RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#1,934 ·
Yes, you are being sensitive. lol
This is football talk here where we cherish our teams and speak confidently about them.

I watched it when I got back.

Put Zach M on the field and Beckham and Landry
would have had WAY MORE than 2 catches a piece.

LSU would have also had more than 82 passing yards.

#1,936 ·
Kirby Smart got work to do.

31-17 Sooners @ the Half!

Team Stat Comparison

OKLA

ALA
1st Downs1513
3rd down efficiency
5-75-7
4th down efficiency
1-10-0
Total Yards270362
Passing206301
Comp-Att
18-2314-21
Yards per pass
Rushing6461
Rushing Attempts
Yards per rush
Penalties3-251-5
Turnovers13
Fumbles lost
Interceptions thrown
Possession13:2016:36

#1,943 ·
Saban is a great recruiter but does he completely overlook trying to get a kicker? Amazing! !
coach, cade foster was something like 13 of 14 before the auburn game. i know you coached chokers like myself and cade in your career. you never know when we are gonna fold! lol

also the kid who missed the 54 yard attempt in the auburn game(did any of you happen to see that play?) is from nearby north georgia. i think he was the top kicker in last year's recruiting class. he had a 64 yarder or some such nonsense as a hs senior.

#1,941 ·
I'm sure Mettenberger would have made a difference but maybe then Hill doesn't have the game he had . Who knows. Anthony Hitchens, the Iowa lb is a kid I know pretty well and watched since HS and I was proud of how he and his team played in that game against a more talented LSU team.
You're right , we do cherish our teams and players.
Just hope my Buckeyes don't lose any more defensive players or Clemson may hang 100 on them!

#1,951 ·
Exactly! The kid was an unknown, didn't even play the entire season. OU lost to Texas and Baylor and their wins just weren't that impressive. Between Bama's running game and Defense, they should have won this game by 17-21 points. Knight has a career night and McCarron probably his worst. The sacks didn't help. Just glad I didn't bet this one because OU certainly got up for this one!

#1,956 ·
Congrats to the Sooner faithful(achiro,wade, bruce L) on saving the Big 12's azz and pulling out a HUGE win

#1,962 ·
THANKS Bon!!!! OU played its best game of the year, that I saw anyway. Achiro might say differently. I get 6-8 of their games up here in Minnesota each year so I did not see them all. From what I saw last night they played a near perfect game and Knight was AWESOME. The DB's still make me nervous and some time the undisciplined play, i.e when Striker took off his helmet but didn't get flagged. However, my SOONERS won and that is what matters most. BOOMER SOONER!!!!

#1,958 · (Edited)
still one heck of a career from AJ McCarron, class act, great football player, hot looking GF, Mom is too...he is living the American Dream

So How far does Alabama drop in the final poll next week...depending on the outcome of the National Championship game, and Ohio St.performance tomorrow, I would have to move Michigan St to # 3 possibly # 2, Bama drops out of the Top 5...all those that won their bowl games move up, losers take a walk

#1,960 ·
So How far does Alabama drop in the final poll next week...
Who cares - the NFL did away with what was known as the Runner Up Bowl about 50 years ago. Just sayin'...

Sooners dominant on every front - and edge, particularly the edges offense as well as defense. Came to play for Stoops and play with emotion they did - laid on a whuppin' deserving of their big win.

Oh, yeah: Dustin, national signing day will only get more interesting because Saban uses this loss as an appeal for more defensive talent, say a speed rusher and couple more 5-star DBs.

MG

#1,966 ·
Hate the sooners, but glad to see them beat down an SEC team! Congratulations Oklahoma!

Will be pulling for Oklahoma State tonight against the SEC wannabes Missouri.

#1,968 ·
I watched Saban's pre-game interview and told my wife that OU was going to win. Saban seemed to care less than I did about the outcome of the game. I am not sure this is verbatim, but it is pretty close to what he said:

Nick Saban said:
It is good finally to put the pads on and play the game. I was able to spend most of the last week here with my twin brother, Billy Bob Thornton, doing lines and tequila shots off of strippers. The team has been hanging with their agents working to prevent injuries before their pro days, except for A.J., who hopes to move up to the fifth or sixth day of the draft with a good performance tonight.

Of course we are disappointed that we were screwed out of the National Championship by some obscure rule from north of the border, but that doesn't mean we are not going to give it our all. We just blame Canada and move on. We came to play and are facing a tough Boise State team, the third best team in a very strong Big 2 Conference. It is just going to come down to who wants it more--them or our freshmen, whose agents actually need them to do some of that football stuff for a year or so.

Look, I need to get to the locker room and have my hairdresser, Nick Nolte, give me a touch up and grab one last oatmeal creme pie. I just hope the players haven't killed the keg. I will look for country clubs in Austin after tonight. Right now, I am 100% focused on this game. Really. It means so much to us. I'm not making this up. I'm serial

#1,971 ·
You guys seem to have lost your collective minds! OU played a hell of a good game last night against Alabama but does this somehow dismiss the dominance that the SEC has displayed over the last 10 or so years? Come on! I'm not a Bama fan but it's not just SEC fans that point to them as a powerhouse it's the fact that they have the crystal footballs (along with a couple other SEC schools) to back it up. I'm not sure what will happen in the actual championship game but isn't there still an SEC team yet to play?

#1,974 ·
No one in their right mind can dismiss the SEC dominance of the last decade and certainly the BCS era

BUT

its a conference dominance..the SEC is the only place where you see rival fans turn and pull for their bitter rivals as if to validate that they got beat by the eventual National champ...

The only other time I see that same phenomena is during the National Amateur or National Open when people blindly pull for a certain dog, whom they couldnt identify out of a line up,but because they share the same sire, or that dog happens to be the sire of their next puppy..

I am happy for OU but in good conscience I could not pull for them just because they hail from the same conference..Texas whipped OU, does that mean Texas could beat Bama...not even a ghost chance in Hades...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.