The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 38 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    St. Nick to Austin. The meetings have happened. It's all but a done deal. The fallout in tuscalooser should be EPIC. LSU winning another BCS NAT CHAMP & the gumps lose their beloved Saybear.
    jacob,

an analogy to try and help.

for millions and millions of years the colorado river has carved the wonders of the grand canyon. this eon was a little rainy and canyon development was significant, that eon was a little dry and the river's impact on the canyon is less. the river always runs, it is always working its wonders on the canyon.

bama football is like the grand canyon. the most awe inspiring and beautiful feature within the landscape of college football. some years in the bottom of the canyon where the battle takes place you have a Paul Bryant or a saban. in these years the canyon's features are embelished. some years you have mike dubose, some years ncaa sanctions and you can barely see an impact. when saban leaves alabama(and he will leave alabama) there could be a little flow redirected to wash some brackish water out the bayou for a year or two. who knows?

saban has been huge. saban may continue to be huge at bama. but saban aint bigger than bama. he may leave, but the natural order of things is always eventually restored and the tide will just keep on rolling, with nick, without nick.

p.s. i bet when saban is at texas and bama kicks his butt in the "football tournament" he wont cry because he lost whoever his "colt mccoy" is that year!
    john mccallie

Schaeffer, I pretty sure it's not "can't strings", but that's besides the point. You come on here and try to question the intelligence of an entire region and look like a jackass doing it. Bjoiner, I really don't care about the spelling or grammar I was making a point. Now if you want to really talk football...

Which one of you were reffing Saturday nite in AZ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    jacob,

an analogy to try and help.

for millions and millions of years the colorado river has carved the wonders of the grand canyon. this eon was a little rainy and canyon development was significant, that eon was a little dry and the river's impact on the canyon is less. the river always runs, it is always working its wonders on the canyon.

bama football is like the grand canyon. the most awe inspiring and beautiful feature within the landscape of college football. some years in the bottom of the canyon where the battle takes place you have a Paul Bryant or a saban. in these years the canyon's features are embelished. some years you have mike dubose, some years ncaa sanctions and you can barely see an impact. when saban leaves alabama(and he will leave alabama) there could be a little flow redirected to wash some brackish water out the bayou for a year or two. who knows?

saban has been huge. saban may continue to be huge at bama. but saban aint bigger than bama. he may leave, but the natural order of things is always eventually restored and the tide will just keep on rolling, with nick, without nick.

p.s. i bet when saban is at texas and bama kicks his butt in the "football tournament" he wont cry because he lost whoever his "colt mccoy" is that year!
    If Saban goes to Texas it won't be a Longhorn on his shirt.........It will be a star.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Les Miles to Texas...not a chance, he has no ties to the university at all

Nick Saban to Texas...sounds plausible, but it will all depend on who the AD is. Texas is all about image, its not about the money, Texas will always take the safe route, not neccessarily the best pick..They will go after someone who says all the right things and doesnt have a lot of skeletons in their closet..Texas also doesnt want to think they have to buy a coach to bring home championships..the egos on Guadalupe and Red River St are the biggest in the state

IMO they will go after someone like Chris Peterson from Boise St, or the coach from Stanford, whose name escapes me right now..whoever they decide on it will leave Texas fans scratching their head and saying WHO
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

Nick Saban to Texas...sounds plausible, but it will all depend on who the AD is. Texas is all about image, its not about the money, Texas will always take the safe route, not neccessarily the best pick..They will go after someone who says all the right things and doesnt have a lot of skeletons in their closet..Texas also doesnt want to think they have to buy a coach to bring home championships..the egos on Guadalupe and Red River St are the biggest in the state

IMO they will go after someone like Chris Peterson from Boise St, or the coach from Stanford, whose name escapes me right now..whoever they decide on it will leave Texas fans scratching their head and saying WHO
    I few years ago I would agree with you. But, I think when they do pull trigger they will want success now not in a few years. They need someone with a national name to bring in the recruits from outside Texas now that A&M is making a name for itself. But they need to do something. Mack has out stayed his welcome.
    Last edited by rboudet; 09-18-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post

I few years ago I would agree with you. But, I think when they do pull trigger they will want success now not in a few years. They need someone with a national name to bring in the recruits from outside Texas now that A&M is making a name for itself. But they need to do something. Mack has out stayed his welcome.
    There is one other possibilty and that is to lure Chuckie aka Jon Gruden out of the booth
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    And Mackovic's ties to Texas? And Saddle-Bags-Under-His-Eyes-Packed Mack's?

Or Saban's ties to Alabama before he became "plausible" to Texas?

You may need to follow college football a little more closely to know how to follow the money.

MG

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    As an aside, most of you seem to think Tennessee is pretty week and as a consequence, Oregon's victory doesn't mean much. You might be correct. I think most think Florida is a pretty good team. Only a few short weeks ago, Florida was one of the darlings of the SEC. It will be interesting to see if Florida is capable of administering the thrashing to Tennessee as given by Oregon.
    Anyone who thinks that hasn't seen them play. It is painful to watch Florida. Tennessee is pretty weak by SEC standards--has been for years--but they are getting better. They did manage to improve upon the effort by the mighty Wahoos by a field goal. Neither are terrible teams. Oregon is pretty scary.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    mighty Wahoos
    We better look mighty this weekend! We'll beat VPI at the end of the year. I just went on record.