The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 22 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Yes. Not a lot to do around T Town unless one likes to hunt Whitetail deer. Somehow, I don't take him for a hunter. One can't even buy a beer on Sundays! That Georgia vs SC game was awful, absolutely no Defense on either team.
    I beg to differ. UGA played defense for one play. It just happened to be the one that counted.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post
    I beg to differ. UGA played defense for one play. It just happened to be the one that counted.
    Haha, good one. Actually, the game was fun to watch. I'm just not use to those high scoring SEC games where Defenses generally rule the day.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

How far from Ttown to Atlanta?
    Looks like the CBS tv coverage of the game of the century is getting out of hand. CBS is adding an extra camera that will be on JF all th time. Pregame interview with the two qbs, etc.
    And ESPN game day too.
    AL is favored by 9 points.
    It may be a game like LaTech vs. TAMU last year. Whoever has the ball last wins.
    I am concerned about our D.
    I am always worried. When I was at tamu it was tamc and we hardly ever won a game unless we were playimg Trinity or some other small college.
    Last edited by Wayne Nutt; 09-09-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    How far from Ttown to Atlanta?
    Looks like the CBS tv coverage of the game of the century is getting out of hand. CBS is adding an extra camera that will be on JF all th time. Pregame interview with the two qbs, etc.
    And ESPN game day too.
    AL is favored by 9 points.
    It may be a game like LaTech vs. TAMU last year. Whoever has the ball last wins.
    I am concerned about our D.
    I am always worried. When I was at tamu it was tamc and we hardly ever won a game unless we were playimg Trinity or some other small college.
    T Town to Atlanta about 5 hours of driving. There is some shopping in B'ham(45 minutes) but not much compared to Atlanta. I don't expect Bama's game with T a&m to be close. I haven't even looked at the point spread yet but I would take Bama to cover the points.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Franco you may be right or you may be wrong. In the end there are only two possible outcomes.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Go Tigers!!!LSU!!

Mr. Hawkes, I made it clear, prior to the beginning of the season, that the Oregon Ducks are the cream of the crop. My statement reflects the simple fact that the SEC is getting wacked when they play out of conference. Tally it up buster. The SEC is a media darling, period. Watch Tennessee this weekend. You will see a dismantling and ill bet you a dollar to a doughnut that they end up at the least, in the middle of the SEC pack. A joke.

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    Mr. Hawkes, I made it clear, prior to the beginning of the season, that the Oregon Ducks are the cream of the crop. My statement reflects the simple fact that the SEC is getting wacked when they play out of conference. Tally it up buster. The SEC is a media darling, period. Watch Tennessee this weekend. You will see a dismantling and ill bet you a dollar to a doughnut that they end up at the least, in the middle of the SEC pack. A joke.
    Nothing like winning 7 consecutive National Championship games to make a conference media darlings is there?

I agree Oregon will whip Tutorsee this weekend, and Oregon may very well be good enough to win it all this season but to think you can judge the SEC by Tennessee's 2013 football team would be silly. You are talking about a football program that has been struggling pretty badly for several years (nowhere near middle of the SEC) and is now in another transition with a whole new coaching staff. Tennessee will not stay down forever, but they are down right now and typically with a new coaching staff the big improvement isn't seen until year 2. This is year 1.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post
    While our young defense looked pretty bad in the first half, we only gave up 6 points in the second half so I think we played well on more than one play. We are so young and inexperienced on defense that it has not been pretty to say the least, but I expect them to improve rapidly (and they have to if we are going to be successful) throughout the season due to gaining experience, learning from their mistakes and adjusting to the speed of the college game.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    I doubt Oregon would have enjoyed playing the 'Dores last season, much less the Dawg's, Gator's, or Tigers.
    Last edited by Duckquilizer; 09-10-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.