likely NOT! That's my point above about teams having let down games. Try as you may, young men are hard to emotionally control.
    That's the thing that really surprised me, what happened to the SEC dominant defense style of play. We were making fun of the high scoring, no defense Baylor-CFU game the other night, then the very next night we have the same thing with Alabama and Oklahoma. I think LSU is the last team holding that tough defense torch.

I would call BS on that except I remember earlier in the year when some Oregon players were saying what a let down it would be to play in the Rose Bowl rather than the National Championship game. I still can't believe a team wouldn't get up for any bowl game, much less one of the premier bowls, (Rose, Orange, Sugar). There was a point in the second half where the whole stadium and team came alive, then Oklahoma turned the tide once more. I suspect they were down because they expected Oklahoma to roll over and play dead, but OU didn't. Maybe they were remembering Notre Dame last year, where it was easy, this OU team wasn't easy.
    Exactly. I mean, who does those Oregon players think they were?
    They win one Rose Bowl since 1917!!!
    and now all of a sudden their tired of it? LOL...ok...

Like I said, it pisses me off, and it's hard for a fan to understand, but it happens. Last year when LSU found out the inevitable, that they were going to the Chicken Bowl, players were complaining about it. Like they deserved to go somewhere else. Of course us realistic fans were thinking WTH!? Who is LSU to complain about playing in ANY BOWL game. But unfortunately, players suffer from this brain farting disease. Heck even Sam M lost some draft stock with his comments about not playing their hardest depending on who they were playing etc. Then Barrow mentions something similar to an ESPN reporter this year.

I still blame it on the coaches.
    The Coaches have to be in control.
    They have to be able to explain to their players that EVERY game matters.

That's the thing that really surprised me, what happened to the SEC dominant defense style of play.
    Duuuude! Stop saying the SEC! LOL!

It's just one game JR, just one game.

I mean it wouldn't be fair to judge OU by one game this season either right?

Season Bowl Game Winner Loser
    2009 BCS National Championship Alabama 37 Texas 21
    2010 Capital One Bowl Alabama 49 Michigan State 7
    2011 BCS National Championship Alabama 21 LSU 0
    2012 BCS National Championship Alabama 42 Notre Dame 14

Wins by a combined 149 - 42

...3 of those scores against National Title Teams.

Stop making me defend Alabama! lol

/
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-03-2014 at 02:42 PM.